New Manager Market

17 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I wouldn’t be. The guy has an average to poor record in a French league he understands. I can’t see how he would be the right choice for League 2 England.

I have grave doubts about Correa, I'd like to know if he even speaks English first. In a higher League standard with arguably better players, average is about right but  his 2 worst seasons points per game record would put him 7th out of 25 of our managers on par with Ronnie Moore, and his best 4 year stint between 2013-2017  is exactly the same as Shez's 4 month stint when he saved us in 2016. The 3rd best behind PW & Wadswoth, over 5x as many games as Wadsworth.

His overall career average is 1.4 pts per game a shade under Dowie. 65 pts =11th. Not the quality we need, but compared to most of our appointments he is streets ahead. And most worryingly may be streets ahead of the quality Lemsagem can attrract. It seems a long shot, if nothing else plenty of French teams ahead of us I suspect.

22 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd be very happy with Correa and so should all of you.  

20 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Care to expand?

1 hour ago, singe said:

I have grave doubts about Correa, I'd like to know if he even speaks English first. In a higher League standard with arguably better players, average is about right but  his 2 worst seasons points per game record would put him 7th out of 25 of our managers on par with Ronnie Moore, and his best 4 year stint between 2013-2017  is exactly the same as Shez's 4 month stint when he saved us in 2016. The 3rd best behind PW & Wadswoth, over 5x as many games as Wadsworth.

His overall career average is 1.4 pts per game a shade under Dowie. 65 pts =11th. Not the quality we need, but compared to most of our appointments he is streets ahead. And most worryingly may be streets ahead of the quality Lemsagem can attrract. It seems a long shot, if nothing else plenty of French teams ahead of us I suspect.

What Singe said....

• Like 2

Thanks for the memories of Fulham which I will take to the grave with me, and whilst I’d like to reaffirm that it’s no detraction from your excellent stint as caretaker boss last time around or, perhaps more importantly, you as a person, I just can’t financially support the club whilst this lunatic is in charge. 

Good luck Pete.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Named ‘head coach’ this time meaning AL has free roam to play Football Manager. 

Yeah,  it seems his way of 're-connecting' with the fan base is to just  be more open about the fact him and Mo pick the team

rather than to stop doing it.

Branger will be pleased. First name on the team sheet again.

Doubt we'll see Hunt playing for us again. Expect Iacovitti to start at left back from now on.

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bit disappointed with him there, what a powerful message it would have sent if he'd told them to stick it.

No option as in an untenable position..has bills to pay and saying no to this owner would no doubt have resulted in career over at Oldham. Fear for next season now...missed opportunity... getting new manager in to take the rest of this season to plan for next...unless it is already planned..!!

28 minutes ago, OAFC1958 South said:

No option as in an untenable position..has bills to pay and saying no to this owner would no doubt have resulted in career over at Oldham. Fear for next season now...missed opportunity... getting new manager in to take the rest of this season to plan for next...unless it is already planned..!!

I wouldn't bank on the owner still being here by start of next season tbh.

Having a Head coach doesn't mean generally speaking that the people above him are picking the team well not in normal football clubs anyway obviously we don't qualify as one of them anymore.

So 9 games left as Branger usually has about 1 good game in 5 so we might see him have that 1 and spend the other 8 giving the ball away. Assuming Sylla will be another certain starter I expect to see him execute about 6 passes to a blue shirt, and if Vera starts every game we might see him muster 3 shots on goal and win 2 headers in that time.

An exciting finale to the season awaits.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Hopefully.

Then again you were suggesting that things were looking rosey and we'd be league favourites next season only a fortnight ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

43 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So the new manager comes in cold, with all AL’s crew back on board, plus a few more. We’re fucked 

Assuming we're still trading, I can't see him giving up before August..... but assuming he becomes more hands-on..... our playing/coaching staff are even more influenced by their recruitment policy, I can envisage a situation whereby we are staring relegation in the face, and the further loss in revenue leaves him unable to carry on, a la Francesco Bechetti @ Leyton Orient...... or even Alan Hardy @ Notts County. If the Fan-Led group haven't by this point been able to secure a deal to finance the purchase of the land, it'll be curtains.