46 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He said he had done this in the Sky interview if I remember correctly, but Simon Blitz may confirm that for you if the Trust are in contact with him. He may also qualify why they are negotiating, or have accepted the bid from the fans group and not AL's. The reason could be because AL's offers were so low that they were totally unacceptable, or that they don't trust him.

Or both....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Haven't I read somewhere that he has said he has made several bids to the landlord for the land but its rejected.

So wouldn't he have the money anyways to keep the club going regardless of whatever financial penalties us fans try?

Glad the trust know what's happening...

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Glad the trust know what's happening...

We have requested meetings since December with the owner for an update/review of his first 12 months and future business plan.

He has not been available.

I will leave that there but glad is not the word I would use

There are two things that will get to him:

1) The money coming in drying up - whether that's fans not renewing/attending, or sponsors pulling out - something I believe is already happening

2) Public embarrassment - we've seen this already with the reactions to the Daily Mail articles, and the response to the Trust setting up a fan's meeting

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

There are two things that will get to him:

1) The money coming in drying up - whether that's fans not renewing/attending, or sponsors pulling out - something I believe is already happening

2) Public embarrassment - we've seen this already with the reactions to the Daily Mail articles, and the response to the Trust setting up a fan's meeting

The letter is almost there if not completed with questions gathered from Saturday.

Andy B has worked tirelessly on it to get the right tone and cover all the requirements. With a list of questions from Saturday's meeting and timescales. He is on draft 4 of it as we keep giving him feedback.....Bless and he has a full time job as well.

As soon as its ready, I am sure Andy B will be back on here with an update

13 minutes ago, underdog said:

Andy B has worked tirelessly on it to get the right tone and cover all the requirements. With a list of questions from Saturday's meeting and timescales. He is on draft 4 of it as we keep giving him feedback.....Bless and he has a full time job as well.

I can maybe help AndyB out here with getting the right tone :

Dear Abdallah,

Fuck off, you big fucking liar.

Love The Trust xx

• Like 15

45 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I can maybe help AndyB out here with getting the right tone :

Dear Abdallah,

Fuck off, you big fucking liar.

Love The Trust xx

Ermmm...okay. some delicate undertones there but overall.

Subtle, short and sweet.

Just like you Mr Sinnott

Cheers

Honestly think having watched back the meeting on Saturday again that a crisis meeting should of been demanded with Abdallah within 48 hours, what's the point in dragging it out any longer given that he manages to organise and attend a 'fans' meeting he threw together in less than 24 hours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

The Trust are writing an open letter to the owner on behalf of us all..... and the owner's response to that, will dictate our next collective move.

Make sure you get the response, if any, in writing.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not going to happen is it, folk just too set in their ways or aren't bothered enough.

The Protest Group a few years ago who didn't seem to be able to quite explain what they were protesting against seemed to get a lot closer to an actual protest than anyone has this time....

• Like 3

Just now, HarryBosch said:

The Protest Group a few years ago who didn't seem to be able to quite explain what they were protesting against seemed to get a lot closer to an actual protest than anyone has this time....

Send a letter to Lemmy, that'll show him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

13 days since this thread entitled "Protest" was started - what's the plan then?? 

All a bit lacking urgency and coordination really. Still not sure if I’m supposed to protest on Saturday inside or outside the ground. Or not go.

7 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

13 days since this thread entitled "Protest" was started - what's the plan then?? 

I suspect a few will be doing similar to myself and not going till the chancers gone or at the very least comes out and address the issues that surround his running of the club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddog said:

All a bit lacking urgency and coordination really. Still not sure if I’m supposed to protest on Saturday inside or outside the ground. Or not go.

Just do what your heart tells you to do, I'm giving the whole thing a miss, I can't justify going until there is a noticeable change of direction in which the club is heading. 

• Like 1

No one cares enough sadly. People will realise soon enough but it will be too late.

People on here defended Corney to the hills and those that spoke against him such as myself were berated.

Me and a few others were given countless abuse at the start of the season as well  when we suggested that this season will be a disaster due to the owner.

When will fans realise that things with this owner aren’t going to get better, the worst thing you can do is just to continue to go and expect it to sort itself out, because it’s not your problem. Well it is, make a stand for fucking once and give this owner the two fingers. 

I wont be going again until he’s gonna and i’m struggling to understand why anyone else would want to as well. Sentiment has to be put aside.

We need to act fast, and have one banner to stand under rather than create several small groups unsure as to what their aims actually are which is what is happening at the moment with several facebook groups propping up with.

The responsibility of getting the fans voice heard lies with the Trust. They are our outlet and whilst a letter may be a start, it’s only a very small one and I’m struggling to see what much it can achieve with Abdallah rejecting all previous invitations from members of the trust asking him to come and speak with them.

The only way he is going to be forced out is if he can no longer afford it, and as far as i’m aware via posts on here and elsewhere, he doesn’t have much left. So therefore I won’t spend any further money with the club until he is gone, and I’d suggest others do the same. 

• Like 1

Hang on, hang on. There was a meeting last Satdi - that I watched an hour of via the live stream - where I believe the outcome was to write a firmly worded open letter to the owner, from the Trust, on behalf of us all. We will await his response before taking further action, which could take the form of protest. In the meantime if individuals choose not to attend / not to renew their season tickets that’s their choice. In short, the immediate reaction protest arranged for the postponed Tranmere game, is in itself postponed until said letter has been sent and a response or otherwise received?

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Hang on, hang on. There was a meeting last Satdi - that I watched an hour of via the live stream - where I believe the outcome was to write a firmly worded open letter to the owner, from the Trust, on behalf of us all. We will await his response before taking further action, which could take the form of protest. In the meantime if individuals choose not to attend / not to renew their season tickets that’s their choice. In short, the immediate reaction protest arranged for the postponed Tranmere game, is in itself postponed until said letter has been sent and a response or otherwise received?

Why hasn’t this letter been sent?