for me now its all about next season will he keep wild will he give a free hand for recruitment with funds to back it up  or will it be wild gone in june dithering till mid august with a replacement  and lots of cheap french league 4,5, & 6 nobodys the former and he has a chance the latter and can see our attendances dropping massivley 

21 minutes ago, peanuts said:

for me now its all about next season will he keep wild will he give a free hand for recruitment with funds to back it up  or will it be wild gone in june dithering till mid august with a replacement  and lots of cheap french league 4,5, & 6 nobodys the former and he has a chance the latter and can see our attendances dropping massivley 

Might as well stick with this head coach model and let them recruit who they want.

4 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Hold that thought....

Home fans in attendance.

Paul Scholes four home games

3800 - Yeovil Tuesday  4-1

4800 - Crewe Saturday1-1

3800 - Morecambe Tuesday 1-2

3700 - Stevenage  Saturday 1-1

Pete Wild’s Two home game since 

3200 - Grimsby  Saturday 2-0

2800 - Tranmere Tuesday 2-0

Interesting patterns: 

An increase of 1000 from the Yeovil to Crewe home games (The Scholes effect plus the previous good home victory)

A drop of 1000 between the Crewe and Morecambe home games (A draw in the previous home game plus the Tuesday effect)

A drop of 1100 between Crewe and Stevenage home games. (A draw and a defeat in the two prior home games)

A drop of 500 between the Stevenage and Grimsby home games (Boycott kicks in)

A drop of 400 between the Grimsby and Tranmere home games( Boycott and Tuesday night effect)

Next home game is Swindon. The return of Wellens. A response from Abdallah? We wait with baited breath...

15 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Home fans in attendance.

4800 - Crewe Saturday1-1

Interesting patterns: 

An increase of 1000 from the Yeovil to Crewe home games (The Scholes effect plus the previous good home victory)

A drop of 1000 between the Crewe and Morecambe home games (A draw in the previous home game plus the Tuesday effect)

A drop of 1100 between Crewe and Stevenage home games. (A draw and a defeat in the two prior home games)

A drop of 500 between the Stevenage and Grimsby home games (Boycott kicks in and we have been garbage in 7 previous games and season felt effectively over)

A drop of 400 between the Grimsby and Tranmere home games( Boycott and Tuesday night effect, expecting a drubbing and we have been garbage in 8 previous games despite ok result on Saturday)

Next home game is Swindon. The return of Wellens. A response from Abdallah? We wait with baited breath...

You can phrase stats all you like, at the end of the day they are just numbers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Home fans in attendance.

4800 - Crewe Saturday1-1

Interesting patterns: 

A drop of 500 between the Stevenage and Grimsby home games (Boycott kicks in)

A drop of 400 between the Grimsby and Tranmere home games( Boycott and Tuesday night effect)

FYI, I genuinely dont think the boycott will affect attendances this year. People who are planning a boycott are more the people who are refusing to buy next years season tickets. So they will still go with this seasons ticket until its done.

• Like 1

You can't rule out the theory those following Scholes have disappeared as quickly as the appeared, the only excpetion is FGR at home under PW.
Howver, our form roughlt matches it too, so if Pete's upturn continues, the crowd might too.

SATURDAYS:

TUESDAYS

Edited by singe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, youngen said:

FYI, I genuinely dont think the boycott will affect attendances this year. People who are planning a boycott are more the people who are refusing to buy next years season tickets. So they will still go with this seasons ticket until its done.

I have a season ticket and didn't go Saturday ( I could have done) and only decided to definitely go last night quite late in the day. 

• Like 1

It could be worse. Coventry are facing being thrown out of ye EFL because they haven't been able to tell the EFL where they will be playing next season. They haven't yet agreed a deal with the Ricoh owners and have asked several clubs about ground sharing. Apparently it's being put to a vote of all EFL clubs at the next meeting, on whether Coventry should be thrown out or not.

Edited by al_bro

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

It could be worse. Coventry are facing being thrown out of ye EFL because they haven't been able to tell the EFL where they will be playing next season. They haven't yet agreed a deal with the Ricoh owners and have asked several clubs about ground sharing. Apparently it's being put to a vote of all EFL clubs at the next meeting, on whether Coventry should be thrown out or not.

I take it that if Coventry are thrown out (I seriously doubt they will) then only the bottom 3 go down in the league above, as opposed to 5 going up from our league. 

12 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I take it that if Coventry are thrown out (I seriously doubt they will) then only the bottom 3 go down in the league above, as opposed to 5 going up from our league. 

They haven't decided yet

7 hours ago, youngen said:

This is just silly. Completely ignores pay on day fans and basic facts.

14 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I have a season ticket and didn't go Saturday ( I could have done) and only decided to definitely go last night quite late in the day. 

10 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

This is just silly. Completely ignores pay on day fans and basic facts.

My point being, that the majority of the 3000+ of the fans who have been going are ST holders (not sure on figures) so the drop wont be as drastic as people believe until next year. FWIW Harry, I reckon youre in a minority of ST holders who will just stop straight away. Pay on the dayers will still be there aswell, freebies/last minute call to watch some football etc. So the drop of 4-500 isnt that drastic as people believed the protest would be. Add to the fact the footies been largely shit and the season is dying out, there would be a decline regardless. Dont think AL is worrying that much just yet.

38 minutes ago, youngen said:

My point being, that the majority of the 3000+ of the fans who have been going are ST holders (not sure on figures) so the drop wont be as drastic as people believe until next year. FWIW Harry, I reckon youre in a minority of ST holders who will just stop straight away. Pay on the dayers will still be there aswell, freebies/last minute call to watch some football etc. So the drop of 4-500 isnt that drastic as people believed the protest would be. Add to the fact the footies been largely shit and the season is dying out, there would be a decline regardless. Dont think AL is worrying that much just yet.

Yeah I’d decided to not go again after the Morecambe match as it’s just shit. Nothing to play for. If I had a season ticket I’d probs still go though. I’ve found watching Stelling and co more entertaining on a Saturday tbh, and only costs me a fiver bet to be interested. 

10 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah I’d decided to not go again after the Morecambe match as it’s just shit. Nothing to play for. If I had a season ticket I’d probs still go though. I’ve found watching Stelling and co more entertaining on a Saturday tbh, and only costs me a fiver bet to be interested. 

Good job there are no longer down boats 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:15 AM, youngen said:

You'd be surprised how many fans who go to matches have little knowledge of what goes on. When I'm travelling to or returning from a game on the bus, and general discussions I hear, people just don't know. They used to depend on the Chron. for info. but now it's not printed they have no means of knowing about the club in general.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, al_bro said:

You'd be surprised how many fans who go to matches have little knowledge of what goes on. When I'm travelling to or returning from a game on the bus, and general discussions I hear, people just don't know. They used to depend on the Chron. for info. but now it's not printed they have no means of knowing about the club in general.

I spent half of Mother’s Day explaining to my parents why we were boycotting. Their view was very simplistic - if you’re a supporter, you go and support. But they didn’t know any of the goings on behind the scenes. They are choosing to still go and have already renewed their season tickets - but they were appalled at some of the stuff we told them, and now see why we’ve taken the stance we have (not to go to any home games despite having season tickets, and to not renew). 

The circus stuff is not widely known, especially amongst older fans and fans who do not use this message board or social media. Hence, organisation of any boycott or protest is going to need some really hard work to get the word out there to be effective. 

On 4/3/2019 at 2:21 PM, youngen said:

I’ve stayed away for the last two matches (I’m a ST holder) and will continue to do so until we have a new owner. I realise this could be a while, but I’m a stubborn fucker. Enough is enough. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I’ve stayed away for the last two matches (I’m a ST holder) and will continue to do so until we have a new owner. I realise this could be a while, but I’m a stubborn fucker. Enough is enough. 

I've not boycotted as such. I have a season ticket and I didn't go on Tuesday, but I rarely bother with midweek games. I went on Saturday, but only did the first half (and got into the game late), but again, that wasn't a boycott as such.

But I ain't renewing whilst Marco is still around...

• Like 3

It really pains me what's going on at the club. I feel all this could finish us off, as a divided fan base, especially one as small as ours, will not result in a happy ending. I can understand fully the frustrations of those who are boycotting, but for me we need to stick together and protest from within. Demonstrate at the games, not by not going to them. It will ultimately starve the club of money , not necessarily Abdallah, and we struggle to pay the bills and wages as it when everyone buys a season ticket, so god knows what will happen when they drop alarmingly..

We might as well hand the current youth team all a contract for next year as that's all we be able to afford, and who benefits then? I fully agree that the guy needs ousting, but so did I with Corney. I would never have dreamed of staying away until Corney had been replaced, but I know some who did, but haven't come back since.

I think we need to stick together and make sure there's still a League club left if a change can be forced. If not, I dread to think where we will end up, if we survive at all.

As I've said, I can understand the frustrations that those who are boycotting because they fear Abdallah is killing our club. I just feel that if I did the same, I'd be helping him to do it.

• Like 2