Stand up for latics - protest on 16/03/19

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

How do you come to that conclusion?

We meet, we discuss, we vote. To be honest we are more all in together than divide.

From this quote from Andy B:

There are reasons for that which I won’t go into.

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

lots of varied reasons yes, but this is not one of them

underdog - genuine question - please don't think I`m harrying.

If I ran or was involved on the board of the Trust I would take the opportunity this afternoon (i.e. because none of you can attend the postponed game) to get together for an extraordinary meeting in order to start mobilising resource, planning, getting a formal statement of intent out to fans etc.

Am presuming that most of the time Trust board members attend home games (if they don't they shouldn't be on the board of the Trust) so, like I say, ideal opportunity today to get together. Has that happened please?

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well apologies if wrong but as per earlier comments by others it's time to be independent

no need to apologise.

We are all very much diverse in our experience and skillsets, but we follow the same process of any board in place of a company. We meet, we discuss we vote. Granted sometimes its not all in so to speak, but it does tend to be for than against.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

no need to apologise.

We are all very much diverse in our experience and skillsets, but we follow the same process of any board in place of a company. We meet, we discuss we vote. Granted sometimes its not all in so to speak, but it does tend to be for than against.

Cheers

With one obvious exception...

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

If I ran or was involved on the board of the Trust I would take the opportunity this afternoon (i.e. because none of you can attend the postponed game) to get together for an extraordinary meeting in order to start mobilising resource, planning, getting a formal statement of intent out to fans etc.

Am presuming that most of the time Trust board members attend home games (if they don't they shouldn't be on the board of the Trust) so, like I say, ideal opportunity today to get together. Has that happened please?

exactly what you have said, it has already been suggested about us getting together as soon as we can.

Not all directors are local though, logistics of meeting and venue we have just started to use being available, alternative venue available.as well. 

We are also looking into the logistics of a fans meeting/brainstorming/meeting of minds with regards to the next step

Thanks

It doesn’t matter what we do individually, but to not protest seems madness, doesn’t matter if it’s ten or ten thousand. Let him know we are not happy, yeah don’t turn up to games, leave at certain times, throw a scalf make it clear we want him gone!

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

exactly what you have said, it has already been suggested about us getting together as soon as we can.

Not all directors are local though, logistics of meeting and venue we have just started to use being available, alternative venue available.as well. 

We are also looking into the logistics of a fans meeting/brainstorming/meeting of minds with regards to the next step

Thanks

Not quite what I meant underdog.

Surely the majority of you would have normally been present at today's game (certainly enough to satisfy quorum requirements). As the match has been postponed, why aren't you meeting now? It would have been very easy to meet at the ground (i.e. as though the match were on), then convene a Trust meeting (probably in a room at the ground) to get things going. Even if it wasn't a formal meeting - an informal one would have sufficed.

Nobody would be inconvenienced because you were all going to the game anyway.

Seems logical to me. One reason it might not be logical is that not many members of the Trust board actually attend all home games - please assure me that isn't the case.

28 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Not quite what I meant underdog.

Surely the majority of you would have normally been present at today's game (certainly enough to satisfy quorum requirements). As the match has been postponed, why aren't you meeting now? It would have been very easy to meet at the ground (i.e. as though the match were on), then convene a Trust meeting (probably in a room at the ground) to get things going. Even if it wasn't a formal meeting - an informal one would have sufficed.

Nobody would be inconvenienced because you were all going to the game anyway.

Seems logical to me. One reason it might not be logical is that not many members of the Trust board actually attend all home games - please assure me that isn't the case.

We can use the club if we pay rental ...hence we have a new home and that is usually used on saturdays.

to be blunt .we all have lives we all don't frequent together on match days, some have their own routines pre-post match and maybe are still doing that as we speak. so it was too short notice for today. I hope you can understand that.

With regards to assurance, no its not a pre-requist that all Trust directors have to be at home games. I don't understand why it would be

Edited by underdog

1 minute ago, underdog said:

We can use the club if we pay rental ...hence we have a new home and that is usually used on saturdays.

to be blunt .we all have lives we all don't frequent together on match days, some have their own routines pre-post match and maybe are still doing that as we speak. so it was too short notice for today. I hope you can understand that.

With regards to assurance, no its not a pre-requist that all Trust directors have to be at home games. I do understand why it would be

Thank you - you have told me all I need to know.

I`m sorry, but I don't have much faith in Trust Oldham to effectively mobilise the fans in these very trying times.

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

Thank you - you have told me all I need to know.

I`m sorry, but I don't have much faith in Trust Oldham to effectively mobilise the fans in these very trying times.

Why because we can't pull a meeting together in less than a day and on a weekend to boot? I feel you are being a little unreasonable but its your opinion

Why because we can't pull a meeting together in less than a day and on a weekend to boot? I feel you are being a little unreasonable but its your opinion

Come on please!

Barring holidays/illness etc. I think most fans would think all members of Trust Oldham board would have been in attendance at BP today - either for the match or the protest (endorsed by the Trust)  or both.

That being the case, a Trust meeting of some kind would have been very easy to arrange. You were all going to BP, so either sit around a table in one of the local Latics' supporting pubs (would have accommodated you gladly), get into an office at BP or use my living room!

The fact that hasn't happened and you are referring to people living in different places, logistics etc. makes me realise that several/many of you were not in fact going to today's game - as I said, that tells me all I need to know - it's the nuclear option for me now and you may begin to understand why Trust Oldham is considered impotent by many supporters.

21 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Come on please!

Barring holidays/illness etc. I think most fans would think all members of Trust Oldham board would have been in attendance at BP today - either for the match or the protest (endorsed by the Trust)  or both.

That being the case, a Trust meeting of some kind would have been very easy to arrange. You were all going to BP, so either sit around a table in one of the local Latics' supporting pubs (would have accommodated you gladly), get into an office at BP or use my living room!

The fact that hasn't happened and you are referring to people living in different places, logistics etc. makes me realise that several/many of you were not in fact going to today's game - as I said, that tells me all I need to know - it's the nuclear option for me now and you may begin to understand why Trust Oldham is considered impotent by many supporters.

As someone who hasn’t been involved with the Trudt for several years I understand the point that you are making but I think you are being unfair.

The Trust has always struggled to attract volunteers and so to suggest that only those who attend matches every week should be involved is unreasonable. The core of the Trust Board will be made up of people who attend most games but there will be others who don’t. It seems quite logical that some people who are unable to get to games might see helping out on the Trust as being a way of putting something into the club because they can’t get to as many games as they would like.

Personally I would think that it might have been a good opportunity for those Trust directors who were able to have had a meeting today but if it was felt that they should wait until an arranged meeting where more are available I can understand that.

The Trust are the right people to organise a protest if for no other reason than there is nobody else. It is a sad indictment but there is no Supporters Association or similar fan group.

what we really need is for the Trust to reach out to other notable collections of fans and all come together to plan something. This might include the Athleticos, the hundred club (assuming it still exists), prominent OWTB posters etc.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Come on please!

I still don't understand the relevance that all directors have to be at home matches? do we eliminate supporters/Directors who live in the South? One already travels up from London after work and another from Gloucester to be at the monthly meetings and both either stop over or travel home that night at their expense.

Do we eliminate those that are not season ticket holders maybe. I am in flooded Royton and no offence but I would not be coming out of my house for a fans meeting today even if it was called. Priority being my house could flood..sorry..house V trust meeting..hmmmm

Its the weekend. Some Trust Directors do not live in the vicinity of BP, Two I know off would not have set off when it was called off. We are fans, fans who want to enjoy the football with family and friends on Saturdays home or away. We devote enough time outside normal office hours to engage with fellow fans on here, on twitter on facebook.

I am curious how you would have rallied your company directors together on a Saturday for a meeting on a Saturday? 

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. But thanks for your input and welcome back to the OWTB board your absence after the Corney meeting made me curious and glad you are alright

And on that note....I am logging off for the night, tea to cook, United game to watch..I know, I know...

Edited by underdog

32 minutes ago, underdog said:

I still don't understand the relevance that all directors have to be at home matches?  

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. But thanks for your input and welcome back to the OWTB board your absence after the Corney meeting made me curious and glad you are alright

I never said that. I said, "Am presuming that most of the time Trust board members attend home games". A perfectly valid assumption of a person who wants to be on the board of a fans' group i.e. he/she are a fan themselves. Of course I realise they can't be at every home game but, for sure, if they are not a regular fan, they should not be able to represent fans. Let's leave that point, otherwise we'll be getting into statistics for Trust Board attendance at matches.

Thanks for the welcome back. It's not been for the want of trying but every time I have tried to join the site, it's been knocked back - until the recent PS saga when my attempt was finally accepted - for which I am grateful.

Don't take anything personal, underdog, I`m sure you are a lovely person. All I`m doing is challenging - something the Trust should have been doing a lot more of (in my opinion) over the years. When things are fine and dandy, it should be a supporting organisation. When things aren't, it has to be a challenging one.

It can only do both when it is truly independent.

I`ll comment no more - good luck with organising the troops.