On 3/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, Clifford said:

Financial protest can be the only thing that will affect AL. We aren't high profile enough to get media pressure. If he's a few grand down a week he'll feel that. Why would he stay? 

There is one chance of getting high profile and that is if Scholes goes public. I hope he will but that's his call. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

Fans meet being arranged for 1st april. Details to be confirmed in the next day or so. That is where we pool ideas and agree a common course of action, whatever that may be. We need to act together to have an effective voice. 

Nothing will happen Andy. The club is sleep-walking into oblivion. 

Should be looking into the creation of a phoenix club. 

Has anyone come up with an idea how to get the message across before out next match? I can't see the Tranmere game being shoehorned in on 26th March as the internationals will still interfere so, as far as I can see, it will have to be either 2nd or 16th April. The latter would mean we play Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Saturday. 

That all points to our next game really being 30th March, which gives AL far too much time to rest on his laurels. Is it possibly to flood the club with emails expressing exactly our individual plans for the rest of this season and next? A protest march is still not a bad idea, even to an uninhabited BP to leave scarves, banners, flags or whatever provided the press and papers are alerted first, of course.

Just ideas, but would they work?

• Like 1

Boycott next home game to the extent we get a record low crowd. This needs to be a concerted, massively publicised effort. As shit as it is I don't want to miss a game, & moreso I don't want my lad to while he's so into it, but there's a bigger picture...

Those who have already renewed season tickets to ask for refunds.

Those of us who haven't to not renew. Do we contact the club by letter or email and inform them that we won't be renewing and explain why?

Does he have any other business interests as far as anyone knows? 

As much as he seems to not have a clue what he's doing and, therefore, as much as it would be best if he went - it took Corney all those years to find a buyer so we have to assume AL won't be able to sell quickly either so should we be making specific, reasonable demands of him (probably via the Trust) that would make us happy to renew/attend? eg, the appointment of an experienced football Chief Exec to run the club properly? 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

1. Boycott next home game 

2. Those who have already renewed season tickets to ask for refunds.

3. Those of us who haven't to not renew. 

4. The appointment of an experienced football Chief Exec 

Four interesting suggestions. My thoughts:

1. The next home home game is just under two weeks away. A lot of time for fans to organise a coordinated protest or to cool down? As a fan I disagree with the idea of a Boycott and will be at the game. I would support a coordinated protest at the game.

2. I have not renewed yet so not applicable to me.It's a personal choice and I can understand that many will seek a refund.

3. Tricky one this as I fully intend to renew and the deadline to guarantee my same seat is the day before the next home game. 

4. An experienced Chief Executive will not come cheap if indeed one could be found. 

Important two two weeks ahead of us. 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Defo contact the club to express why you will not be renewing.

Absolutely. I think that would be a good start and is the best way to kickstart the protest!

IMO We need to bombard OAFC with emails expressing our displeasure at the way the club is being run and why we are not renewing/boycotting games etc....It needs to be coordinated, and the emails need to go to the right person.

Perhaps underdog from the trust could advise the correct channel/email contact for maximum impact?

Al would then have 7/10 days to respond. If he fails to acknowledge our concerns we could then take action at the next home game and especially at the live game against Mansfield.

Edited by oafc1955

A list of adresses on here would help. The SLO (if we have one) somebody at the EFL, the ticket office (sorry Billy) and to a lesser extent, because he probably won’t read/digest it, the Owner.

I’ll do mine when l DM Mike Keegan to apologise to him.

Edited by Monty Burns

TBH I don't have a contact at the club....Billy who posts on here maybe? or maybe he can help give the correct channel.

Think I remember WiseOwl posted somewhere on the season ticket thread that he may have emailed the owner direct last Weds? maybe he can help. If not him apologies 

No resolution on the SLO volunteer vacancy the last I heard.

Edited by underdog
Possible Wiseowl has club contact info

13 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Boycott next home game to the extent we get a record low crowd. This needs to be a concerted, massively publicised effort. As shit as it is I don't want to miss a game, & moreso I don't want my lad to while he's so into it, but there's a bigger picture...

Those of us who haven't to not renew. Do we contact the club by letter or email and inform them that we won't be renewing and explain why?

As much as he seems to not have a clue what he's doing and, therefore, as much as it would be best if he went - it took Corney all those years to find a buyer so we have to assume AL won't be able to sell quickly either so should we be making specific, reasonable demands of him (probably via the Trust) that would make us happy to renew/attend? eg, the appointment of an experienced football Chief Exec to run the club properly? 

Ref any other business interests.

I don't think so in the UK. Compaines house has a company registered as the main holder of the clubs shares. Address I think is outside UK and in UAE?

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I think old school letters would have more impact than an email that be easily ignored or deleted. 

Yes i I realise he can bin letters unopened but hundreds of them landing might get his attention more 

Hes not worth the cost of a fucking stamp!!!

28 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Plus you can still see the game in the pub 

Also people could protest outside the stadium before the match Sky would no doubt send a reporter down to get the fans views as it would be an obvious story and still get to see the match on tv.

Edited by GlossopLatic

14 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Not denigrating the need for a CEO, we clearly do need even a half decent one, but won't the Meddler interfere and stop him doing his job too?