New Manager Market

I have somehow watched Solihull Moors three times this season and there fans rave about Tim Flowers, okay they got beat when I saw them last play last at Salford but he had a team that cost next to nothing playing some decent football, big physical and shithousery of the highest order he also has a team who give everything and are probably punching a bit above where they should be given their resources in the Conference, we could make worse appointments in my opinion.

55 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I have somehow watched Solihull Moors three times this season and there fans rave about Tim Flowers, okay they got beat when I saw them last play last at Salford but he had a team that cost next to nothing playing some decent football, big physical and shithousery of the highest order he also has a team who give everything and are probably punching a bit above where they should be given their resources in the Conference, we could make worse appointments in my opinion.

Absolutely not a hope we'd get him. Highly likely we will be playing them next season too.

The type of rookie we all wanted though!

19 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Hated by the fans at every club he's managed...….why would we want him?

MacAnthony, at Peterborough, likes to get involved with team selection so not suitable for us. 

MacAnthony doesn't get involved in team selection. He has implemented a style of play and a recruitment philosophy at the club of signing young hungry players often from non-league with potential to do very well at the club before being sold on for a big profit. Very different from signing random often inferior players from the arse end of French football and insisting the manager plays them.

One is a coherent strategy which has delivered some comparitive success. The other is like a 13 year old playing football manager.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

MacAnthony doesn't get involved in team selection. He has implemented a style of play and a recruitment philosophy at the club of signing young hungry players often from non-league with potential to do very well at the club before being sold on for a big profit. Very different from signing random often inferior players from the arse end of French football and insisting the manager plays them.

One is a coherent strategy which has delivered some comparitive success. The other is like a 13 year old playing football manager.

Agree with most of what you posted but the Peterborough message board says different in regards of interference. Also, it could be a question of how much interference.

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

If it is Correa, I wonder if he will just be a Lemsagam "yes man"? Stupid question, really. We all know the answer unless our esteemed leader has started to learn his lesson. 

He'll presumably be a head coach type appointment, rather than a manager. Which is clearly the model AL is aiming for.

What we need is an experienced lower leagues manager, who is given time and backing

Not a yes man or in my opinion a manager who has spent 20 years in France.  More than likely going to struggle in league 2 with its lack of talent. It' a division where being big ugly and organised works wonders. Correa's win rate % looks decent but it doesn't mean it will translate to another country's style of play and culture

To be honest, I’m far more interested in/excited about the news that the fan group and Trust are hopefully close to buying Boundary Park including the Royle Stand.

If/when that’s in place, and in parallel, moves to get rid of the Chuckle Brothers and install sane and competent owners will be more than welcome.

Edited by Worcester Owl
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

To be honest, I’m far more interested in/excited about the news that the fan group and Trust are hopefully close to buying Boundary Oark including the Royle Stand.

If/when that’s in place, and in parallel, moves to get rid of the Chuckle Brothers and install sane and competent owners will be more than welcome.

I'm with you all the way on that and maybe, just maybe, it leads to our beloved club kicking out Doink the Clown and his brother.