Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mcfluff1985

Fans meeting with AL 22/03/2019

Recommended Posts

 

So it would seem AL is available for speaking with fans. Appears some met with him tonight. Juel Miah is one of the photographers. Those notes were written up by Chris Stringer 

 

So the trust he won't meet but the fans he will. Anyone shed any light on that? @Andy b or @underdog can you confirm whether anyone from the trust was in attendance? I assume trust was aware of this meeting? Didn't see it mentioned on here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust bloke on Twitter (Darren) says he was invited and then uninvited again, make of that what you will...

 

🤡 out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Trust bloke on Twitter (Darren) says he was invited and then uninvited again, make of that what you will...

 

🤡 out.

Uninvited by who though? Wont be AL who saod he couldn't go.

 

Funny the trust says he won't speak to them yet he's happy to meet that crew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps it’s time for everyone to take a step back and realise there’s one thing we all care about here and that’s Oldham Athletic.

 

Get Abdallah and the Trust to sit down together and thrash out a plan for the future of this football club, especially if it’s true that BP will soon be owned by a group of fans too.

 

I really want to trust Abdallah, and I genuinely think he wants to succeed at this club - but then he just fucks that trust up every time. Whether that’s entirely his fault? Who knows?

 

I joined the Trust today - something I never thought I would do as they’re usually a useless sack of shit - but I’m hoping they can finally start to have a real influence on this football club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete and total Bullshit.

 

Anyone who believes that must be the type of person who would respond to an email from a Nigerian Prince saying they want to deposit £10million into their bank account please pass me your bank account details.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He says  needs to be more transparent, but has a secret meeting only secret group on Facebook know about. Meets with 2 or 3 select individuals, invites/ uninvites the Trust who he's been avoiding.

(Mind Trust needs to be more open about Diane Mellor). 


His actions need to match his words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:
 

So it would seem AL is available for speaking with fans. Appears some met with him tonight. Juel Miah is one of the photographers. Those notes were written up by Chris Stringer 

 

So the trust he won't meet but the fans he will. Anyone shed any light on that? @Andy b or @underdog can you confirm whether anyone from the trust was in attendance? I assume trust was aware of this meeting? Didn't see it mentioned on here...

We were aware of the meet. I too was stood down at the 11th hour by the person (fan) who instigated the meet who was eventually told by the club that it was just he and AL (plus colleagues) at the meet. 25 fans there in the end (hand picked as potential advocates of the owner). 

 

Looks like a PR effort.

 

we all have the club’s interests at heart. The trust is secondary but we have to use the trust to get our messages across to the the owner with a view to starting a positive dialogue between the trust and fans. Trust wants to help the owner

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andy b said:

We were aware of the meet. I too was stood down at the 11th hour by the person (fan) who instigated the meet who was eventually told by the club that it was just he and AL (plus colleagues) at the meet. 25 fans there in the end (hand picked as potential advocates of the owner). 

 

Looks like a PR effort.

 

we all have the club’s interests at heart. The trust is secondary but we have to use the trust to get our messages across to the the owner with a view to starting a positive dialogue between the trust and fans. Trust wants to help the owner

*positive dialogue between clubs and fans that is

 

we need to be making requests and demands (and constructive suggestions) to the owner about the running of the club. Q and As are very interesting but they won’t effect actual change.

 

We first need clarity over what we as fans want to see from the owner. A mandate is then given to the trust to go and make it happen. 

 

Fundamentally he needs to be open to external ideas and influences. It’s not just about him sharing his perspectives and insights as per last night. That doesn’t really go anywhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dave_Og said:

Confused to put it mildly. How did this come about? 

All a bit in the dark if am honest. Planned over the last c48 hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought, we're those invited to AL's get together, picked from applications sent to the fan on the board invite?

All seems a bit "divide and conquer" 

Edited by disjointed
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Just a thought, we're those invited to AL's get together, picked from applications sent to the fan on the board invite?

All seems a bit "divide and conquer" 

It doesn’t it and that’s a fair point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barry Owen is like that bad smell that won't go away, self interest paired with being self absorbed to a shocking level, if he's any sort or fan representative he'd be at the meeting today but there's no doubt he'd rather be feathering his nest up Abdallahs arse somewhere.

 

Is it any wonder they come across as viewing fans with contempt when they've got that buffoon by there side.

 

You really have to question the motive of 'cherry picking' fans to have a meeting with, it smacks of desperation and acting dumb arse really isn't going to wash anymore. Of course he and his interfering brother are going to deny accusations because this has very quickly turned sour and they are on a recovery mission.

 

Wasn't Mike Minay a respected BBC journalist pushing for an interview weeks ago? Why all of a sudden does AL feel now is the time to open up all of a sudden?

 

Yet again we hear the same old shit about 'they agree that the club needs to be more transparent and will seek to be so' - fuck off you jokers you've had more than enough opportunity, frankly your bullshit doesn't wash anymore and your going to see that reflected badly in the upcoming home games attendance figures.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Andy b said:

We were aware of the meet. I too was stood down at the 11th hour by the person (fan) who instigated the meet who was eventually told by the club that it was just he and AL (plus colleagues) at the meet. 25 fans there in the end (hand picked as potential advocates of the owner). 

 

Looks like a PR effort.

 

we all have the club’s interests at heart. The trust is secondary but we have to use the trust to get our messages across to the the owner with a view to starting a positive dialogue between the trust and fans. Trust wants to help the owner

 

Andy my understanding of the land is that as a community asset if someone bids for it the Trust has to be made aware of this as has happened with the fans group? Is this correct?

 

According to this meeting Lemsagam clearly states he made an offer for the land were the Trust made aware of this?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Andy my understanding of the land is that as a community asset if someone bids for it the Trust has to be made aware of this as has happened with the fans group? Is this correct?

 

According to this meeting Lemsagam clearly states he made an offer for the land were the Trust made aware of this?

 

 

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems a fairly deceitful attempt to try and prove his honesty..

 

Of course the millions spent are going to add up if you're paying inflated wages to your hopelessly inadequate French fourth division clients..

 

Tit for tat point-scoring - arguing the toss over things that we'll probably never know the truth about....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Andy my understanding of the land is that as a community asset if someone bids for it the Trust has to be made aware of this as has happened with the fans group? Is this correct?

 

According to this meeting Lemsagam clearly states he made an offer for the land were the Trust made aware of this?

 

 

Broadly speaking, my understanding is that the council has to be formally notified if current owners make a move to sell. 6 months grace is then provided during which time the owners cannot sell, to enable a community group to table a deal.

 

A notice will go up at BP when the notification to the council has been made. No such notice has been placed at BP as yet to my knowledge.

 

a receipt of an offer to buy the land (outside of a process of attempting to sell the land) doesn’t trigger the ACV process (as outlined above) as far as I am aware.

 

we are not aware of any formal attempt by the owner to buy the ground 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Andy my understanding of the land is that as a community asset if someone bids for it the Trust has to be made aware of this as has happened with the fans group? Is this correct?

 

According to this meeting Lemsagam clearly states he made an offer for the land were the Trust made aware of this?

 

 

That can't be right. Could easily lead to a whole series of vexatious bids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will hopefully be clarified at the Trust meeting today.  

 

Is the fan-led consortium purchasing the stadium/land for a fair price or have they had to outbid Lemsagam thus paying greater than actual true current value?

 

Lemsagam’s “generous” bids could be 10-20% below to current market value so understandably rejected.

 

If Lemsagam genuinely has the clubs future at heart then drop these clandestine meetings and meet with The Trust.  He’s just the custodian at moment so accept that the land/stadium is best in fans hands who will do the best for the club.  If he was happy to buy that land then invest that money into the squad and a more long-term manager.  If he then focuses on success on the pitch and the fans on enhancing the stadium then hopefully harmony between both parties can exist and one day, one party can buy out the other (hopefully that being the fan-led consortium).

 

That Sky interview came over as bitterness that Brassbank opted to sell to the fans rather than the current owner and poor old Lemsagam is just left with a badge.  If that’s the case, you keep your debts through your incompetence and hand us back our club.  We’d be just as skint as you our and would have to operate the club on break-even but hopefully owning the stadium and generating income from the will increase our chances of increasing playing budgets.

Edited by Midsblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

This will hopefully be clarified at the Trust meeting today.  

 

Is the fan-led consortium purchasing the stadium/land for a fair price or have they had to outbid Lemsagam thus paying greater than actual true current value?

 

Lemsagam’s “generous” bids could be 10-20% below to current market value so understandably rejected.

 

If Lemsagam genuinely has the clubs future at heart then drop these clandestine meetings and meeting with The Trust.  He’s just the custodian at moment so accept that the land/stadium is best in fans hands who will do the best for the club.  If he was happy to buy that land then invest that money into the squad and a more long-term manager.  If he then focuses on success on the pitch and the fans on enhancing the stadium then hopefully harmony between both parties exists and one day one can buy out the other (hopefully that being the fan-led consortium).

 

That Sky interview came over as bitterness that Brassbank opted to sell to the fans rather than the current owner and poor old Lemsagam is just left with a badge.  If that’s the case, you keep your debts through your incompetence and hand us back our club.  We’d be just as skint as you our and would have to operate the club on break-even but hopefully owning the stadium and generating income from the will increase our chances of increasing playing budgets.

Why would Brassbank sell to the fans but not AL? 

 

Surely you take the best offer, as long as it is genuine and the transaction can be completed. 

 

Thr fact there are allegedly two bidders pushes the price up? 

 

It seems apparent there has been no such bidding process, as otherwise the Trust would be aware of it already.  He is lying! (Again)

 

 

Edited by Theoutsider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

This will hopefully be clarified at the Trust meeting today.  

 

Is the fan-led consortium purchasing the stadium/land for a fair price or have they had to outbid Lemsagam thus paying greater than actual true current value?

 

Lemsagam’s “generous” bids could be 10-20% below to current market value so understandably rejected.

 

If Lemsagam genuinely has the clubs future at heart then drop these clandestine meetings and meeting with The Trust.  He’s just the custodian at moment so accept that the land/stadium is best in fans hands who will do the best for the club.  If he was happy to buy that land then invest that money into the squad and a more long-term manager.  If he then focuses on success on the pitch and the fans on enhancing the stadium then hopefully harmony between both parties exists and one day one can buy out the other (hopefully that being the fan-led consortium).

 

That Sky interview came over as bitterness that Brassbank opted to sell to the fans rather than the current owner and poor old Lemsagam is just left with a badge.  If that’s the case, you keep your debts through your incompetence and hand us back our club.  We’d be just as skint as you our and would have to operate the club on break-even but hopefully owning the stadium and generating income from the will increase our chances of increasing playing budgets.

Today’s meet is not about the ground acquisition, it is about concerns around the responsible stewardship of the club culminating in one of the greatest players this country has ever produced deciding after 1 month that he couldn’t operate under the conditions presented to him.

 

It’s about signals (that’s all they are at this stage) that the club is not being run responsibility potentially putting its existence at threat and that fans want to voice their concerns 

 

the trust is not buying the ground and is not party to all the detail at this stage. Our named liaison with the fan led group is not present today am afraid. We will endeavour to provide as much of an update as poss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Broadly speaking, my understanding is that the council has to be formally notified if current owners make a move to sell. 6 months grace is then provided during which time the owners cannot sell, to enable a community group to table a deal.

 

A notice will go up at BP when the notification to the council has been made. No such notice has been placed at BP as yet to my knowledge.

 

a receipt of an offer to buy the land (outside of a process of attempting to sell the land) doesn’t trigger the ACV process (as outlined above) as far as I am aware.

 

we are not aware of any formal attempt by the owner to buy the ground 

 

Ok thanks for clearing that up so he doesn't have to let the Trust know he's attempting to buy the land by law. It would just be advisable bearing in mind they are fans and shareholders of the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...