Stand up for latics - protest on 16/03/19

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in, but here goes. Below is a statement from AL, published by BBC news this morning. To me, it sounds like an arse covering exercise as I really can't imagine Scholes suddenly deciding that was that in such a fashion. AL may have been away, but has ML been interfering? There's no smoke without fire and I think it's reasonable for PS to publicly expand (slightly, if needs be) on his statement.

I wish all of you well with whatever protest you go for, but I would exercise a little caution. Encroaching on the pitch or any activity which can be deemed illegal will only damage the club further. I fully support everyone who continues to attend or stays away. Personal choice and no one should be decried for it.

Here's AL's statement:

"I have been in Dubai over the last couple of weeks and was at ease knowing that he was in charge," he said.

"I was very surprised as he simply resigned by text on Wednesday afternoon and has refused to discuss matters that influenced him to make his decision.

"Paul and I both agreed that there is potential but I reassured him that he had my full backing to rebuild the team of his choice next season.

"He did not raise any concerns at all about the team or any other matters informally or formally, prior to his resignation. He gave no opportunity or indications that he needed to address any issues at all."

I suggest that those atrending tomorrow do not buy any additional services in addition to the match fee.No Golden Goal tickets,no programmes and no food or drink. I have been operating on this basis all season since I realised what was hoing on with this owner.Small gestures of protest but they all add up.

• Like 2

Protesting, marching, throwing things are all a waste of time.  They might make you feel better but a waste of time.

The only thing that has some chance of working is a boycott.  To stop supporting your/our club is a difficult thing.  Do I throw 27 years down the drain and not renew my season card?  Are we willing, by removing our support, to relegate our club from the EFL?  It is a simple but very difficult choice.

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

If it enters administration then its a more viable purchase than current position

Do you honestly think this clown bought it for £4 million and has been pumping in £200k a month to pay bills when the gas has been cut off, buses can’t be funded for away games and players have to wash their own kit?

If we cut off any income to this bloke then he’ll have no choice but to enter administration.  He’s obviously potless.  Yes we’ll have a points deduction but someone would purchase the club and fund the debts if they’re at a %.  Not fussed if all players released and we start afresh.

Biggest positive is if the fan-led consortium buys the ground and land.  Fans will then have the power as the asset value of the club is minimal.   Surely if we can muster the purchase of the land then the club is less value to purchase and the reason why we’re buying the land and stadium?

Supporters direct have helped with something of a similar nature I think with Kettering.

Club went into liquidation. club owned land and ground. Council still wanted a club in the borough, Council negotiated with liquidator to buy land and ground. Council became landlord and owner.....I can't remember if then they sold it on, or it was by a fan led group.

our scenario is slightly different.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So he will be at the game then?

For those of you going give the bastard hell within the confines of the law obviously.

Yes folks - if you have it in you to attend (and I don’t blame you if you don’t) let the shyster spoofer liar chancer gobshite squirm. 

One of the best days of my life was in the Chaddy with my dad watching us draw 3-3 with Coventry in the top flight. My first ever game. Sure, we’ve been in decline, but the shyster has really messed it all up on an epic scale. 

I looked at my eldest boy today - he’s five and has yet to make the trip from Galway to Boundary Park - and I wonder if he’ll ever get to see us in the football league. If there was a fighting chance, the shyster has ruined it. I’m disgusted. 

He can call the game off if he wants. It won’t stop the protest in the long run.

He has undoubtly united fans against him. That may be his downfall. Corney cleaverly made sure that that didnt happen.

The only question is how we take the protest forward in the longer term, which may partly depend on how he responds over the coming weeks. I personally fully back a boycott. Others on the trust do not.

Fanwide meeting is being planned to agree how we move forward as one. 

For now, all but one Trust Director favours the Trust backing the planned fan led protest as a statement of disatisfaction 

2 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Andy the Trust has known what has been going on behind the scenes for some months, why is it now jumping on the bandwagon that PS has triggered.

The trust spent the first 11 months of the AL regime being of the opinion that he was well intended and giving him the benefit of doubt as he was new to the role and inherited many problems (which was true) which would hopefully be sorted in time. A close watching brief was being maintained.

the mood towards AL changed over Christmas as more info became available about what was going on and his openness with the trust started to change. Since then (that’s only 2.5 months ago) we have spent time trying to get him to come to the table to explain himself. A line of questioning had been agreed.

no response. We were preparing to ramp

things up then we got this week’s news. Its not a knee jerk, jump on the bandwagon reaction from the trust. It’s been building.

However we simply haven’t had enough knowledge to launch a campaign against him at any point over the last 12 months and the mood music around him has only properly changed over the last 10 weeks or so