Stand up for latics - protest on 16/03/19

33 minutes ago, peanuts said:

pile all your scarves hats flags season ticketbooks outside the main entrance after your mass walkout  make sure the media outlets know exactly what you are doing why you are doing it keep it non violent but make it loud 

Now that for me is a good one, just the scarves! 

has anybody from the trust had any contact with the Blackpool protest groups for hints tips dos and donts also if we are going to boycott home games lets make our already excellent away following as large as possible so those on the field know they have our support 

Just now, peanuts said:

has anybody from the trust had any contact with the Blackpool protest groups for hints tips dos and donts also if we are going to boycott home games lets make our already excellent away following as large as possible so those on the field know they have our support 

They have been working with supporters direct and i am sure they will be keen to advise us

37 minutes ago, underdog said:

Brassbank want to sell the  ground and land and no longer be our landlords in under 2yrs,

There is a proposal of a fans led buyout with the Trust to become the new landlord. If successful the Trust will be part of a group that will be the landlord and have board representation of the club.

A foot in both camps if we can do it

So you are admitting that the buybout isn’t a knee jerk reaction to a alternative offer. Therefore this “fan led group” must have a backer with some finicial clout? Sorry if I put you in a difficult position, but before it was NEVER  said it was a fan lead offer....

30 minutes ago, underdog said:

Totally agree, it has documented our efforts from November onwards. we let the previous owner get away with lots for the sake and reputation of the club

We were in agreement on last monday meeting to ramp up the pressure  and with regards to our representatives board level entitlement...but with the manager resigning today we have decided now is the time.

We have been speaking to Supporters Direct for awhile and I am sure we will be speaking to them again with more urgency

You can only give someone enough rope so to speak....

We have voted tonight, we will make the stand

Cheers

Who is worse in your none trust related opinion corney or AL

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So you are admitting that the buybout isn’t a knee jerk reaction to a alternative offer. Therefore this “fan led group” must have a backer with some finicial clout? Sorry if I put you in a difficult position, but before it was NEVER  said it was a fan lead offer....

It was. 

I have no knowledge, but have a look who's has been co-opted to the Trust lately and what business they are in. 

22 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I am sure our statement said it was a fan-led group...anyways its a fan led initiative

https://trustoldham.co.uk/news-announcements/boundary-park-purchase/

we have signed a NDO

Brassbank want to sell...let see what happens next

Edited by underdog

59 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Underdog, the Trust risks seriously losing all credibility amongst fans if it doesn't take swift and decisive action after this latest calamity.

Please remember, it's not too long ago the Trust was reporting on what a decent fellow our new owner was in comparison to the previous one "a refreshing, open approach" etc.

I remember thinking at the time "Am I the only one who thinks? - hang about - this guy's just presided over our relegation to the 4th bloody division"

I kept quiet, thinking that people better positioned than me (e.g. the Trust) must be correct as they saw the day to day mechanics of the club. We`ve all witnessed the decline and we are now as bad as we have been since the days of applying for re-election to the league. We are far worse off than we were under the previous owner - certainly in terms of playing staff, league position etc.

I`ve stated my case on another thread so I won't keep repeating - but one last time - you have one chance here to retain credibibility amongst a lot of supporters - split off from this current regime ASAP and become an independent voice we can all unite behind.

Great post 

12 minutes ago, singe said:

It was. 

I have no knowledge, but have a look who's has been co-opted to the Trust lately and what business they are in. 

Jason Flynn is very much part of the Trust team. His knowledge will be extremley useful with negotiations...like i said when he came on board, sometimes in a game you need to have a bigger bat, or in our sport....a finisher with 3o plus goals hahah

Elaine Ganderton is of a similar skillset with regards to negotiations for Councils/contractors

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

The Trust weren't represented as such. Jack Dearden presented it.Fans called in ,the views expressed were very similar to what has been said on here. We all seem pretty shocked and speaking with one voice which is comforting to hear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p071ttwr

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

I am sure our statement said it was a fan-led group...anyways its a fan led initiative

we have signed a NDO

Brassbank want to sell...let see what happens next

Soooo if we have a “fan” led group capable of buying out yhe ground! Which is worth more than the club, why are we beating about the bush? Make a offer on everything and boot that charlatan out of our club! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Dear all

There are various talked about protests, all have valid points and until we can all muster together we have rallied to the 

"stand up for latics " one currently in play

More to follow   if I can work out the link to Trust Twitter page

image.png

Slight edit two more times

3.23 Scarves on pitch (to represent 23 staff who have left)

on 76th minute walk out, exit ground to front of North stand

Whilst I support the intent, scarves are pretty difficult things to throw any distance. Most will end up still in the stands. Tennis balls are definitely better! 

Just now, latics22 said:

Soooo if we have a “fan” led group capable of buying out yhe ground! Which is worth more than the club, why are we beating about the bush? Make a offer on everything and boot that charlatan out of our club! 

A very fair point and question. 

2 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Whilst I support the intent, scarves are pretty difficult things to throw any distance. Most will end up still in the stands. Tennis balls are definitely better! 

Tennis balls nbeen done before. 

Scarves wrapped round tennis balls.....