Board of Directors (Non-Executive) Applications

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Your obsession with me is flattering. Get a girlfriend or something.

....I’d have seriously considered this if it was a few years further down the line. 

Yes.  Seriously. 

Eh? i was having a bit of fun as you know but you are being serious???? no way i am having it that you could ever think it was a good idea.

You'd like to think the EFL would have some sort of Governance stipulations in place to avoid a sole Director for any length of time, and a short maximum at even that.
Too much to hope they have been in touch and that has triggered this.

17 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Eh? i was having a bit of fun as you know but you are being serious???? no way i am having it that you could ever think it was a good idea.

It would be great..... I’d be able to adopt another pseudonym on here and ‘leak’ ‘rumours’.   ‘Coz that’s fun and empowering.  

(Good of luck to anyone barmy enough to apply, it’s a lose-lose...)

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Hi Abdallah,

if you want to reconnect with me can you answer the following questions first?

1. Was the gas supply at the club disconnected due to non payment of bills? If so why have the bills not been paid?

2. Did the team coach transport fail to turn up due to non pay,ent of bills? If so why have the bills not been paid?

3. Did you send emails to Paul Scholes telling him to play certain players? If so how does that fit with your stated policy of non interference?

4. Do you plan to give a two year contract to a player, Iacovitti, who has not yet played for the first team without consulting Paul Scholes?

5  Did you tear up the contract of Ousmane Fane without consulting Paul Scholes?

6. Have you offered contract renewals to players without consulting Paul Scholes?

7. Will all wages at the club be paid on time going forward?

8. Do you actually have my money to support the income shortfall at the club.

9. Do you have a sustainable plan for the club’s future?

And can I have the answers before the first renewal deadline for season tickets next week?

Thanks in advance,

I hope you don't seriously expect an honest answer to that lot. Excellent questions, but I'm sure AL would lie through his teeth to give you the answers you want to hear.

Anyone who is prepared to accept responsibility as a Board member if it all goes tits up is naive at best, bonkers at worst and on a hiding to nothing. Respond to the email along the lines of "Up yours, Abdallah. You're having a laugh. Get the feck out of our club and I'd consider it then."

You had me right up to

Over the past year under new ownership the club has tried to rebuild, with millions being invested in the team whilst also paying off past debts

Millions spent on the team and paying off past debts.... prove it.  Provide a breakdown of where it’s been spent because it hasn’t been spent on gas, a boiler, pension for staff, bus to transport team.... the list goes on and on

Surely whoever is drafted this rubbish is looking at social media and is gauging the hostility of the fanbase towards this clown

18 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

You had me right up to

Over the past year under new ownership the club has tried to rebuild, with millions being invested in the team whilst also paying off past debts

Millions spent on the team and paying off past debts.... prove it.  Provide a breakdown of where it’s been spent because it hasn’t been spent on gas, a boiler, pension for staff, bus to transport team.... the list goes on and on

Surely whoever is drafted this rubbish is looking at social media and is gauging the hostility of the fanbase towards this clown

Proof may be in the accounts...

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Proof may be in the accounts...

which...funnily enough due at companies house on 27th March. Well 2018's are.

Again I would urge anyone seriously considering the offer to seek sound financial and legal advice on the responsibilities

8 minutes ago, underdog said:

which...funnily enough due at companies house on 27th March. Well 2018's are.

Again I would urge anyone seriously considering the offer to seek sound financial and legal advice on the responsibilities

And a shrink.

FTFY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robboman said:

Served on paper plates as we cant afford to wash the pots

Can we afford paper plates?

This is obviously being done now because season ticket renewals are not going well, and the anger on this board and other social media sites. He may well be close to going under and needs this money to keep the club going. Even if he isn't, he is not going to stop interfering, because it's in his nature to want to control everything. He can't trust a manager to spend the budget wisely and manage the team selection. His brother seems to be the only person he trusts, and we know nothing about either of them.

52 minutes ago, al_bro said:

.....His brother seems to be the only person he trusts, and we know nothing about either of them.

We know his brother has ‘allegedly’ failed to pass the Fit & Proper Persons test..... which is why today’s statement/invitation for NED applicants says Abdallah is the ONLY Director.

Edited by lookersstandandy

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Get the trust rep on board properly or forget it. In fact forget it anyway,  the man is a bafoon of the highest order.

This a desperate last ditch attempt to get fans back onside and boost ST sales.

The man has bullshitted his way along since the day he took over and I don’t believe a word he says.

The ‘events’ of last week could and should have been avoided. It was a massive opportunity for this club to move forward and has been completely wasted.

I don’t believe the appointment of Scholes was ever a genuine attempt to improve our fortunes and IMO it was just a PR exercise and then for AL to then put the blame on Scholes for walking out.

Im convinced now that the guy has no money and that from the very beginning  his involvement in this club was suspicious to say the least.

IMO....We have to get him out!!!

There isn't such a thing as a Non Executive Directorvin Company Law you are either a Director or not.

20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We know his brother has failed to pass the Fit & Proper Persons test..... which is why today’s statement/invitation for NED(s) applicants says Abdallah is the ONLY Director.

I missed that. Is that documented somewhere? 

Aside from everything else, a few observations:-

1) As others have said, it does appear to be a snub in the direction of the Trust.

2) A genuine question for the Trust. Communications broke down irrevocably with Simon Corney; do you think you are at the same stage with Abdallah Lemsagam? (and I realise the Trust position has not yet been taken up on the board and the given reasons for that).

3) IF this position/s had been offered immediately, or shortly after, commencement of Mr L's ownership then it may have had merit. In light of recent events and reaction, it would appear to be a desperate measure to placate fans.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, underdog said:

I thought you would have loved to get your hand on my lumps No?...Damn and blast

Well whats the going cost, Chocolate, wine, gin, pizza? all?

Hope you are well

Hehe. Fully booked unfortunately 😉. I’m fine apart from our shambles of a club ta! And you and yours?

6 hours ago, underdog said:

I would recommend any potential candidate to take sound legal advice on the Role they are undertaking and its legal responsibilites as per Simon Brooke above and Old Hallam

Its not to put anyone off but to ensure you know what the role is and the legal ramifications of the Board position

Even the Trust rep to the board will have Directors liability insurance in place 

underdog, sound advice for sure but just to put things in perspective most circumstances of directors becoming personally liable revolve around wrongful or fraudulent trading i.e. there has to be a conviction in court for these offences before a director can become personally liable.

There are literally thousands of company frauds that have been committed (never mind just wrongful trading), sometimes involving tens of millions of pounds - and still there is often no conviction for wrongful/fraudulent trading. I won't bore you with the reasons why that's the case but what usually happens is directors are simply disqualified (i.e. from being directors again) for a period of time. Director disqualification does not make someone personally liable per se but, thereafter, acting in breach of disqualification does.

Director's Liability Insurance wouldn't be worth a fig in the event of wrongful/fraudulent trading as it's an automatic "get out clause" for the insurer.

So, (in essence) the Trust rep's position on the board (or indeed a non exec position) should be pretty safe providing they personally exercise due care etc. etc. Don't forget either that Latics isn't a PLC with lots of shareholders - it's a private limited company  and 97% of the shares are owned by one man from memory - and the majority of fiduciary duties of a director are to the company's shareholders. This is an important factor when considering fiduciary duites.

Duties are also owed to creditors, HMRC etc. but I don't think this is as big an issue as is being made out providing the indivdual exercises good morals and due diligence (I know, I know!). This isn't designed to discount you - it's designed to give you "the other side of the coin".

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

It would be great..... I’d be able to adopt another pseudonym on here and ‘leak’ ‘rumours’.   ‘Coz that’s fun and empowering.  

(Good of luck to anyone barmy enough to apply, it’s a lose-lose...)

Who does that?