Confirmed Fans Meeting on Sat 23rd March - are you interested?

Dear all

Its been a hectic week or so for the Trust team and of course, arranging last Saturday's meeting. I am still exhausted by it all. It can wear a person down all this voluntary stuff beyond usual office hours. 

The notes I drafted from the meeting are with the Trust team that were in situ for approval.......well I am only human and can make a mistake so they need checking.

Andy B has done an initial draft of the next step with regards to what the concensus of fans wanted and the steps to reach that goal.  He has done a marvellous job setting the right tone of it and we will roll it out as soon as we can.

The Trust team have lives beyond latics and Trust...I know priorities and all.

Your patience is appreciated

Thanks everyone

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good meeting with an agreed outcome. It is very simple we want more than words we want proof that the many rumours are false.  Clearly the slow down in season ticket purchases has got his notice.  Working together is great statement of intent. Over to you Abdallah. 

Where do we go from here.The season has basically ended.I am mor renewing my ST for the first time and my faith is running low,something that I thought that I would never say having watched them home and away for  nearly 50 years.

The Scholes matter was probably the straw  which broke the camel's back for me.

Never felt so low and let down by the club I've worshipped .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Where do we go from here.The season has basically ended.I am mor renewing my ST for the first time and my faith is running low,something that I thought that I would never say having watched them home and away for  nearly 50 years.

Me too, difficult times which just never seem to bottom out. I will always have this club close to my heart but I'm struggling for motivation to attend games. 

9 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I too have followed Latics for over 50 years (with nearly 30 of those years as a season ticket holder) and I believe that the recent events have brought a new all time low in how the club is perceived by the rest of the football in this country. And this came at a time when the appointment of Scholes had raised the profile of the club and promised so much.

I have friends who support teams from all levels of the ‘pyramid’ ranging from Man Utd and Leeds to Reading, Brentford and Leyton Orient. When Scholes resigned in the manner he did, I was left with an overriding sense of embarrassment and was unable to offer them a view based on the facts of the matter. I could only surmise as to what actually happened. Did Lemsagam interfere in team matters? Did Scholes realise that he just could not make it work on the pitch? Did the manner in which Scholes resigned reflect well on a man of his standing within the game?

We simply do not have a true picture of what happened to cause Scholes to resign via WhatsApp and then sever all further communication with Lemsagam. All we have is a statement:  "Unfortunately it became clear that I would not be able to operate as intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role." plus the hearsay and rumours that are flying around.

Subsequent to that we have seen an interview from Lemsagam in which he offers his version of events followed by the offer of a non-executive director role by way of appeasement.  Is this merely  a charm offensive from a man who realises that his running of the club is losing the fans?

The truth lies somewhere in the middle I think 🤔 

Sorry to hear that you will not be renewing Flemboy,  guys like you epitomise what a true fan is. Though I’m not quite there yet, my  faith in the club is severely shaken. Will things change? I have to believe they will...for now at least.

Edited by TheBigDog
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, peanuts said:

may i ask the trust has the letter been forwarded to AL yet ?

Sorry Peanut, I think I commented last night on another thread

As Andy B has already confirmed above, yes we are almost ready for launch and as soon as it is done we will put it out for all fans, not just members or those that attended on Saturday....for All as we are all in it together.

Andy has worked really hard on this since Saturday's meeting, bearing in mind it was the weekend, family commitments and work commitments he was on draft 4 of it last night. Reason for the re-writing, well the letter has to set the right tone, the message, the questions and timescales we wanted from Saturday's meeting with some undertones of Trust entitlement as well. 

We want it right and professional.....that's why Andy has done it and  not me hahah. 

Thanks for patience

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I too have followed Latics for over 50 years (with nearly 30 of those years as a season ticket holder) and I believe that the recent events have brought a new all time low in how the club is perceived by the rest of the football in this country. And this came at a time when the appointment of Scholes had raised the profile of the club and promised so much.

I have friends who support teams from all levels of the ‘pyramid’ ranging from Man Utd and Leeds to Reading, Brentford and Leyton Orient. When Scholes resigned in the manner he did, I was left with an overriding sense of embarrassment

Always baffles me this kind of thing - nobody else pays much, if any, attention let alone cares. 

And they certainly don't know any detail.

The very few conversations I've had with anybody about it they either didn't realise he'd already gone and, if they did, had no idea why. 

I'm vaguely aware Southend sacked their manager this week and may also be enduring a bit of a shit show. Beyond that I couldn't tell you anything else and I certainly couldn't care less... 

Edited by HarryBosch

27 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Always baffles me this kind of thing - nobody else pays much, if any, attention let alone cares. 

The very few conversations I've had with anybody about it they either didn't realise he'd already gone and, if they did, had no idea why. 

I'n vaguely aware Southend sacked their manager this week and may also be enduring a bit of a shit show. Beyond that I couldn't tell you anything else and I certainly couldn't care less... 

When we appointed him I had a lot of messages about it.  When he left, nothing.  One person asked me about it when I saw them, I started to explain a bit and saw the eyes glazing over.  So yeah, we are utterly irrelevant to the vast majority of other football supporters.  Unless it's some surprising news - Scholes appointment, or something shocking - Ched Evans situation.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I have friends who support teams from all levels of the ‘pyramid’ ranging from Man Utd and Leeds to Reading, Brentford and Leyton Orient. When Scholes resigned in the manner he did, I was left with an overriding sense of embarrassment and was unable to offer them a view based on the facts of the matter. I could only surmise as to what actually happened. Did Lemsagam interfere in team matters? Did Scholes realise that he just could not make it work on the pitch? Did the manner in which Scholes resigned reflect well on a man of his standing within the game?

We simply do not have a true picture of what happened to cause Scholes to resign via WhatsApp and then sever all further communication with Lemsagam. All we have is a statement:  "Unfortunately it became clear that I would not be able to operate as intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role." plus the hearsay and rumours that are flying around.

Subsequent to that we have seen an interview from Lemsagam in which he offers his version of events followed by the offer of a non-executive director role by way of appeasement.  Is this merely  a charm offensive from a man who realises that his running of the club is losing the fans?

The truth lies somewhere in the middle I think 🤔 

Sorry to hear that you will not be renewing Flemboy,  guys like you epitomise what a true fan is. Though I’m not quite there yet, my  faith in the club is severely shaken. Will things change? I have to believe they will...for now at least.

Time for scholes to pop his head up from his sangar and speak about what exactly it was which pushed him so soon from a job which had wanted for so long at the club he so loved. Would go a long way to shedding some light on what the heck is going on within the depths of our beloved club. 

Im not holding my breath... 

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm vaguely aware Southend sacked their manager this week and may also be enduring a bit of a shit show. Beyond that I couldn't tell you anything else and I certainly couldn't care less... 

The guys I talk football with are what I call ‘proper’ football fans. They all follow their respective teams and have done for many years. We all take an interest in each other’s teams - and I have stood on the terraces at Brentford as well as watching Reading on occasion when Latics are not playing or I cannot get to the game. 

You use Southend as an example for not ‘caring less’ - and yes, while I have some sympathy for any manager who gets the sack, it has no real interest beyond that. However I keep abreast of what is happening at the guys teams (for example progress on Brentford’s new ground) because I know it’s important to them.

When Scholes walked it was one topic of conversation over a few beers  - I guess they care because they know that I do.