Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dave_Og

New Manager Market

Recommended Posts

Even the bookies can't think of anyone that would want it.

 

First three favourites:

 

Wild

Priest

Clarke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clarke was asked to be caretaker on Thursday. I think there's more chance of one of us ever doing it than there is Peter Clarke...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Clarke was asked to be caretaker on Thursday. I think there's more chance of one of us ever doing it than there is Peter Clarke...

 

He’ll be counting down the weeks till he can leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clarke will be a decent manager somewhere imo, he has shown time and time again that he is a proper old school leader..

Being manager for us though that takes a different make up of man, only a desperate lunatic with the ability to do as he’s told due to the clowns interference need apply..you will be given a 3 month contract and if your very lucky you might even get paid, you will need to learn french quickly because thats the first language at the club..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Clarke was asked to be caretaker on Thursday. I think there's more chance of one of us ever doing it than there is Peter Clarke...

 

One thing Peter Clarke ain't is fucking stupid, no doubt he will go into coaching/managing at some stage but he won't do it unless it feels right.

 

He knows as well as anyone what a shambles we've become and it's to his credit he goes out there every week regardless of the circumstances and gives his absolute best, if only our owners shared the same principles. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Even the bookies can't think of anyone that would want it.

 

First three favourites:

 

Wild

Priest

Clarke

My only surprise is that abdallah isn't top of that list

He could officially install himself now he's cleared the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

My only surprise is that abdallah isn't top of that list

He could officially install himself now he's cleared the way.

Lee Power did that at Swindon. It wasn't a clever move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was just a nod to the size of the man's ego, even Scholes was found wanting 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boyinthesnow said:

Maamria edges ahead of Clarke in the betting...behind Wild and Priest.

In any other year I could understand his desire to manage us. 

It would be a step back and smaller budget now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maamria would be a good appointment at this moment in time, his knowledge of the lower leagues is invaluable and he's wouldn't be found wanting when it comes to authority within the dressing room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, singe said:

In any other year I could understand his desire to manage us. 

It would be a step back and smaller budget now. 

How sad is it that Latics can be considered a step back from Stevenage? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Does anyone really care who the next manager is? 

A supreme irrelevance. 

You've got to start somewhere or just throw the towel in and call it a day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

How sad is it that Latics can be considered a step back from Stevenage? 

Very. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

You've got to start somewhere or just throw the towel in and call it a day

If anyone is wiling to leave a job to take this gig you'd have to be worried about their motivation and sanity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

If anyone is wiling to leave a job to take this gig you'd have to be worried about their motivation and sanity. 

The club still has an obligation to the FA to fulfil this seasons fixtures and besides with only 15 points from the dreaded drop, given the way were playing and all the ongoing antics, we still need more points on the board as crazy as that might seem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

The club still has an obligation to the FA to fulfil this seasons fixtures and besides with only 15 points from the dreaded drop, given the way were playing and all the ongoing antics, we still need more points on the board as crazy as that might seem

Was wondering about this, so had a look back.  There have been 16 seasons with 2 relegated from this league, and 48 points would see us relegated only 4 times.  The highest points total anyone has gone down with is 51.  So barring a points deduction we should be safe.  But in the current circumstances who knows?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

The club still has an obligation to the FA to fulfil this seasons fixtures and besides with only 15 points from the dreaded drop, given the way were playing and all the ongoing antics, we still need more points on the board as crazy as that might seem

The points we have will be enough to stay up. If four went down it might be an issue.  

All irrelevant anyway. Anything that happens now on a day to day basis is just sticking a plaster on a broken limb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, parigby said:

All l hope is that it doesn't drag on for week after week after week. 

Oh it will,  probably Wild til end of season. Then another false dawn and... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Oh it will,  probably Wild til end of season. Then another false dawn and... 

I don’t think l can handle another false dawn.

Edited by Monty Burns
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, losesome said:

Weve got more contenders for manager of the year award than player of the year!!!

Haha true! Wild is winning that race by a stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...