Confirmed Fans Meeting on Sat 23rd March - are you interested?

47 minutes ago, underdog said:

Afternoon everyone, I have just come in from the meeting

I have been panicked, nervous and almost sick with this meeting today.

Not so much meeting you all, but of course having the diversity we have and differing opinions ....how we could get a consensus and achieve what we set out to do

We had some questions on that were really not part of the agenda and we did veer off a bit but we reached the objective set of the next step, set of questions and timescales.

I did make notes, someone kindly sent the Trust people a list of what we agreed as well and we will get them all together officially for all fans to view. I am just feeling a little unwell to do it at this moment, but I am sure the fans there will give feedback as well.

Thanks to everyone who contributed today

You also did an excellent job in trying to keep the meeting "in order" 

Madam Speaker😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Afternoon everyone, I have just come in from the meeting

I have been panicked, nervous and almost sick with this meeting today.

Not so much meeting you all, but of course having the diversity we have and differing opinions ....how we could get a consensus and achieve what we set out to do

We had some questions on that were really not part of the agenda and we did veer off a bit but we reached the objective set of the next step, set of questions and timescales.

I did make notes, someone kindly sent the Trust people a list of what we agreed as well and we will get them all together officially for all fans to view. I am just feeling a little unwell to do it at this moment, but I am sure the fans there will give feedback as well.

Thanks to everyone who contributed today

Hope you're feeling better by now. Just want to say a big thank you to you and to the others who organised this. Pour yourself a large one and put your feet up!

One day we'll get our club back on an even keel and when we do I hope we all take the time to remember that it was people like you who kept the true spirit of this club going in worrying times.

That spirit is burning brighter tonight.

30 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So AL been in regular contact with Trust director. Any reason why she's resigned? 

Difference of opinion with respect to future approach to the owner. The trust has resolved to take a more assertive (though I would stress not confrontational) approach reflected in today’s meet and agreed next steps.

22 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Difference of opinion with respect to future approach to the owner. The trust has resolved to take a more assertive (though I would stress not confrontational) approach reflected in today’s meet and agreed next steps.

So she was happy with the relationship with AL? Was happy with his openness?

Did she share conversations between AL and herself with rest of trust? If so what about it were rest of trust not happy with that she was?

She the only one who was happy with things?

29 minutes ago, Andy b said:

So the trust had regular contact with AL, this has never been put across? Am I the only one who is confused ? The trust gave the impression that  there has been virtually no convo?

Edited by latics22

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So she was happy with the relationship with AL? Was happy with his openness?

Did she share conversations between AL and herself with rest of trust? If so what about it were rest of trust not happy with that she was?

She the only one who was happy with things?

That’s not what I said.

There was a difference in opinion in how to best make our presence felt with the owner and the extent to which we should be more assertive and subsequently be open about this in the public domain.

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So the trust had regular contact with AL, this has never been put across? Am I the only one who is confused ? The trust gave the impression that  there has been virtually no convo?

Diane has had some contact with him in her previous role. She attended matches with him etc but he has not met the wider trust, nor has he met Diane in any formal capacity for some time.

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

That’s not what I said.

There was a difference in opinion in how to best make our presence felt with the owner and the extent to which we should be more assertive and subsequently be open about this in the public domain.

Regular contact and wats app, is a pretty open Channel? So what she was hearing she didn’t agree with? This was kept between the trust, with the impression given that there has been 0 communication? Apologies if I’m misunderstanding?

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

Diane has had some contact with him in her previous role. She attended matches with him etc but he has not met the wider trust, nor has he met Diane in any formal capacity for some time.

I’m struggling to see the difference between formal and a conversation? This is all rather bizarre ? Or is it just me?

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I’m struggling to see the difference between formal and a conversation? This is all rather bizarre ? Or is it just me?

As in chance encounters or a conversation in passing at a game. That’s been the recent extent of contact. That’s not really conducive to properly questioning the owner on key matters.

no proper scheduled between Diane and the owner for months and no meeting with the wider trust at all (as reported). 

Not being funny, but i originaly seemed to confirm below :

Some good contact in some ways to be fair to him.  Regular WhatsApp contact with Diane, meetings every 4-6 weeks but nothing regular.  Not met with the whole of the Trust yet. #OAFc

so now it’s just a passing hello? Just trying to get a understanding 

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Regular contact and wats app, is a pretty open Channel? So what she was hearing she didn’t agree with? This was kept between the trust, with the impression given that there has been 0 communication? Apologies if I’m misunderstanding?

As has been reported today, the trust does not know a great deal more than what is in the public domain. That is a result of the limited comms we have had with the owner and the extent to which those comms have been worthwhile and productive. That was made clear today I felt.

the resignation has nothing to do with what Diane heard from the owner and whether she agreed with it or not it is about our approach to the owner going forward and how we put our views out into the public domain.

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Not being funny, but i originaly seemed to confirm below :

Some good contact in some ways to be fair to him.  Regular WhatsApp contact with Diane, meetings every 4-6 weeks but nothing regular.  Not met with the whole of the Trust yet. #OAFc

so now it’s just a passing hello? Just trying to get a understanding 

Please understand the distinction between a formal and informal form of engagement. The former has not happened nearly enough. That’s the point.

Dont understand why you are getting bogged down in the minutiae. The big picture issue is that the trust has not been able to properly engage with owner in the manner needed to ask questions, get answers and get our views across. 

18 minutes ago, Andy b said:

the resignation has nothing to do with what Diane heard from the owner and whether she agreed with it or not it is about our approach to the owner going forward and how we put our views out into the public domain.

What approach did she prefer?

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What approach did she prefer?

You will gather from today that we have resolved to canvas views from fans and make some very clear requests of the owner in a more direct manner. That is a step change in approach, put it that way. 

I think the most important thing today was to show that people are worried and were prepared to come together to talk about it. 150 turning up at a few days notice definitely did show that.

It was very much an opportunity for people to express their views and that was achieved. On top of that, a list of questions were collated and the Trust have taken it on themselves to push for answers.

The next steps are crucial. Having had a session to get things off our chests we now need some more structured meetings where we de ide what action we believe will lead to the improvements we want to see.

One thing that was clear was that it is difficult to manage a meeting of that size yet when someone suggested smaller meetings there was a lot of push back. I don't know what the answer is on this because I understand the concerns that we don't have fans who are seen as being able or mandated to represent the wider fanbase. 

I'd like to think that the Trust boosted by new directors might be able to do this but there is still some way to go for them to win over many fans. That will take time and there is clarity as to whether we have much time.

At present there are clearly conflicting views as to whether people want to boycott games and whether they will be renewing season tickets. Whilst everyone needs to make their own personal decisions it feels like this should be discussed pretty quickly. If some fans feel that these measures are appropriate they would only be powerful if there is a coordinated approach.

• Like 1