So refreshing...

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

To see a England manager pick young players, squad look fresh and strong!

Agree totally. Used to drive me crazy when the same old has beens (never where) got wheeled out because of “experience” and “they can be trusted”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Although Dier does worry me a bit sometimes. 

Think Rice will be his long term replacement, has looked excellent at West Ham, can see him getting a big move for next season. 

Whether or not he should be playing for us is another argument.

Just now, daniel said:

Think Rice will be his long term replacement, has looked excellent at West Ham, can see him getting a big move for next season. 

Whether or not he should be playing for us is another argument.

Agreed.  Although most professional sport is farcical when it comes to nationalities. The recent Welsh Rugby win against Ireland is a great example... Kiwi coach and only Kiwi players scored any points in a 25 point haul for Wales. 

Its nice to just be interested in international football again both due to England's reemergence under Gareth Southgate and the introduction of the nation's league. As international football between tournaments had become a bloody farce and it's reinvigorated it greatly I feel.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'll see your Dier and raise you Pickford. 

Yep. 

Tell tou what.... the much vaunted Jadon Sancho has been awful so far. Wayward passing and caught in possession a lot. (So far ha!) 

Edited by kowenicki

23 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Not really - he was born in London

I’m very much aware of that, but in my opinion once you’ve played for 1 nation that should be it.  He’s played 23 times for the ROI from the U16 age group up to the senior team. 

Can’t blame the lad really, there’s a loophole there and he’s changed to England, I hope it’s a great decision for the lad because he’s clearly talented. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Yep. 

Tell tou what.... the much vaunted Jadon Sancho has been awful so far. Wayward passing and caught in possession a lot. (So far ha!) 

Now he's actually played a competitive game for England, which means he can't play for anybody else do you think he will play again for us!!!!!

6 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

And here's me thinking Chuckie 22 was just being lazy!!!

IM NOT SHUCKY OR CHUCKIE! I do love shez and I’ll be honest! It saddens me that I don’t love him less than shucky. However if I loved him more we would be looking at retraining orders! On another note, what a job Southgate has done. He was average at best at boro, he has prob had  a lot of luck! If we’d had topped the group in the World Cup we prob would t have made the semi ‘s. But we did and he’s built on that! Ducking big sam started with Rooney as captain on his first game 😂👍

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

On another note, what a job Southgate has done. He was average at best at boro, he has prob had  a lot of luck! If we’d had topped the group in the World Cup we prob would t have made the semi ‘s. But we did and he’s built on that! Ducking big sam started with Rooney as captain on his first game 😂👍

What's this got to do with Latics?

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

He's finally brought his City form to England.

Because England are now playing in a very City way and finally playing to his strengths. Also Rashford wasn’t there getting in the way with his mindless runs.