2 hours ago, al_bro said:

You'd be surprised how many fans who go to matches have little knowledge of what goes on. When I'm travelling to or returning from a game on the bus, and general discussions I hear, people just don't know. They used to depend on the Chron. for info. but now it's not printed they have no means of knowing about the club in general.

one wonders if the Chron was still in print would ALs handling of the club have been more exposed than it is and would the resulting protest have been bigger and more vocal .and re boycotting games protest at games all you want hes got your money he will just ignore you i know i would sticks and stones and all that .hit him in the pocket and he HAS  to take notice or hes a bigger idiot than we thought 

Edited by peanuts

Having had the time to think about our situation IMO a boycott at this stage would probably do more harm than good.

If Al doesn’t respond to the trust or does so unfavourably we should then demonstrate loud & proud at the Swindon game and repeat that with a passion at the Mansfield game in front of a live TV audience.

Unfortunately, I don’t think it will make much difference whatever we do with this clown but personally I reckon a boycott should be a final resort and only when all else has failed!

21 minutes ago, peanuts said:

one wonders if the Chron was still in print would ALs handling of the club have been more exposed than it is and would the resulting protest have been bigger and more vocal .and re boycotting games protest at games all you want hes got your money he will just ignore you i know i would sticks and stones and all that .hit him in the pocket and he HAS  to take notice or hes a bigger idiot than we thought 

If the club is run properly, which is what we all want, then it won't spend any more than it's income, unless the owner chips in. So, if we only sell 1000 season tickets and he's no money to put in, next seasons squad should reflect that. It'll cost us a lot more than it costs him, because there's only one way we're going if that happens, and it ain't upwards.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Having had the time to think about our situation IMO a boycott at this stage would probably do more harm than good.

If Al doesn’t respond to the trust or does so unfavourably we should then demonstrate loud & proud at the Swindon game and repeat that with a passion at the Mansfield game in front of a live TV audience.

Unfortunately, I don’t think it will make much difference whatever we do with this clown but personally I reckon a boycott should be a final resort and only when all else has failed!

He won't be changing so fans either change their habits or suck it up.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He won't be changing so fans either change their habits or suck it up.

I think this is spot on and there is ample evidence to back the view up.

So, it's up to us fans to do something. It does feel as though we are divided (fragmented even) at the moment. I just hope things galvanise if/when AL does/does not respond to the Trust letter.

23 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I think this is spot on and there is ample evidence to back the view up.

So, it's up to us fans to do something. It does feel as though we are divided (fragmented even) at the moment. I just hope things galvanise if/when AL does/does not respond to the Trust letter.

I think he will respond, if he doesn’t he is basically giving the trust the v’s! I don’t think he will want to piss anymore people off. Not saying he will give all the answers, but he will certainly respond imo

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I think he will respond, if he doesn’t he is basically giving the trust the v’s! I don’t think he will want to piss anymore people off. Not saying he will give all the answers, but he will certainly respond imo

Nah. That’d be giving the fan the v’s. The questions came from the fan. 

Do they charge to watch the youth team? (I don't think we have a ladies' team yet). 

As it would send a message to Marco if more people starting watching the youths than the first team, but it won't put any money into his pot by doing so. 

Going to watch away games only would be another option (I think Blackpool took that route), but if you pay in advance the club get a cut. 

I've renewed but I fully appreciate that others won't but still want to support the club without supporting the regime. So I thought I'd add a couple of suggestions (the away one has been discussed previously). 

Blackpool didn't take that option, or most of them didn't anyway. They always brought a good following pre boycott, in fact I always considered them similar to ourselves, shit home support but good away numbers.  They've brought a few hundred only since.They only took 5,000 to Wembley for the Div 4 play off final. Their protest was against Oyston's taking money out of the club, as they creamed off all they made from the premier league and hived it off into shareholder payments and loans to other companies they owned. Lemsagam may be a dickhead, but he won't be making any money out of Latics.

6 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Blackpool didn't take that option, or most of them didn't anyway. They always brought a good following pre boycott, in fact I always considered them similar to ourselves, shit home support but good away numbers.  They've brought a few hundred only since.They only took 5,000 to Wembley for the Div 4 play off final. Their protest was against Oyston's taking money out of the club, as they creamed off all they made from the premier league and hived it off into shareholder payments and loans to other companies they owned. Lemsagam may be a dickhead, but he won't be making any money out of Latics.

Why is he involved then? It sure as fuck isn’t to have a successful football club. 

Ego. They all think they can do turn whatever made them their money in the first place into turning a struggling club into a successful one, and then everyone will love them. Our previous owner being a classic case in point. Unfortunately, and particularly in this case, they don't have a clue.

When will you all realise it’s not about the football or the division??? 

We’re all hurting because the club feels lost. The community feels lost. Get that back and it doesn’t matter what division we’re in. Look at Wimbledon. 

I wish people would stop stressing about League footballl. An concentrate on getting our identity back. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Do they charge to watch the youth team? (I don't think we have a ladies' team yet). 

As it would send a message to Marco if more people starting watching the youths than the first team, but it won't put any money into his pot by doing so. 

Going to watch away games only would be another option (I think Blackpool took that route), but if you pay in advance the club get a cut. 

I've renewed but I fully appreciate that others won't but still want to support the club without supporting the regime. So I thought I'd add a couple of suggestions (the away one has been discussed previously). 

There is a ladies team. If my memory serves right its come back under the club. Midnite who used to post on here helps out with it

9 hours ago, maddog said:

Why is he involved then? It sure as fuck isn’t to have a successful football club. 

He’s dropped a bollock (or Corney sold him one) and, as Ste says, it’s now ego. 

It’s been touched on a bit but there is also a cultural & family element to it all now I’m told. Not losing face and similar shit I believe. 

He wont give up on his (and his big brothers) way being the right way but they won’t accept any help or advice. 

His stubbornness might result in him getting it right in the end through sheer force of will but it looks more likely it’ll result in more, & even bigger, problems for us. 

I’m torn as to what to do or not do about it 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

We’re all hurting because the club feels lost. The community feels lost. Get that back and it doesn’t matter what division we’re in. Look at Wimbledon. 

I wish people would stop stressing about League footballl. An concentrate on getting our identity back. 

What do you mean? 

34 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He’s dropped a bollock (or Corney sold him one) and, as Ste says, it’s now ego. 

It’s been touched on a bit but there is also a cultural & family element to it all now I’m told. Not losing face and similar shit I believe. 

He wont give up on his (and his big brothers) way being the right way but they won’t accept any help or advice. 

His stubbornness might result in him getting it right in the end through sheer force of will but it looks more likely it’ll result in more, & even bigger, problems for us. 

I’m torn as to what to do or not do about it 🤷🏼‍♂️

That’s theoretical, you can’t know that for sure. 

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

I wish people would stop stressing about the club being lost and the community feeling lost.

If we start winning football matches in the highest division as possible then it brings the community together and the club will no longer be lost, but be very much on track...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I wish people would stop stressing about the club being lost and the community feeling lost.

If we start winning football matches in the highest division as possible then it brings the community together and the club will no longer be lost, but be very much on track...

This is true however this won't happen with the volatile culture that surrounds the football club and one that the owner is responsible for.

On the subject of what to do I'm abit torn. Giving up my season ticket is literally going to be like giving up a way of life as I have had one every season for the last 28 years with the exception of 1 year where I wasn't living in the country. Ive seen 3 relegations and no promotions. Despite that I've pretty much been an automatic renewer.  It's an absolute last resort to give this up. As a result I will probably limp in with a season ticket like others will.

While I don't expect it to work as I don't think the owner gives a shit about anyone or anything. I'd rather we try the dialogue route first, then followed by the shout it out loud in the stands approach. if that doesn't work, and if all other options are exhausted boycotting all together. But that is an absolute last resort.

Edited by GlossopLatic

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This is true however this won't happen with the volatile culture that surrounds the football club and one that the owner is responsible for.

I agree, but this "we can rebuild the club when the owner's gone and is playing on Clayton Fields" attitude is an absolute fallacy.

If the last 25 years has taught us nothing else it's that's this club is, for whatever reason, incapable of bouncing back after a relegation.

Relegation out of the league is not something we should be entertaining the idea of at all and should, in my opinion, be avoided at all costs.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I agree, but this "we can rebuild the club when the owner's gone and is playing on Clayton Fields" attitude is an absolute fallacy.

If the last 25 years has taught us nothing else it's that's this club is, for whatever reason, incapable of bouncing back after a relegation.

Relegation out of the league is not something we should be entertaining the idea of at all and should, in my opinion, be avoided at all costs.

I agree and it should be a scenario we should try everything to avoid.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

😂

We’re good at winning football matches aren’t we? 

The crowds are flocking down to watch us finish as high as possible.  

Season tickets are on the up, because all people care about is watching french 4th division players. 

We sack managers in our thirst for promotion. 

Fuck the bills, the staff, as long as we win. . . . 

Yeah. It’s all about the football. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

That’s theoretical, you can’t know that for sure. 

When you've worked or done business  in the Arab world you get a feel for just how important saving face is in that culture. It really is extremely important to them.