Stand up for latics - protest on 16/03/19

Dear all

There are various talked about protests, all have valid points and until we can all muster together we have rallied to the 

"stand up for latics " one currently in play

More to follow   if I can work out the link to Trust Twitter page

image.png

Slight edit two more times

3.23 Scarves on pitch (to represent 23 staff who have left)

on 76th minute walk out, exit ground to front of North stand

Edited by underdog

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Rather than enter the stadium, wouldn’t 0 attendance be more damning and more visual to the media if the stands are completely empty?

Is not a bad shout, but we would be effect the clubs finances and its not something we want to do yet

1 minute ago, underdog said:

The door remains open, however we have concerns for several months with regards to "news" from the club

Do you mean concerns because there’s been no news or the news that you’ve heard from the club i.e. Craig Davies’ comments, Gerrard’s comments, Wood’s comments?

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Is not a bad shout, but we would be effect the clubs finances and its not something we want to do yet

Why?  It’s AL pockets it screws over and signals a clear message to this clown that we’ve had enough.  He’s that ignorant he’ll probably not even bother of scarves and STs are through on the pitch.

Does the Trust have any guarantees that he has funds to continue funding the club or pay wages?  ST holders have already paid so not turning up won’t affect the income but will give a very clear and visually powerful message.  The extra few hundred paying on the day wont impact the income long term if they chose not to attend.

the practicalities need thinking about though - I`m quite happy to throw my free scarf and this season's season ticket on the pitch - but I`m in the Main Stand and I`ll never be able to launch it past the paddock and onto the pitch - so won't the effect be rather lack lustre?

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

Why?  It’s AL pockets it screws over and signals a clear message to this clown that we’ve had enough.  He’s that ignorant he’ll probably not even bother of scarves and STs are through on the pitch.

Does the Trust have any guarantees that he has funds to continue funding the club or pay wages?  ST holders have already paid so not turning up won’t affect the income but will give a very clear and visually powerful message.  The extra few hundred paying on the day wont impact the income long term if they chose not to attend.

We have asked him for several months now to attend a Q&A session with regards to the Board, the plan, the finances, EFL obligation to hold 3 fans meeting a season. We are past slowly. slowly 

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Whilst there will clearly be some financial hit, I don't believe that there will be many people paying on the day so I can't see there being much of an impact financially.

The proposed protest won't be anything like as visible as empty stands.

Maybe Tranmere can outnumber us after all.

• Like 1

I would say not throwing things onto the pitch. Lets be honest it won't be AL that has to go clear everything away.

I don't think a 0 attendance would ever work, people may either not be aware or go regardless...

The affect that can be had when others witness a protest though is huge. Certainly a mass walk out during the second half.

And the possibility of a 'silent game' with no crowd noise, or supporters facing away from the pitch at kick off etc???

Does the trust have a relationship with the turnstile operators? If they were to join and strike it would have a very notable impact???

pile all your scarves hats flags season ticketbooks outside the main entrance after your mass walkout  make sure the media outlets know exactly what you are doing why you are doing it keep it non violent but make it loud 

Just now, underdog said:

We have asked him for several months now to attend a Q&A session with regards to the Board, the plan, the finances, EFL obligation to hold 3 fans meeting a season. We are past slowly. slowly 

Brassbanks frontman will not co-operate with anyone, his mission is to kill the club and then sell the land..

1 minute ago, peanuts said:

pile all your scarves hats flags season ticketbooks outside the main entrance after your mass walkout  make sure the media outlets know exactly what you are doing why you are doing it keep it non violent but make it loud 

It wont be too hard to get Mike Keegan to report on it

Underdog, the Trust risks seriously losing all credibility amongst fans if it doesn't take swift and decisive action after this latest calamity.

Please remember, it's not too long ago the Trust was reporting on what a decent fellow our new owner was in comparison to the previous one "a refreshing, open approach" etc.

I remember thinking at the time "Am I the only one who thinks? - hang about - this guy's just presided over our relegation to the 4th bloody division"

I kept quiet, thinking that people better positioned than me (e.g. the Trust) must be correct as they saw the day to day mechanics of the club. We`ve all witnessed the decline and we are now as bad as we have been since the days of applying for re-election to the league. We are far worse off than we were under the previous owner - certainly in terms of playing staff, league position etc.

I`ve stated my case on another thread so I won't keep repeating - but one last time - you have one chance here to retain credibibility amongst a lot of supporters - split off from this current regime ASAP and become an independent voice we can all unite behind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Brassbanks frontman will not co-operate with anyone, his mission is to kill the club and then sell the land..

Brassbank want to sell the  ground and land and no longer be our landlords in under 2yrs,

There is a proposal of a fans led buyout with the Trust to become the new landlord. If successful the Trust will be part of a group that will be the landlord and have board representation of the club.

A foot in both camps if we can do it

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Underdog, the Trust risks seriously losing all credibility amongst fans if it doesn't take swift and decisive action after this latest calamity.

Please remember, it's not too long ago the Trust was reporting on what a decent fellow our new owner was in comparison to the previous one "a refreshing, open approach" etc.

I remember thinking at the time "Am I the only one who thinks? - hang about - this guy's just presided over our relegation to the 4th bloody division"

I kept quiet, thinking that people better positioned than me (e.g. the Trust) must be correct as they saw the day to day mechanics of the club. We`ve all witnessed the decline and we are now as bad as we have been since the days of applying for re-election to the league. We are far worse off than we were under the previous owner - certainly in terms of playing staff, league position etc.

I`ve stated my case on another thread so I won't keep repeating - but one last time - you have one chance here to retain credibibility amongst a lot of supporters - split off from this current regime ASAP and become an independent voice we can all unite behind.

By backing a protest they are spitting ranks with the clown just because he lied to them months ago doesnt mean they lose credibility.

By backing a protest against the clown they are regaining credibility.

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

Totally agree, it has documented our efforts from November onwards. we let the previous owner get away with lots for the sake and reputation of the club

We were in agreement on last monday meeting to ramp up the pressure  and with regards to our representatives board level entitlement...but with the manager resigning today we have decided now is the time.

We have been speaking to Supporters Direct for awhile and I am sure we will be speaking to them again with more urgency

You can only give someone enough rope so to speak....

We have voted tonight, we will make the stand

Cheers

• Like 3