Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

48 points appears to sufficient for safety this season however administration would see our club relegated from the EFL.

It must now be accepted by everyone, apart from himself and his brother, that our club will if the status quo continues eventually be relegated from the EFL.

I have no doubt that the money from any season card renewals has already been 'spent'.

Season card holders have a difficult decision to make.  Do we, do I after 27 years, say enough is enough and hasten the demise?

At the beginning of this week I was planning to renew my season ticket and looking forward to Saturday's match. Not any more! 

I've not yet decided whether I go tomorrow to protest and gauge the opinion of others, or not go at all.

Pissed off, thoroughly pissed off.

This genuinely isn't supposed to be an "I told you so" post, but I'm actually please that this latest episode seems to have lightened a fire under some people.

When I heard an agent wanted to give up his job to take us over, something didn't smell right.

Pushing his clients through our club last season and paying them inflated wages made it smell even worse.

I'm glad the majority are now on the same page..

"The crux of the matter, BBC Sport has been told, was Lemsagam's interaction with Oldham's first-team squad....

It is understood harsh words were exchanged on more than one occasion. A relationship that needed to be strong gradually worsened."

1 minute ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

"The crux of the matter, BBC Sport has been told, was Lemsagam's interaction with Oldham's first-team squad....

It is understood harsh words were exchanged on more than one occasion. A relationship that needed to be strong gradually worsened."

Gradually worsened ? In 31 days ? I’d say that’s rapidly not gradual. 

13 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Apparently there's no showers in use at the moment because of unpaid bills.

I know a guy who has done some work at BP and I believe there is no hot water because a new boiler was installed and the contractor didnt get paid so came back and removed said boiler.

2 minutes ago, Greenfield Latic said:

I know a guy who has done some work at BP and I believe there is no hot water because a new boiler was installed and the contractor didnt get paid so came back and removed said boiler.

No, when he arrived to "fix" the boiler he found there was no gas supply as the gas meter had been removed due to non payment!

I think they both believe they're telling the truth

The actual truth is likely somewhere in between

AL's thinking  "that wasn't interfering - you should have seen me with Bunn/Wild"

Scholes realised he'd dropped a bollock in more ways than one and saw an excuse to bail

Either way, what a fucking mess. 

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

AL's thinking  "that wasn't interfering - you should have seen me with Bunn/Wild"

Scholes realised he'd dropped a bollock in more ways than one and saw an excuse to bail

Quote from Lemsagam...

"Paul and I both agreed that there is potential but I reassured him that he had my full backing to rebuild the team of his choice next season.

"He did not raise any concerns at all about the team or any other matters informally or formally, prior to his resignation. He gave no opportunity or indications that he needed to address any issues at all."

Who the fuck do we believe is telling the least amount of lies?

Of course, you are right in that they both believe the words coming out of their own mouths.

Priest is still at the club, will he take over until a manager is found?
A little info would help both him and the fans.

If that quote above has even a kernel of truth in it, then the next manager should also get the backing to re-build the team...again!!

Is Lemsagam just a very talented, bare-faced liar?

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Is Lemsagam just a very talented, bare-faced liar?

Is Scholes?

I'm not as convinced AL's as at fault (re Scholes) as most are (or are so eager to be) but that doesn't mean I don't think he hasn't got a clue what he's doing and might well be the ruin of us once and for all.

While I'm not entirely comfortable with it - people's jobs, our league status and our very future are at risk if it results in admin - I do feel there's an opportunity here to protest/take action to force him out..

I've got a feeling he won't have the stomach for it like the Oyston's had and might well cut his losses and go allowing someone more fit & proper to pick us up on the cheap....   

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I think Scholes dropped both bollocks by believing the voices in his head saying "Paul, you have the talent to be a top manager". In reality, he was tactically inept, has no communication skills and is crap at motivation. No use asking our players to hit that tree 50 yards away. 

I had doubts about his appointment but supported him. But after yesterday's announcement, I'm really not bothered about him going.

We need stabilisation at this level.....someone who's been around Leagues 1 & 2 for a few years. 

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I think Scholes dropped both bollocks by believing the voices in his head saying "Paul, you have the talent to be a top manager". In reality, he was tactically inept, has no communication skills and is crap at motivation. No use asking our players to hit that tree 50 yards away. 

I had doubts about his appointment but supported him. But after yesterday's announcement, I'm really not bothered about him going.

We need stabilisation at this level.....someone who's been around Leagues 1 & 2 for a few years. 

Get who you want, it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Wellen' podcast is very interesting...he clearly says that AL initially asked a couple of times if he could come into the dressing room and RW agreed through his naivety but then when he got the job full time AL carried on and had obviously decided he loved it and wasn't going to stop!

When AL first took over I looked at a few social media posts of his...since removed I think...it was full of pics of him in helicopters, in Monaco, flash cars, bullshit like that....basically a wannabe playboy who is now a kid in a candy shop and playing football manager with our club

I feared from the start he was a chancer and could easily replicate the Leyton Orient example 

Archived