Stand up for latics - protest on 16/03/19

5 minutes ago, Clifford said:

You are almost as irrelevant as the trust you're on, I can view any opinion I like.

The trust has said nothing while good staff and people have been treated like shite. I then read a comment about having a "foot in both camps". AL thinks less of you than we do. Put some real words and actions into helping and protecting the fans or pipe down. 

Its time the trust and those associated cut all ties with AL and went public with the lot. Starve him of cash and he'll walk. He's no assets, remember, the trust sat back while Brassbank took all the clubs assets, still 3% eh.

But if you go public you might not have a foot in his camp....... I'm not sure you've even got fucking toe nail in his camp.

The Trust responded to my concerns many months ago about the way staff were treated by saying that they did not get involved in staff matters,this one seems to have wakened them up.Must be because PS is a celebrity

4 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Stand at the turnstiles and campaign supporters not to enter.  Surely even the most ardent fan would listen.  

Try to stop me getting in on saturday, i will bounce you down sheepfoot lane

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SAV said:

More like #jimmyfrizzstandatabout20to3becausemydaughterwantsapieandifthereisnobrownsaucethisweekitsgoingmassive

Didn't have any red sauce in main stand other week. They also only ordered 20 meat and potato for the whole game at the kiosk at the bottom next to chaddy. I'll lob brown sauce over if you chuck some red

I whole heartedly agree with a protest. I’m fed up of my club being run like a circus.

However, for a protest to be impactful, it requires for everyone to be on the same page.

With such short notice I think we should all get behind the Trust’s proposed plan for this Saturday. I completely get people not wanting to line the owners pockets and perhaps a full on boycott can be the next stage of action. However for this Saturday, we need everyone to be doing the same thing or it just won’t work. 10 people throwing a scarf onto the pitch will look rubbish. 1000 doing it will send a message. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, south east latic said:

I whole heartedly agree with a protest. I’m fed up of my club being run like a circus.

However, for a protest to be impactful, it requires for everyone to be on the same page.

With such short notice I think we should all get behind the Trust’s proposed plan for this Saturday. I completely get people not wanting to line the owners pockets and perhaps a full on boycott can be the next stage of action. However for this Saturday, we need everyone to be doing the same thing or it just won’t work. 10 people throwing a scarf onto the pitch will look rubbish. 1000 doing it will send a message. 

I dont think the throwing of scarves onto the pitch is a good idea personally but a walk out on 76 minutes from those that do want to attend (we will be 3 down by then anyway) will be simple and effective. 

• Like 1

I was proposing singing;

Fit & Proper,

Fit & Proper,

Fit & Proper, No you’re not

Fit & Proper, No you’re not

....or words to that effect earlier in the season when he sacked; Rhodes; Bunn; Someone....

....as part of an ongoing protest, I think he should hear our displeasure vocalised.

I thinks the actions of Lemsagam last night proved, without any shadow of doubt,

Lemsagam shows little but contempt for the Trust.

He’s quick to issue a statement to Sky off the back of Scholes’ statement behind why he walked but nothing issued to the Trust or the fans.

Unfortunately I cannot see how throwing scarves onto a pitch and walking out after 76 minutes will have the desired effect.  People attending will buy pies etc and it’s money into Lemsagam’s pocket.  Nobody attending and 0 attendance will gain much more media coverage and hurt the clown more.

Smoke him out; nobody buy season tickets, get your money back if you’ve already bought a ST, don’t attend another match until he’s gone.  Yes it will hit the club in the pocket, forcing him to fund wages himself (or not pay again) and could well lead to administration.  If the Trust buys the ground then Lemsagam will have no choice but to sell the club or someone then acquires after administration.  I’d rather spend another season in L2 with a points deduction than have this cancer at the helm.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

I thinks the actions of Lemsagam last night proved, without any shadow of doubt,

He’s quick to issue a statement to Sky off the back of Scholes’ statement behind why he walked but nothing issued to the Trust or the fans.

Unfortunately I cannot see how throwing scarves onto a pitch and walking out after 76 minutes will have the desired effect.  People attending will buy pies etc and it’s money into Lemsagam’s pocket.  Nobody attending and 0 attendance will gain much more media coverage and hurt the clown more.

Smoke him out; nobody buy season tickets, get your money back if you’ve already bought a ST, don’t attend another match until he’s gone.  Yes it will hit the club in the pocket, forcing him to fund wages himself (or not pay again) and could well lead to administration.  If the Trust buys the ground then Lemsagam will have no choice but to sell the club or someone then acquires after administration.  I’d rather spend another season in L2 with a points deduction than have this cancer at the helm.

Who wants to buy it though ? Honestly , nobody does ! 

14 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I think you have to remember we have more than 1 opportunity to vent our feelings to the owner.

The first step I believe should be a walkout we should then follow this up with a 0 attendance at a game we can show him our displeasure in more than one way.

18 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Who wants to buy it though ? Honestly , nobody does ! 

If it enters administration then its a more viable purchase than current position

Do you honestly think this clown bought it for £4 million and has been pumping in £200k a month to pay bills when the gas has been cut off, buses can’t be funded for away games and players have to wash their own kit?

If we cut off any income to this bloke then he’ll have no choice but to enter administration.  He’s obviously potless.  Yes we’ll have a points deduction but someone would purchase the club and fund the debts if they’re at a %.  Not fussed if all players released and we start afresh.

Biggest positive is if the fan-led consortium buys the ground and land.  Fans will then have the power as the asset value of the club is minimal.   Surely if we can muster the purchase of the land then the club is less value to purchase and the reason why we’re buying the land and stadium?

Edited by Midsblue

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think you have to remember we have more than 1 opportunity to vent our feelings to the owner.

The first step I believe should be a walkout we should then follow this up with a 0 attendance at a game we can show him our displeasure in more than one way.

22 Apr 2019 Oldham v Mansfield live Sky TV coverage of course..

• Like 1

I spoke to a friend of mine last night - he happens to be a Tottenham fan who attended our FA Cup game at Craven Cottage in Jan. When I said to him I fear we will go the way of the following liquidated/dissolved football clubs;

- Newport County, 1989

- Maidstone United, 1992

- Aldershot Town 1992

- Halifax Town 2002

- Darlington 2003

- Chester City 2009

- Scarborough 2010

- Rushden & Diamonds 2011

- Hereford United 2014

...he said to me, "I don't think there is a club in that list who could command the type of support I witnessed at Craven Cottage, You've all got to stick together now".

Sage advice I feel.

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Club be openly up for sale for ages. Where were all these buyers then that people think will magically come in if we enter admin. If they're only interested in picking the club up for pennies then they're fucking potless as well.

But only a clown would pay, off the top of my head £3m, for just the club and none of the facilities. Of course they need money but we are massively less attractive if you have to pay up front.  Someone wiull be tempted if they can pick up the club on the cheap. Think how long Corney held on for to try and recoup the money. We simply cannot afford to hold on that long.

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

For tomorrow, something simple and easily manageable by a lot of fans is the way to go.  Scarfs on the pitch and/or a walkout should be doable.

Then we can prepare for something bigger.  Mansfield seems the obvious opportunity.

Exactly, this needs to grow. Plenty will not be aware of anyting protests till Saturday, then it spreads

Dear all

The Stand up for latics campaign, is not Trust led event

Its a fans idea, one of many going around and one we thought is the most likely to have impact at this short notice. Especially short notice with regards to policing a walk down sheepfoot lane...cough, cough.

To be honest, I am unsure how close to the pitch we can get at the 23rd minute re scarfs. In Frizzle stand its roped off at the bottom of the steps with stewards, also are the gates open to get out at the 76th minute? 

I am sure with other ideas/suggestions/demand for answers are in the pipeline and we are looking on how we can help to support these to get the answers we need.

I am led to believe the owner may have a BBC statement coming out today at some point.

I have had to cancel membership card collections for those planned tomorrow and have sent an apology email

I will keep everyone update

Thanks