35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bit of a joke really, best part of a weeks passed us by, it's no wonder the fool doesn't take the trust seriously. 

21 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I like when we agree. 

It’s a bit harsh, they are unpaid volunteers that have day jobs.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Just because someone is a volunteer doesn't mean they're automatically doing well.

Anyone who gives up their time to help with something they believe in or something that helps others gets my respect.

Full respect to trust members for trying to do something but the organisation is impotent. It doesnt do anything worthwhile 

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

yes, yes we know ...... but this line gets trotted out far too regularly. If you can't dedicate the time, don't go on the Trust board - quite simple really.

I've done voluntary work for years and don't bleat on every two minutes that I have a day job as well. I make it clear what time I can dedicate - and get on with it. The charity concerned manages their volunteers' time - and it runs like a well oiled machine - does somebody manage Trust volunteers' time or is it done on the back of a fag packet?

Momentum has certainly been lost - as an observer, it does seem to take forever for the Trust to make decisions and take decisive action. Being consensual is fine - but not all the time - someone make a decision and let's have a meaningful protest please - these are extraordinary times.

At the risk of sounding boring (because I`ve said it umpteen times) until it severs its umbilical chord to the club (via its much vaunted 3% shareholding) it will remain impotent.

Just out of interest, can someone from the Trust tell me :-

1) How much did the purchase of the 3% shares cost?

2) How much could they be sold for now?

P.S. I think I`m entitled to know as I did stand for hours with a bucket at Eastlands (City v Arsenal) and engaged with lots of City fans, to the extent that I couldn't carry my bucket because they had donated so much. Think it was around 12k in total that day - which is why I never slag City fans off - well not too much anyway 😉

I can’t take issue with much of the last 2 posts above.... other than the 3% shouldn’t in theory make the Trust impotent. It should be the vehicle that secures the Trust is entitled to have the ear of the owner. Sadly this owner and the last, patently don’t/haven’t seen it that way.

25 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

ent.

Based only on memory and common sense c. £250k and the square root of bugger all,.

The bulk of the £250k was from the legends' game which remarkably and with great thanks to big Gordon was organised largely by the club but in a way that kept the money out of the clutches of the administrator.  In reality it was more of a donation than a share purchase.

• Like 1

There are processes to be followed in getting a communication of this type

out. 

We agreed a course of action and the trust would be shot down if the letter didn’t hit the right notes or left us exposed in some way due to being rushed through.

These messages were posted on Wednesday following a meeting on the previous Saturday. Hardly a long time has passed.  Yes it needs to go ASAP but please be patient.

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

yes, yes we know ...... but this line gets trotted out far too regularly. If you can't dedicate the time, don't go on the Trust board - quite simple really.

I've done voluntary work for years and don't bleat on every two minutes that I have a day job as well. I make it clear what time I can dedicate - and get on with it. The charity concerned manages their volunteers' time - and it runs like a well oiled machine - does somebody manage Trust volunteers' time or is it done on the back of a fag packet?

Momentum has certainly been lost - as an observer, it does seem to take forever for the Trust to make decisions and take decisive action. Being consensual is fine - but not all the time - someone make a decision and let's have a meaningful protest please - these are extraordinary times.

At the risk of sounding boring (because I`ve said it umpteen times) until it severs its umbilical chord to the club (via its much vaunted 3% shareholding) it will remain impotent.

P.S. I think I`m entitled to know as I did stand for hours with a bucket at Eastlands (City v Arsenal) and engaged with lots of City fans, to the extent that I couldn't carry my bucket because they had donated so much. Think it was around 12k in total that day - which is why I never slag City fans off - well not too much anyway 😉

None of us have enough time wiseowl.

Would you care to offer a solution to that?

In terms of shares, they were purchased at a cost of £200,000.

In terms of current value, I am not an accountant so I don’t know how share valuation works (Whether their value is recorded in the trusts accounts etc). Happy to try and get an answer for you. 

Thanks 

13 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Hang on, hang on. There was a meeting last Satdi - that I watched an hour of via the live stream - where I believe the outcome was to write a firmly worded open letter to the owner, from the Trust, on behalf of us all. We will await his response before taking further action, which could take the form of protest. In the meantime if individuals choose not to attend / not to renew their season tickets that’s their choice. In short, the immediate reaction protest arranged for the postponed Tranmere game, is in itself postponed until said letter has been sent and a response or otherwise received?

Hi Andy

I think its confusing as there has been lots of cross over in the last few weeks. I will try and unravel it from my point of view

1) Facebook protest "stand up for latics". Planned for Tranmere match that was postponed. I believe one of the organisers was at last Saturdays fans meeting and I have not seen anything arranged for this week. so I will presume (and I could be wrong) but that group might now be waiting the outcome from the Trust/fan letter.

2) Fan meeting at OEC last saturday 23rd March.  Arranged to let fans vent frustration and too see what a concensus of fans want and how together we can do this. Concensus was that the fans wanted to try the dialogue route with the owner and we are on target to deliver that letter/request.

2) Facebook protest "Abdallah out". planned for this Saturday 30th Grimsby match.. THIS IS NOT TRUST ENDORSED and I have only seen this this week myself.

As fans we are diverse and diverse in how we want our feelings known. I don't believe anyone should be judge on how/what they want to do (well accept violence, intimidation ect).

We are starved of good news for our club. We are more newsworthy off the pitch than on it.

Cheers

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Plan is recorded delivery and hand delivered. with other back up options

You asking a local newspaper to publish it as an open letter?  Can’t really deny receiving something that is in the public domain. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

You asking a local newspaper to publish it as an open letter?  Can’t really deny receiving something that is in the public domain. 

Or newspapers...! And a renowned national newspaper journalist too...

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Can see that getting hours of coverage with the audience being gripped...

Act your age rather than your shoe size......some news is better than no news.