Trust statement re Paul Scholes departure

10 minutes ago, Andy b said:

There is a substantial move in that direction. I have been pushing for a degree of independence to relieve the trust of its otherwise conflicted position. There has been significant progress on that front in the last few hours with the PS situation being the event needed to trigger this change. 

You can expext to see a less constrainted and more vocal trust as a result.

When did we ever see a vocal trust? Never. Always a statement about having a discussion then nothing. Plenty of nudge nudge wink wink that the trust know something bad under SC but since AL came in, nothing. If the trust have no idea what I going on, why should anyone trust the trust to do anything beneficial?

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

When did we ever see a vocal trust? Never. Always a statement about having a discussion then nothing. Plenty of nudge nudge wink wink that the trust know something bad under SC but since AL came in, nothing. If the trust have no idea what I going on, why should anyone trust the trust to do anything beneficial?

My reference to a vocal trust is future tense 

14 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Were the trust not asked to intervene by Scholes over the coach travel to Bury...?

Apologies for lateness of response as I went out last night and turned my phone of....needed some downtime and all

Hand on heart paddy...no i don't believe so...but I am happy for another Trust director to correct me otherwise

From memory a Trust Director raised in on Thursday night that there could be a transport issue. The Trust Rep went into the club on the Friday morning to discuss it in person and was told it was resolved.

We were asked how this information had reached us, which we decline to say and TBH not even I knew who the source was. We did think molehunt?

Edited by underdog

My thanks to Andy for taking up the mantle last night/this am for taking the baton to be on hand to answer questions. I went out, had a few like you do and just got back before cinderella time.

All your comments are appreciated as we now have momentum/fan pressure to ramp it up beyond the next step we had planned. If the owner does not listen to his customers and another shareholder/board rep of the business etc...

I remember the EFL looking into how owners could be held more into account over their behaviours. Andy has kindly volunteered to be the contact for supporters direct who have experience with other clubs on action as well as legal resources we can tap into.

We will keep you all advised......now i need some brekkie.

I believe match is off

I’ve looked at the Trust website and can’t find the directors or who’s representing us.

Do we have anyone who has knowledge of football-related regulations, EFL processes and acquisition / registration of players.

Isn’t the stadium purchase being driven by a Trust director who’s background is trust funds, finances etc?  Can we not get them onto the acquisition of the club as well as stadium/land?

Even get Scholes involved or open doors to his contacts who could have the knowledge or financial clout to address this current nightmare.  If he’s as big a fan as he stated in his farewell statement then hopefully he can help and return back as manager once this clown has gone.

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I’ve looked at the Trust website and can’t find the directors or who’s representing us.

Do we have anyone who has knowledge of football-related regulations, EFL processes and acquisition / registration of players.

Isn’t the stadium purchase being driven by a Trust director who’s background is trust funds, finances etc?  Can we not get them onto the acquisition of the club as well as stadium/land?

Even get Scholes involved or open doors to his contacts who could have the knowledge or financial clout to address this current nightmare.  If he’s as big a fan as he stated in his farewell statement then hopefully he can help and return back as manager once this clown has gone.

That's the thing, as a fan who supposedly cares for this club he has been in the position to witness why the club wasn't being run as it should. He needs to put some meat on the bones before scurrying off back to Utd 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Good post, like your more detailed one on the other forum.

Scholes must be absolutely fuming - yes of course he doesn't need the money etc, but he doesn't need the hassle and reputational risk that dealing with AL clearly brought. Absolutely no blame attaches to him for walking away.

Your last para above must be worth following up - surely he as much as anyone would want to see regime change, whether or not he comes back as manager one day. The Trust needs to work every possible contact and avenue to get AL out of our club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Good post, like your more detailed one on the other forum.

Scholes must be absolutely fuming - yes of course he doesn't need the money etc, but he doesn't need the hassle and reputational risk that dealing with AL clearly brought. Absolutely no blame attaches to him for walking away.

Your last para above must be worth following up - surely he as much as anyone would want to see regime change, whether or not he comes back as manager one day. The Trust needs to work every possible contact and avenue to get AL out of our club.

This will prove how bothered he really is. I think it's essential he explains in greater detail the issues he experienced, and not in some shit podcast two years down the line. 

9 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Hello Midsblue

The site is in the process of being updated.There are 12 Trust directors who are volunteers, 2 have only recently come on board in the last 2 months.

Only 1 is the nominated person who is the Trust rep on the board of OAFC. They have the entitlement to and legal responsibility for the business that is OAFC. It is also written in the club's articles of association.

Our remit does not include the process of EFl/registration of players. We would expect the club to employ people  with that knowledge and understanding to do this. We would expect the EFL/PFA or any other organisation to monitor this and have the confidence in it. It would also be personnel information that 11 of us would not be entitled to know as we are not the employer.

Fan led buyout. The Trust were asked to sign a Non-Disclosure order. As you can appreciate negotiations are sensitive. So I am unable to comment any further on this one

We have a unique situation with regards to Boundary park. We have a landlord (brassbank LTD) and a tennant (OAFC LTD).  We are not a whole package of land and club. Either could decide to change the dynamic at any time and one has...brassbank

Hope this helps

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Hello Midsblue

The site is in the process of being updated.There are 12 Trust directors who are volunteers, 2 have only recently come on board in the last 2 months.

Only 1 is the nominated person who is the Trust rep on the board of OAFC. They have the entitlement to and legal responsibility for the business that is OAFC. It is also written in the club's articles of association.

Our remit does not include the process of EFl/registration of players. We would expect the club to employ people  with that knowledge and understanding to do this. We would expect the EFL/PFA or any other organisation to monitor this and have the confidence in it. It would also be personnel information that 11 of us would not be entitled to know as we are not the employer.

Fan led buyout. The Trust were asked to sign a Non-Disclosure order. As you can appreciate negotiations are sensitive. So I am unable to comment any further on this one

We have a unique situation with regards to Boundary park. We have a landlord (brassbank LTD) and a tennant (OAFC LTD).  We are not a whole package of land and club. Either could decide to change the dynamic at any time and one has...brassbank

Hope this helps

If there is a group with money to buy the ground why don't they try buying the club off AL instead? Or am I missing something 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hello Midsblue

Hope this helps

That always rings alarm bells with me, smacks of something unsavoury to hide from the public.

Who asked the Trust to sign a NDA?

Anyway, they aren't worth the paper they're written on these days judging from recent legal cases.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Can I ask have any of Lemsagams signings been vetted have we looked into what hes doing here is it fully legit?

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Honestly, I have no idea how the footballing side works with regards to employing  a player. However I am sure they have to be register etc with PFA maybe even EFL and FIFA regulations too. Happy to be corrected

With regards to legit can you expand please....do you mean his previous role as an agent? cheers

41 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well I've no evidence of any wrongdoing I don't want to make any libellous claims but the signings that have been made by Lemsagam have been at best bizarre. Im just wondering if it's all legit or it's just really poor recruitment on his part. He seems quite happy to piss his own money up the wall on rubbish footballers.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

You mean conflict of interest?

GlossopLatic - I think I understand what you are alluding to. My friendly advice is to drop it now on a forum like this. Exceedingly dangerous territory legal wise. Both for you, the site owners and anyone else who starts speculating. As fans, we should concentrate on what we can do best.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

So nothing he didn't already know, understand and other managers had previous with plus the football press regularly printing articles about the state of the club.

So he resigns by text from the club he has supported all his life and walks away.

Absolutely some blame lies with him for walking away.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

NDAs are pretty common practice. Nothing to be suspicious about at all.

to be honest and personally from me......I really don't want to be posting anything/saying anything that could potentially ruin this.

I couldn't live with the guilt, so I am glad its in place. I'd rather be gagged (not literally by the way) and let it take its course with the personnel with the correct/right skillset to drive it

I hope that make sense

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If there is a group with money to buy the ground why don't they try buying the club off AL instead? Or am I missing something 

Honestly, I don't know if they have approached the owner. 

Honestly, which of the two is more the attractive offer? Chicken or egg? which one would you put first? geninune question.

Timescales/availbility? As of this moment in time only one is up for sale....the Brassbank option.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Financially any decent business man would try and buy the ground before the club as this will keep the price of the ground down if they believe there is no interest in the football team. 

The way AL has bought us shows how naive he is. 

43 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

GlossopLatic - I think I understand what you are alluding to. My friendly advice is to drop it now on a forum like this. Exceedingly dangerous territory legal wise. Both for you, the site owners and anyone else who starts speculating. As fans, we should concentrate on what we can do best.

Fair enough mods delete as appropriate.

1 hour ago, trickyrickyholden said:

NDAs are pretty common practice. Nothing to be suspicious about at all.

Extremely common practice. Silly for anyone to say it’s suspicious. It would be odd if there wasn’t one where a potential deal is in the offing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Hello Midsblue

Hope this helps

Thanks Tracy.  

Re: fan-led buyout.  Totally understand the NDA and if the Trust Directors are inside this and working for the long-term security of our club then that’s sufficient for me.  No doubt all will become public to us Trust members in due course.  Hopefully this is secured soon as this will strengthen our position immensely.

Re: the club.  Securing land/stadium is priority but as we’d be talking to two different parties, can the two not be handled separately but at same time?  Can we not officially contact Lemsagam requesting an immediate meeting to understand recent events and answer immediate concerns we have?  Pose the question whether he’s open to selling the club.

If he refuses to meet or discuss then we switch to boycotting home matches.  Throwing stuff on the pitch will harm the club with fines  - boycotting will harm Lemsagam in his pocket.  We now have time to organise this and reach out to all home fans to boycott matches until Lemsagam comes to our table or sells.

Lastly I do need to question our remit in understanding the EFL decisions.  Any actions by them in allowing Lemsagam to buy our club and risk the future of our club should firmly be in our remit.  I won’t comment on how we acquire players and why but this should be within EFL’s remit and if any risk in the future if our club should then remain in our remit.