and Staff.

18 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Can I ask, are you a lifelong fan Billy or did you start to work for the club and develop a love for the club ? Just interested. Won’t think any less of you (unless you’re a red 😩) Hope you are enjoying your new job btw. 

Wasn’t that much into football until 2010 which was my first season properly supporting Latics, before that I’d been to the odd game here and there but I was a geeky child that preferred the likes of Star Wars and Harry Potter!

First game I actually properly remember was against Bolton pre season when Tom Eaves scored a hat trick against them and then they signed him from us the next day!

Since then I’ve been a proper Latics fan, my Stepdad has been a fan all of his life so I went with him and some friends, only a few years whilst I was at University I didn’t have a Season Ticket. Only been a fan a decade but that 3-0 win against Bolton was when I properly fell in love with Latics and Football in general.

New job is great albeit very demanding, learning so much though! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OAFCBilly said:

Billy - I think a lot of fans appreciate your candid tweets (or whatever they were lol - I`m not on any social media).

Just a few words of advice - be very careful what you write - if certain people are as poisonous as many claim, then it would not surprise me if one/all of them "went for the jugular" (of someone) via the courts around alleged defamation once they thought they had sufficient evidence.

Edited by wiseowl

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Billy - I think a lot of fans appreciate your candid tweets (or whatever they were lol - I`m not on any social media).

Just a few words of advice - be very careful what you write - if certain people are as poisonous as many claim, then it would not surprise me if one/all of them "went for the jugular" (of someone) via the courts around alleged defamation once they thought they had sufficient evidence.

Evidence of what? The man has lived it, knows intrinsically what goes on at the club, okay he may of signed an NDA but you could argue that that just reaffirms what many of us have been saying, it's a shitshow that needs sorting - nothing more nothing less. 

Lets not forget in all this Abdallah as had plenty of opportunity to reconnect but he has chosen not to, he surrounds himself with sycophants and hangers on and seeks advice from 'fans' who the majority view as morons, he is so out of touch it is frightening, he allows his brother to dictate transfer policy when he is clearly out of his depth, assembling the worst team (by a country mile) I've seen us put out in over thirty years as a supporter, he brought Barry back into the fold who let's face it is the hated and disliked man by 90% of the fanbase a man with the charm of a cactus and an arrogant prick to boot, these aren't the actions of a man who wants to engage, if he fired off Mo and Barry today he may get some fans back on side but that isnt going to happen so unfortunately we are heading to a point of no return, what a really sad situation he's created but he will have nobody to blame but himself.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Evidence of what? 

yarddog - I am on your side - I would just hate to see a decent genuine fan (any one of many) made an example of in the courts for writing something which might be classed as defamation. It's a minefield and I`ve witnessed such a legal action before. It really can ruin someone's life.

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I appreciate the concern although I’ve spoken to the right people and I think I’m covered. They’ve gone at previous staff members for similar and got nowhere, plus if they did do something it would just add weight to my comments if three supposedly experienced professionals are more bothered about a 23 year olds tweets than they are the league position etc.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s a shame other employees haven’t spoken out...I take it you didn’t sign a NDA?

I never had an NDA put in front of me so no I didn’t. Plus even if I had, my comments aren’t disclosing anything confidential. Some staff aren’t fans of Latics so would rather just stay out of it and remain professional as they work for other clubs also and publicly, I do also hence why I made sure I could put out what I’ve said by checking internally and with the right people externally. I respect and understand why previous staff prefer not to speak out, especially the footballers.

Good Luck Billy in your new role...……..

Many thanks for the assistance you gave me last season.

As I have said before people don't leave their jobs they leave their Boss...………………………….

Hopefully you will be back one day at least has a supporter...…. As you know things for me and the business changed with the passing of my good Friend Gordy.. miss him loads …………..

• Like 2

I suspect it’s been posted elsewhere and I’ve missed it but Companies House shows the appointment of a new director which the club doesn’t appear to have announced - again, I may have missed it, as I’m not really keeping abreast of things. 

7 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I suspect it’s been posted elsewhere and I’ve missed it but Companies House shows the appointment of a new director which the club doesn’t appear to have announced - again, I may have missed it, as I’m not really keeping abreast of things. 

Seems to run a management consultancy business. 

19 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

Is this Richard Bowden? Isn't he the one appointed as a NED as a fan representative that was advertised earlier this year? I'm sure he was announced over the summer?

Yeah, pretty sure you’re correct. It’s just that the club have caught up with Companies House updates. 

Edit - yep. https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/june/12062019-new-board-appointment/ 

Edited by jorvik_latic
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Potential changes on the way.

Full staff as I haven't posted in some time.

Club Officials

Owner: Abdallah Lemsagam
Sporting Director: Mohamed Lemsagam

Directors: Abdallah Lemsagam, Mohamed Lemsagam, Barry Owen, Adam Morallee, Darren Ratcliffe (Trust Oldham) & Richard Bowden.

Managing Director: Natalie Atkinson
Football Secretary: Michael Beech
Safety Officer: Steve Clarke
Honorary Medical Officers: Dr Rob Beardsell & Dr Jim Weems
Club Chaplain: Rev John Simmons
Supporter Liaison Officer: Mark Lund
Disability Liaison Officer: John Trotter
Inclusion Supporter Liaison Officer: Natalie Atkinson

Professional Staff

Head Coach: Dino Maamria
Assistant: John Dreyer
Goalkeeping Coach: Ali Uzunhasanoglu
Head Physiotherapist: Stuart Irwin
Head of Fitness & Strength and Conditioning Coach: Callum Jackson
Sports Scientist & Performance Analyst: Neil Skidmore
Kit Manager: Dean Pickering Snr
Club Chef: Antoine Mano

Academy Staff

Head of Academy: Paul Murray
Youth Team Manager: Danny Cadamarteri
Head of Coaching: Conor Marlin
Youth Development Phase Coach: Craig Large
Foundation Development Phase Coach: David Hankey
Strength & Conditioning Coach: Callum Jackson
Physiotherapist: Harry McNeilly
Head of Education: Phil Arbelo-Dolan
Head of Recruitment: Paul Ogden
Academy Administrator: Graham Yates

Media

Head of Media & Communications: Michael Brown
Matchday Press Officer: Roy Butterworth
Club Photographer: Eddie Garvey
Design: Josh Coleman
Videography: Store 57 Productions

Football Operations

Office Manager: Sue Bowskill
Finance Director: Shahed Alam
Business Development Manager: Jamie Stoddart
Supporter Services Manager: Gina Buckley

Please contact Jamie and Gina regarding matchday hospitality packages.

Ground Staff

Head of Operations (Grounds): Paul Flynn
Grounds Assistants: Warren Caine & Daniel Doherty
Apprentice Grounds Assistant: Dean Pickering Jnr

Head of Maintenence: Jason Pheasey
Cleaning Operatives: Andrew Ingham, Cecilia Taylor, Julie Hilton & Chris Rimmer
Laundry: Rose Stewart & Karen Linton

Oldham Athletic Community Trust (OACT)

Community Manager: Martin Vose
Operations & Safeguarding Manager: Wendy Noble

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, singe said:

What's Paul Murray up to!

Or most likely doing his best  on a shoe string.

"the Football League had audited the academy and awarded it a ‘poor’ rating "

10 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

What's Paul Murray up to!

Or most likely doing his best  on a shoe string.

"the Football League had audited the academy and awarded it a ‘poor’ rating "

Muzza was appointed 6 months after the inspection and MH left. I suspect the Safeguarding was the issue not the whole Academy. Richard Cooper wasn't Chief Executive either r only Club Secretary. 

• 1 month later...