Stand up for latics - protest on 16/03/19

7 hours ago, Andy b said:

The trust spent the first 11 months of the AL regime being of the opinion that he was well intended and giving him the benefit of doubt as he was new to the role and inherited many problems (which was true) which would hopefully be sorted in time. A close watching brief was being maintained.

the mood towards AL changed over Christmas as more info became available about what was going on and his openness with the trust started to change. Since then (that’s only 2.5 months ago) we have spent time trying to get him to come to the table to explain himself. A line of questioning had been agreed.

no response. We were preparing to ramp

things up then we got this week’s news. Its not a knee jerk, jump on the bandwagon reaction from the trust. It’s been building.

However we simply haven’t had enough knowledge to launch a campaign against him at any point over the last 12 months and the mood music around him has only properly changed over the last 10 weeks or so 

That is all very well,but irs too late.Did relegation, the number of good honest staff leaving and what some of the players were saying not ring serious alarm bells? I know that some people have issuws with the likes of Anthony Gerrard and Craig Davies but shouldn't their concerns have been followed up? I raised issues on here last year but was told that it was not the Trust"s role to get involved in personnel issues.

Having said that we need to move on,unite as fans and if that is under the leadership of a Trust with a new focus and agwnda that is great.

14 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

That is all very well,but irs too late.Did relegation, the number of good honest staff leaving and what some of the players were saying not ring serious alarm bells? I know that some people have issuws with the likes of Anthony Gerrard and Craig Davies but shouldn't their concerns have been followed up? I raised issues on here last year but was told that it was not the Trust"s role to get involved in personnel issues.

Having said that we need to move on,unite as fans and if that is under the leadership of a Trust with a new focus and agwnda that is great.

The trust has not successfully achieved the right balance between trying to support the new owner and holding him

to account. In my six months of involvement that would be my observation. There are reasons for that which I won’t go into. 

However that is a very difficult balance to strike. It is right that since AL has taken over the focus should have been on trying to support him in being a responsible owner as far as possible. 

We couldn’t just change that and go on a public offensive overnight in response to rumours and hearsay. There is no comeback from turning on the owner. 

Our preference is for whoever owns the club to be an effective owner and to try and help them achieve that. That demands a more diplomatic approach. Any change in approach has to come on the back of clear evidence that the owner is not capable of achieving the status of being a responsible over a sustained period of time. It’s not a decision to be taken lightly, though in respect of any owner there idoes come a point where we have to choose that option. 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Ps and yes alarm bells were ringing on several fronts. That doesn’t mean you publically turn on the owner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

Ps and yes alarm bells were ringing on several fronts. That doesn’t mean you publically turn on the owner. 

Publicly should not have been an option, but those concerns should have been voiced, one way or another.

Here’s a suggestion.  If the game is called off and Lemsagam was at the ground then he’s got 90 minutes free in his diary.

How about meeting the Trust and answering the long list of questions us fans now have ending (or starting with if you wish) with - please can you put the club up for sale and politely fuck off out of our club?

In all seriousness; he’s promised openness with the fans.  Up to now he’s avoided us like the plague.  However now is the time he needs to answer the questions on management, autonomy, finances and strategy.

If he refuses yet again then, Trust, you know your position 

Edited by Midsblue
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

How about meeting the Trust and answering the long list of questions us fans now have ending (or starting with if you wish) with - please can you put the club up for sale and politely fuck off out of our club?

^This.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

In all honesty this could be good news if it's called off it will give time to organise a better more effective protest.

Please define effective (probably best answered by the Trust) but I can’t see it myself.  I don’t think 100% of our fans are fully interested in this and happy to attend and watch football - that’s there prerogative.

Only way to protest is a complete boycott of every home game for remainder of season until he agrees to meet, contractually accepts our terms or agrees to sell the club and discloses exactly what he is selling it for.  I suggested this yesterday and one fan said that he’d still attend and nit be happy if we was asked not to.  Everyone is entitled to attend if they want but this is more than the loss of £x pounds for remaining value of ST.

Its clear Lemsagam doesn’t have the funds to pay the gas let alone strengthen this club.  

Starve him of any more income, forcing him to sell or force the club into administration when he can’t pay costs or player wages.  Trust start a fund whereby what fans were to pay on matchday is paid in and help pay the club staff wages who are fully employed and wholly reliant on being paid if Lemsagam doesn’t pay.  Players can claim from PFA or walk.  If possible, help the players too and muster great solidarity of everyone vs Lemsagam.

Protect our own and starve this clown.  Either he’ll agree to meet us and then we, with indisputable evidence, decided to reattend or we continue to boycott until he sells.

Edited by Midsblue

Well it gives time to think of the best way to protest against the owner. Their are a number of ways to protest one as you have suggested is non attendance of matches and I think we need to choose and organise the most effective. Im not sure throwing scarves onto the pitch would work.

However a complete boycott of the TV fixture against Mansfield could be very effective. It would gain national tv coverage.

The only issue is I'm not sure the owner has any self awareness whatsoever his statement this week implies that he doesn't seem to believe he's doing anything wrong.

Having said all that I think it's important we try to change something sitting and saying "what's it going to do" will change precisely nothing. Its upto us the fans to cause some disruption unless you want to watch more of his shit signings send us into national league next season which is a genuine possibility right now.

Edited by GlossopLatic

We’ve just had 2 long away trips to Cambridge and Lincoln which won’t have been cheap for the club, especially if stopovers were involved.

Today’s postponement will also have incurred more costs and our next game is not until Grimsby at home on 30th March.

That’s a full month without a home fixture....I can see a problem paying staff on time again. That really would be the straw that breaks the camel’s back!

Edited by oafc1955

On 3/14/2019 at 8:27 PM, underdog said:

The door remains open, however we have concerns for several months with regards to "news" from the club.

We held a phone vote tonight and decided now is the time to step up. 

You are literally 10 years (probably more like 15) too late to be making a stand now :( 

Edited by oafc0000
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

We could do with a banner for the Mansfield game reading ‘FIT AND PROPER?’.

"FIT AND PROPER - YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH" (also to be sang non stop at every game).

I look forward to the Trust mobilising everyone together, so a strategy can be put into place. My personal fear is that the usual apathy kicks in and this peters out after Wildy gets a couple of wins. That won't address the fundamental underlying issue.

7 minutes ago, oafc0000 said:

You are literally 10 years (probably more like 15) too late to be making a stand now :( 

Comments like this are absolutely futile. How the f*ck does saying what should have happened 10-15 years ago help in the here and now?

It can't be easy working for the Trust, these guys are volunteers and do it in their spare time. They didn't ask for Corney or Lemsagam, and can you imagine two more disreputable people to have to deal with.

For God's sake let's unite, support the Trust and get AL out of the club. If OAFC has to re-form for this to happen, so be it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Alas, the woodworm is here right on cue...

Yeah I am the problem - and not 15 years of inaction / abuse towards the ones calling for change / action / and a different approach.. to the point you drove so many away....  Yeah I am the wormwood....  I wonder if you lot will ever learn the error of your ways...  and I am here every day of the week...

This guy needs removing - to have a gift like Scholes wanting to take on a club in our position and blowing it inside of a month...  I am not even sure Corney and his gang would of even been able to mess this up quite like he has done....

I still think the trust needs to be stock piling funds instead of handing it over the business men...  if we had been doing that for 15 - 20  years would could be in a really strong place as a trust...  start now I say...   so maybe in 20 years time we can take on these people....

Edited by oafc0000

1 minute ago, oafc0000 said:

Yeah I am the problem - and not 15 years of inaction / abuse towards the ones calling for change / action to the point you drove so many away....  Yeah I am the wormwood....  I wonder if you lot will ever learn the error of your ways...  and I am here every day of the week...

This guy needs removing - to have a gift like Scholes wanting to take on a club in our position and blowing it inside of a month...  I am not even sure Corney and his gang would of even been able to mess this up quite like he has done....

Bore off

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Comments like this are absolutely futile. How the f*ck does saying what should have happened 10-15 years ago help in the here and now?

It can't be easy working for the Trust, these guys are volunteers and do it in their spare time. They didn't ask for Corney or Lemsagam, and can you imagine two more disreputable people to have to deal with.

For God's sake let's unite, support the Trust and get AL out of the club. If OAFC has to re-form for this to happen, so be it.

Agreed but with a caveat. I met formally with Simon Brooke and Diane Mellor of the Trust (probably a couple of years ago now) when concerns were rife around Simon Corney. I said then that they should unhinge themselves from the club and become independent - it was the only way they could address issues of concern properly and the fans would unite behind them.

Until they do that, they risk remaining impotent. Their 3% shareholding is, in fact, nothing but a millstone around their neck. 

I did consider setting up a separate independent supporters' group then, but decided not to upset the status quo and, instead, arranged a meeting with Simon Coney which a few of us off here attended. We did get answers to initial questions and were starting to make progress. Personal abuse and downright lies (one Latics' fan told people I was a friend of Corney's and had been on a sponsored walk with him!! - utter bullshit) led to me eventually throwing in the towel.

My point though is this; it took me hours of initial negotiation and pre-meets with S Corney and M Moisley to arrange the meeting with fans - why did the Trust not undertake that? Surely they were in a better position? So, inertia has often been a problem and I wonder why.

I realise there have been some changes in Trust personnel - this time, they really do need to step up to the plate and show they are capable of uniting the fans and being a strong, effective voice.

7 hours ago, Andy b said:

The trust has not successfully achieved the right balance between trying to support the new owner and holding him

to account. In my six months of involvement that would be my observation. There are reasons for that which I won’t go into. 

From which I can only infer that there isn't much unity on the trust board

33 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

From which I can only infer that there isn't much unity on the trust board

How do you come to that conclusion?

We meet, we discuss, we vote. To be honest we are more all in together than divide.