Trust statement re Paul Scholes departure

53 minutes ago, underdog said:

Honestly, I don't know if they have approached the owner. 

Honestly, which of the two is more the attractive offer? Chicken or egg? which one would you put first? geninune question.

Timescales/availbility? As of this moment in time only one is up for sale....the Brassbank option.

Considering you say there's good dialogue with owner of stadium yet the owner of the club is running it into the ground, surely owning the club first is the better option.

Otherwise you could be left with a very expensive ground and no team to play on

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

That always rings alarm bells with me, smacks of something unsavoury to hide from the public.

Who asked the Trust to sign a NDA?

Anyway, they aren't worth the paper they're written on these days judging from recent legal cases.

I think you may be confusing them with gagging orders

1 hour ago, underdog said:

We have a unique situation with regards to Boundary park. We have a landlord (brassbank LTD) and a tennant (OAFC LTD).  We are not a whole package of land and club. Either could decide to change the dynamic at any time and one has...brassbank

Hope this helps

It's not remotely unique.   West Ham for example.

From the perspective of potential buyers waiting for the club to go into Administration may be preferable. They will then be able to buy the club debt free. On the contrary it may lead to relegation. Its a balancing act and we may see potential purchasers sitting on the sidelines for a while to see how things work out.

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Considering you say there's good dialogue with owner of stadium yet the owner of the club is running it into the ground, surely owning the club first is the better option.

Otherwise you could be left with a very expensive ground and no team to play on

its not as easy  or clear cut at it seems is it, I am not being condescending its just how complex our situation is .....some have posted ground first.

Landlord and tennant are linked with regards to rental arrangements and agreements to maintain the ground.

3 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

From the perspective of potential buyers waiting for the club to go into Administration may be preferable. They will then be able to buy the club debt free. On the contrary it may lead to relegation. Its a balancing act and we may see potential purchasers sitting on the sidelines for a while to see how things work out.

True....think I have posted that SD helped with a club that happened to and the council stepped in. The council did not want to loose their football club so they negotiated with the liquidators to buy both land and club.

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

True....think I have posted that SD helped with a club that happened to and the council stepped in. The council did not want to loose their football club so they negotiated with the liquidators to buy both land and club.

Does Oldham council want to buy the club?

46 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Massive list that

Doesn’t have to be a massive list. One more than one makes it definitely not unique. To add 1 more - Coventry. City didn’t own their ground for a few years too. There will be others. 

Edit - City still don’t own the freehold. It’s 18 months old but this article shows it’a pretty common for the club to be separate from the stadium freehold and that’s just the Premier League. 

https://www.propertyweek.com/news-analysis/who-owns-premier-league-stadiums/5090883.article 

Edited by jorvik_latic
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Honestly I don't know, or if they have the resources even.

We have been in contact with them as part of the Trust reach out to business to strengthen our links/support networks/advice network. As you know though, they have been a little bit pre-occupied with regards to Brexit, green belt and up and coming local May elections.

They hold the ACV register and have been supportive of the club in different ways in the past

I was chatting to a local councillor the other day about greenbelt and the topic did switch to latics, so we are generating interests at least.

40 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Huddersfield Town was/is an exemplary example of an excellent local authority supporting its football club - financially as well as generally.

In fact, when you go to Huddersfield, even now in relatively tough times (oh I wish we were in the Premiership!) the whole town "feels" like it's behind its football club with posters, scarves on sale in the town centre shops, on display in pubs, publicity etc.

Contrast that to Oldham council/town and I think it's a very long shot indeed if you think there will be any significant involvement of our local authority going forward.

Oldham council has other agendas and Oldham's town centre pubs are generally half-empty with plastic Man U or Citeh "fans".

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Oldham council have got less money than the :clown: they have just had to take out a 7 year loan to buy some new dustbin wagons.

Edited by archiecat

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Oldham council have got less money that the :clown: they have just had to take out a 7 year loan to buy some new dustbin wagons.

They will need them for some of the rubbish seen at BP this season.

9 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Huddersfield Town was/is an exemplary example of an excellent local authority supporting its football club - financially as well as generally.

In fact, when you go to Huddersfield, even now in relatively tough times (oh I wish we were in the Premiership!) the whole town "feels" like it's behind its football club with posters, scarves on sale in the town centre shops, on display in pubs, publicity etc.

Contrast that to Oldham council/town and I think it's a very long shot indeed if you think there will be any significant involvement of our local authority going forward.

Oldham council has other agendas and Oldham's town centre pubs are generally half-empty with plastic Man U or Citeh "fans".

Didn't Halifax do the same?