Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, deyres42 said:

A near empty stadium would be a far more powerful message.

 

Never works cos you can’t mobilise enough people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, Clifford said:

Financial protest can be the only thing that will affect AL. We aren't high profile enough to get media pressure. If he's a few grand down a week he'll feel that. Why would he stay? 

There is one chance of getting high profile and that is if Scholes goes public. I hope he will but that's his call. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans meet being arranged for 1st april. Details to be confirmed in the next day or so. That is where we pool ideas and agree a common course of action, whatever that may be. We need to act together to have an effective voice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andy b said:

Fans meet being arranged for 1st april. Details to be confirmed in the next day or so. That is where we pool ideas and agree a common course of action, whatever that may be. We need to act together to have an effective voice. 

Nothing will happen Andy. The club is sleep-walking into oblivion. 

Should be looking into the creation of a phoenix club. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, singe said:

They'd go nicely with the Pennywise cardboard clown face masks lower down that page at £3.50 each!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone come up with an idea how to get the message across before out next match? I can't see the Tranmere game being shoehorned in on 26th March as the internationals will still interfere so, as far as I can see, it will have to be either 2nd or 16th April. The latter would mean we play Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Saturday. 

 

That all points to our next game really being 30th March, which gives AL far too much time to rest on his laurels. Is it possibly to flood the club with emails expressing exactly our individual plans for the rest of this season and next? A protest march is still not a bad idea, even to an uninhabited BP to leave scarves, banners, flags or whatever provided the press and papers are alerted first, of course.

 

Just ideas, but would they work?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boycott next home game to the extent we get a record low crowd. This needs to be a concerted, massively publicised effort. As shit as it is I don't want to miss a game, & moreso I don't want my lad to while he's so into it, but there's a bigger picture...

 

Those who have already renewed season tickets to ask for refunds.

Those of us who haven't to not renew. Do we contact the club by letter or email and inform them that we won't be renewing and explain why?

 

Does he have any other business interests as far as anyone knows? 

 

As much as he seems to not have a clue what he's doing and, therefore, as much as it would be best if he went - it took Corney all those years to find a buyer so we have to assume AL won't be able to sell quickly either so should we be making specific, reasonable demands of him (probably via the Trust) that would make us happy to renew/attend? eg, the appointment of an experienced football Chief Exec to run the club properly? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

1. Boycott next home game 

 

2. Those who have already renewed season tickets to ask for refunds.

 

3. Those of us who haven't to not renew. 

 

4. The appointment of an experienced football Chief Exec 

 

Four interesting suggestions. My thoughts:

 

1. The next home home game is just under two weeks away. A lot of time for fans to organise a coordinated protest or to cool down? As a fan I disagree with the idea of a Boycott and will be at the game. I would support a coordinated protest at the game.

 

2. I have not renewed yet so not applicable to me.It's a personal choice and I can understand that many will seek a refund.

 

3. Tricky one this as I fully intend to renew and the deadline to guarantee my same seat is the day before the next home game. 

 

4. An experienced Chief Executive will not come cheap if indeed one could be found. 

 

Important two two weeks ahead of us. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Defo contact the club to express why you will not be renewing.

 

Absolutely. I think that would be a good start and is the best way to kickstart the protest!

IMO We need to bombard OAFC with emails expressing our displeasure at the way the club is being run and why we are not renewing/boycotting games etc....It needs to be coordinated, and the emails need to go to the right person.

 

Perhaps underdog from the trust could advise the correct channel/email contact for maximum impact?

 

Al would then have 7/10 days to respond. If he fails to acknowledge our concerns we could then take action at the next home game and especially at the live game against Mansfield.

Edited by oafc1955

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

the emails need to go to the right person.

Who's that? 

Can only be Lemsagam. 

 

Maybe bombard the EFL's compliance department instead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A list of adresses on here would help. The SLO (if we have one) somebody at the EFL, the ticket office (sorry Billy) and to a lesser extent, because he probably won’t read/digest it, the Owner.

I’ll do mine when l DM Mike Keegan to apologise to him.

Edited by Monty Burns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I don't have a contact at the club....Billy who posts on here maybe? or maybe he can help give the correct channel.

 

Think I remember WiseOwl posted somewhere on the season ticket thread that he may have emailed the owner direct last Weds? maybe he can help. If not him apologies 

 

No resolution on the SLO volunteer vacancy the last I heard.

 

 

Edited by underdog
Possible Wiseowl has club contact info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think old school letters would have more impact than an email that be easily ignored or deleted. 

 

Yes i I realise he can bin letters unopened but hundreds of them landing might get his attention more 

Edited by HarryBosch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Boycott next home game to the extent we get a record low crowd. This needs to be a concerted, massively publicised effort. As shit as it is I don't want to miss a game, & moreso I don't want my lad to while he's so into it, but there's a bigger picture...

 

Those who have already renewed season tickets to ask for refunds.

Those of us who haven't to not renew. Do we contact the club by letter or email and inform them that we won't be renewing and explain why?

 

Does he have any other business interests as far as anyone knows? 

 

As much as he seems to not have a clue what he's doing and, therefore, as much as it would be best if he went - it took Corney all those years to find a buyer so we have to assume AL won't be able to sell quickly either so should we be making specific, reasonable demands of him (probably via the Trust) that would make us happy to renew/attend? eg, the appointment of an experienced football Chief Exec to run the club properly? 

Ref any other business interests.

 

I don't think so in the UK. Compaines house has a company registered as the main holder of the clubs shares. Address I think is outside UK and in UAE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I think old school letters would have more impact than an email that be easily ignored or deleted. 

 

Yes i I realise he can bin letters unopened but hundreds of them landing might get his attention more 

 

Hes not worth the cost of a fucking stamp!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely the game to boycott, if any, is the Mansfield TV match, even Sky wouldn’t be able to ignore the fact that the crowd only consisted of 500 Mansfield fans!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ritchierich said:

Plus you can still see the game in the pub 

Now that is a good point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AL always ends his communications with the ref to "We need your support." the only way to get him out quickly is not to fuel his need for £.

 

That in simple terms means not going at all no matter how much you want to.  DONT GO. for quickest resolution. When no showers etc Gas cut off its beyond the football. Blitz and Co will also have to grasp the money they spent is gone. Uncle Simon and gang did us no favours as a club I no longer recognise as the one I supported home and away.

 

We got beat we got hammered we won... but always could smile now its a farce.  The club don't deserve the support. Unless you have a season ticket already paid  for paying into this shambles feels wrong. He wont care about tennis balls, or anything other than cash. His ego appears at odds with the ownership of OAFC. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

That in simple terms means not going at all no matter how much you want to.  DONT GO. 

I'll still be going

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Plus you can still see the game in the pub 

 

Also people could protest outside the stadium before the match Sky would no doubt send a reporter down to get the fans views as it would be an obvious story and still get to see the match on tv.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...