Board of Directors (Non-Executive) Applications

30 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Most of us will understand and agree with most, if not all, of that but unfortunately Abdallah won't with his level of English and understanding of British football/business practice....

Which, again, says to me that the main reasonable, deliverable demand that should be coming out of Saturday's Trust meeting and beyond is that he must employ an experienced football Chief Exec and become more hands off. 

Harry makes a very good point. Never underestimate the cultural differences either. The way we conduct, and expect business to be conducted by others, can be distinctly different to the way it is done in North Africa or the Middle East. 

Some has mentioned that Moore did something similar. Appointed 3 NED and then exited and left them with it all.

I don't  know if this was true as I was not around latics at the time.

Does it sound familiar that story?...not that i am saying this is the case now.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Harry makes a very good point. Never underestimate the cultural differences either. The way we conduct, and expect business to be conducted by others, can be distinctly different to the way it is done in North Africa or the Middle East. 

Harry is right he does clearly need a chief exec to come in and steady the ship.

However the big issue here is how do you get Abddullah to listen and change his ways. I'm not sure he's one for compromise or collusion with others he's more my way or the highway.

• 2 weeks later...