Administration

21 hours ago, Wardie said:

Pure speculation by someone on Twitter.
Doesn't help anybody except the doom mongers.

It's obvious everything isn't rosy in the garden but these kind of tweets really get me pissed off.

By the way, it's 'owner' not '"owners". Can't even get that right.

Quite a few clubs results appearing today. 

I don't think the default should be defend our club at all costs.

Compare and contrast with Wrexham' s detailed and transparent accounts: (click through down the series of tweets) 

Edited by singe

On 3/28/2019 at 6:43 PM, deyres42 said:

Highly unlikely they have the means to fund administration so it would be liquidation for us.

Very rarely I agree with you but in this case you are correct. 

No ground or other significant assets puts us in  dire position without a benefactor. 

Sad thing is unless this changes or the ground is bought back, the threat of liquidation is always there 

Sd worked with a club that went into admin. Slightly diff scenario to us but with that club:

Council still want a club in the borough. Council worked with administrators to buy the freehold of the ground then the buildings and club itself.

Dont think the council could do all 3 in our case but they could be willing

17 minutes ago, underdog said:

Sd worked with a club that went into admin. Slightly diff scenario to us but with that club:

Council still want a club in the borough. Council worked with administrators to buy the freehold of the ground then the buildings and club itself.

underdog - I may be mistaken but I think the point here is that insolvency (i.e. Administration in this scenario) would involve Oldham Athletic (2004) Association Football Club Limited - which doesn't own the ground, so the stadium etc. would not be available for purchase from the administrator. There is a distinct possibility of a simple liquidation of (2004) as that may be the only way to realise any return for its creditors i.e. a fire sale of players, equipment etc. - end of club.

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

underdog - I may be mistaken but I think the point here is that insolvency (i.e. Administration in this scenario) would involve Oldham Athletic (2004) Association Football Club Limited - which doesn't own the ground, so the stadium etc. would not be available for purchase from the administrator. There is a distinct possibility of a simple liquidation of (2004) as that may be the only way to realise any return for its creditors i.e. a fire sale of players, equipment etc. - end of club.

So what happens if the fan led group own the land and 2004 goes into admin? They still wouldn’t own the land or ground.

57 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Or a newly formed company purchases all assets of the existing company; a Phoenix operation? 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

As mentioned above. Club in admin is almost literally nothing. The council aren’t going to get involved in funding a club with no assets. There would rightly be uproar. 

35 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

As mentioned above. Club in admin is almost literally nothing. The council aren’t going to get involved in funding a club with no assets. There would rightly be uproar. 

True.

It was a hopeful suggestion 

Edited by underdog