Administration

If we starve AL and the club of funds he may decide to jump ship, if that’s what we want then fine, however, if a new owner cannot be found we would go into administration and would then have to suffer the consequences.

We would be playing a very dangerous game.

Port Vale are in an identical situation.....

Owner Norman Smurthwaite says he will put Port Vale in administration if a buyer for the club is not found by 5 May.

Smurthwaite told BBC Radio Stoke he will only fund Vale up to that point, as a result of supporter protests about his running of the League Two club.

He claims that as much as £600,000 will be needed to keep the club going until the start of next season.

"I wasn't the person or group of people who said 'you've got to go'," he said.

"They didn't and don't understand the implications of what they've done, and they'll learn that as time goes by.

"The football club has to trade through to 5 May and it will. I'll pay all of the bills up to that point. After 5 May, I will not put one cent more into the club."

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If we starve AL and the club of funds he may decide to jump ship, if that’s what we want then fine, however, if a new owner cannot be found we would go into administration and would then have to suffer the consequences.

We would be playing a very dangerous game.

Port Vale are in an identical situation.....

Owner Norman Smurthwaite says he will put Port Vale in administration if a buyer for the club is not found by 5 May.

Smurthwaite told BBC Radio Stoke he will only fund Vale up to that point, as a result of supporter protests about his running of the League Two club.

He claims that as much as £600,000 will be needed to keep the club going until the start of next season.

"I wasn't the person or group of people who said 'you've got to go'," he said.

"They didn't and don't understand the implications of what they've done, and they'll learn that as time goes by.

"The football club has to trade through to 5 May and it will. I'll pay all of the bills up to that point. After 5 May, I will not put one cent more into the club."

I don't really know the full circs of their situation, there must be a reason behind the fans demanding he go? These things don't occur overnight.

His comments smack almost of "right, this will teach em a lesson".

I suppose it only reinforces the argument of approaching our situation in a more measured way.

23 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I don't really know the full circs of their situation, there must be a reason behind the fans demanding he go? These things don't occur overnight.

Same here but I know that the Vale fans have had grievances with their chairman/owner for quite a few years now. It’s not something recent that has triggered this.

Couldn't agree more. Let's face facts, the number of people who want to pump millions into the mighty latics is zero. People wanted Corney out, now people want AL out. Without AL, the club will most likely cease to exist.

I know I am a little far removed, but as far as I can see AL hasn't really done a lot wrong. I would be worried if our owner wasn't interfering with the running of the club. Surely that shows he cares about the club doing well. If he was just here for another reason he could spend all of his time in Dubai and leave the club to rot.

This is not the time to protest, I think it is a very dangerous thing to do. Scholes leaving looks to me like he was out of his depth and jumped because management was harder than he thought. Really, how likely is it that AL would not tell Wild as the caretaker manager who to pick, but would tell the full time manager (who happens to be a footballing legend) who to pick in the team. It doesn't ring true to me.

I lost quite a bit of respect for Scholes even before he took the job, if the rumours of his high wage demands are true. He hardly needs the money, and any wage he takes surely takes away from the playing budget.

Scholes is gone, AL is still here. I hope he proves all the nay-sayers wrong and makes us stable and we can push for promotion next year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlueInAus said:

Couldn't agree more. Let's face facts, the number of people who want to pump millions into the mighty latics is zero. People wanted Corney out, now people want AL out. Without AL, the club will most likely cease to exist.

I know I am a little far removed, but as far as I can see AL hasn't really done a lot wrong. I would be worried if our owner wasn't interfering with the running of the club. Surely that shows he cares about the club doing well. If he was just here for another reason he could spend all of his time in Dubai and leave the club to rot.

This is not the time to protest, I think it is a very dangerous thing to do. Scholes leaving looks to me like he was out of his depth and jumped because management was harder than he thought. Really, how likely is it that AL would not tell Wild as the caretaker manager who to pick, but would tell the full time manager (who happens to be a footballing legend) who to pick in the team. It doesn't ring true to me.

I lost quite a bit of respect for Scholes even before he took the job, if the rumours of his high wage demands are true. He hardly needs the money, and any wage he takes surely takes away from the playing budget.

Scholes is gone, AL is still here. I hope he proves all the nay-sayers wrong and makes us stable and we can push for promotion next year.

:lol:

• Like 1

We are in the early bird period for ST sales....he simply has to engage with the fans and trust now.  

We need a statement of intent, a plan, a reassurance as to where we are heading. Fans want to know if we’ll have a competitive budget next year.

AL has to be honest with the fans...if he’s skint and struggling he needs to come clean and say so!

Under normal circumstances bringing Wild back again until the end of the season would have been the obvious move but this isn’t normal circumstances, it is the cheap option once again and will not persuade disillusioned fans to buy season tickets.

We will probably be starting next season with yet another new manager and another new team.

After a shambles of a first full season under our present ownership I can only see this football club heading in one direction where it’s not only our league status that could be under threat!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueInAus said:

Gosh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueInAus said:

I suspected Barry Owen had multiple accounts :laught16:

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We are in the early bird period for ST sales....he simply has to engage with the fans and trust now.  

We need a statement of intent, a plan, a reassurance as to where we are heading. Fans want to know if we’ll have a competitive budget next year.

AL has to be honest with the fans...if he’s skint and struggling he needs to come clean and say so!

Under normal circumstances bringing Wild back again until the end of the season would have been the obvious move but this isn’t normal circumstances, it is the cheap option once again and will not persuade disillusioned fans to buy season tickets.

We will probably be starting next season with yet another new manager and another new team.

After a shambles of a first full season under our present ownership I can only see this football club heading in one direction where it’s not only our league status that could be under threat!

Was this discussed Saturday ? Would be nice to hear some form or plan. Or like u say, he admits he’s skint. We all rally round, I remember the tta talking about increasing season tickets to have a real crack at promotion. Just a bit of honesty is all we want. 

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Was it player sales at that time?

I can't remember exactly, but wasn't it Moore selling players behind Dowie's back that Moore kept the money for? 

We had the Legends (and Matthew Tipton...) game and season ticket money, I think

Sort of related, but I think that period also involved some players not being paid and handing in their resignation, meaning they could have walked away for nothing...

Edited by JoeP

3 hours ago, BlueInAus said:

:nnnng:

You lost respect for someone based on rumour? Ok then.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That was the administrator cashing in on assets, for a pittance in some cases.

Not sure this squad has much worth other than a couple of the younger lads like Edmondson and Hamer.

Yh, think you'd be lucky to get half a million for the pair if things were desperate.

5 hours ago, BlueInAus said:

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

:nnnng:

You lost respect for someone based on rumour? Ok then.....

Interesting Blue that you choose to believe one rumour about the salary demand but none of the following, that have a credible source/s:

Communication regards team slection and actions to affect player availability

Visits to the dressing room despite being asked not too

Promising to change ways, but then reneging on that

Gas supply interruption
Coach not turning up

Coach company change from highly reputable to dodgy

30+ staff  replaced
Contract discussions behind managers back
Player disciplinary actions without manager knowledge
Refusal to engage Trust
Arranging a clandestine meeting at short notice with a select group of fans on the eve of an open meeting of 150 fans, whislt all the time claiming to want to buld better fan rapport
As well as the more proven actions such as nepotism appointing your brother to the 2nd most senior positon after (another rumour) he failed the notoriously lax fit and proper person test.

Amongst others.

Inflated wages for nondescript players

How can you not lost some respect for someone for any of those, much less all of them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

I can't remember exactly, but wasn't it Moore selling players behind Dowie's back that Moore kept the money for? 

We had the Legends (and Matthew Tipton...) game and season ticket money, I think

Sort of related, but I think that period also involved some players not being paid and handing in their resignation, meaning they could have walked away for nothing...

Legends game was to build Trust funds, not to finance OAFC's administration. We were very careful to ensure segregation of funds...