Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think it is a reasonable letter. My only concern would be that it is unclear what it is requesting to be provided to the Trust confidentially and what is being asked to be provided to then be shared with members/fans.

 

In particular, I think it may be unreasonable to ask what offer has been made for the ground. It is known that the Trust is connected to the FLG. It would be a strange decision of the owner to tell this group (as a rival bidder) what offer he has made. I would also be wary, if I was him, of disclosing next year’s budget if this was going to be shared widely. Knowing the size of the budget is something that could give competitive advantage to rival teams.

 

The Trust shouldn’t be scared of confirming that some answers will not be shared widely and we, as fans, should accept that we might have to take the Trust’s word on some things if they simply tell us that they have had an appropriate answer.

 

It is a great start though and if we got 11 answers back to those 13 questions I would be delighted.

 

Over to you Abdallah.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

I think it is a reasonable letter. My only concern would be that it is unclear what it is requesting to be provided to the Trust confidentially and what is being asked to be provided to then be shared with members/fans.

 

In particular, I think it may be unreasonable to ask what offer has been made for the ground. It is known that the Trust is connected to the FLG. It would be a strange decision of the owner to tell this group (as a rival bidder) what offer he has made. I would also be wary, if I was him, of disclosing next year’s budget if this was going to be shared widely. Knowing the size of the budget is something that could give competitive advantage to rival teams.

 

The Trust shouldn’t be scared of confirming that some answers will not be shared widely and we, as fans, should accept that we might have to take the Trust’s word on some things if they simply tell us that they have had an appropriate answer.

 

It is a great start though and if we got 11 answers back to those 13 questions I would be delighted.

 

Over to you Abdallah.

Setting the expectations is as important as the questions.

 

Hopefully we have an agreed basis on which we can judge the current and future owners by setting these out simply and clearly. That will be useful now and in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure most of those demands are realistic and an itemised gas bill is unlikely to be of much interest to most.

 

Let's fast forward to be the bit where they haven't been answered.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure most of those demands are realistic and an itemised gas bill is unlikely to be of much interest to most.

 

Let's fast forward to be the bit where they haven't been answered.

It wouldn’t be inaccurate to say there was unanimous support for asking these specific questions, as read out by an attendee, on sat. Hence they are in.

 

Some may not be of interest to some individuals but they are not doing any harm in being in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are The Trust, or those whose questions they’ve passed on, hoping to achieve by proving he hasn’t paid Swans or gas bills? 

 

Its all all a bit school teacherly. Is he going to

be made to sit on the naughty step if he can’t explain himself (which we know he won’t be able to)? 

 

I just want stuff like that to stop going forward. 

 

It smacks of people just wanting their pound of flesh via demanding info few, if any, businesses would/should provide. 

What a wasted opportunity to make some clear, specific & reasonable demands of him.  Demands that would be to the benefit of all concerned  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HarryBosch said:

What are The Trust, or those whose questions they’ve passed on, hoping to achieve by proving he hasn’t paid Swans or gas bills? 

 

Its all all a bit school teacherly. Is he going to

be made to sit on the naughty step if he can’t explain himself (which we know he won’t be able to)? 

 

I just want stuff like that to stop going forward. 

 

It smacks of people just wanting their pound of flesh via demanding info few, if any, businesses would/should provide. 

What a wasted opportunity to make some clear, specific & reasonable demands of him.  Demands that would be to the benefit of all concerned  

Questions may not be responded to. Our demands are set out in the main body of the letter and reflect what, in overall terms, fans want to see from the owner in running the club, as fed back on saturday. 

 

what are the reasonable and specific demands you would have included? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

I think it is a reasonable letter. My only concern would be that it is unclear what it is requesting to be provided to the Trust confidentially and what is being asked to be provided to then be shared with members/fans.

 

In particular, I think it may be unreasonable to ask what offer has been made for the ground. It is known that the Trust is connected to the FLG. It would be a strange decision of the owner to tell this group (as a rival bidder) what offer he has made. I would also be wary, if I was him, of disclosing next year’s budget if this was going to be shared widely. Knowing the size of the budget is something that could give competitive advantage to rival teams.

 

The Trust shouldn’t be scared of confirming that some answers will not be shared widely and we, as fans, should accept that we might have to take the Trust’s word on some things if they simply tell us that they have had an appropriate answer.

 

It is a great start though and if we got 11 answers back to those 13 questions I would be delighted.

 

Over to you Abdallah.

Precisely the two points I was going to post about. and about whether this is as Shareholders or as conduit to fans.

Nevertheless, it is right that questions are askedand answers sought.

Personally, I'd have formally emphasised at being at your disposal to assist, but appreciate that behind the scenes this may have been tried without success.
I hope that the media pick up on this,  @OAFCMIKE as well and bring pressure to bear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deyres42 said:

Is his English good enough to go toe to toe with a snarling heated crowd?

 

I was thinking this too. 

 

Not a chance such a meeting will happen and I’m not overly arsed if it doesn’t. It’s clear to all he’s not that type. 

 

Just more pound of flesh nonsense... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, singe said:

Precisely the two points I was going to post about. and about whether this is as Shareholders or as conduit to fans.

Nevertheless, it is right that questions are askedand answers sought.

Personally, I'd have formally emphasised at being at your disposal to assist, but appreciate that behind the scenes this may have been tried without success.
I hope that the media pick up on this,  @OAFCMIKE as well and bring pressure to bear.

Assistance is offered on more than one occasion in the letter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What are The Trust, or those whose questions they’ve passed on, hoping to achieve by proving he hasn’t paid Swans or gas bills? 

 

Its all all a bit school teacherly. Is he going to

be made to sit on the naughty step if he can’t explain himself (which we know he won’t be able to)? 

 

I just want stuff like that to stop going forward. 

 

It smacks of people just wanting their pound of flesh via demanding info few, if any, businesses would/should provide. 

What a wasted opportunity to make some clear, specific & reasonable demands of him.  Demands that would be to the benefit of all concerned  

 

 

I disagree. The demands you refer to are there in the ‘Expectations’ section.

 

The specific questions largely relate to a statement he has made either publicly or in his conversations with those invited to speak with him. It doesn’t seem unreasonable to ask him to back up statements he has already made.

Edited by Latics and England
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Questions may not be responded to. Our demands are set out in the main body of the letter and reflect what, in overall terms, fans want to see from the owner in running the club, as fed back on saturday. 

 

what are the reasonable and specific demands you would have included? 

 

The installation of an experienced and/or competent chief executive to start running the club “properly” by a certain date. 

Edited by HarryBosch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Latics and England said:

 

 

I disagree. The demands you refer to are there in the ‘Expectations’ section.

 

The specific questions largely relate to a statement she has made either publicly or in his conversations with those invited to speak with him. It doesn’t seem unreasonable to ask him to back up statements he has already made.

 

It seems a waste of valuable time though given what’s at stake and that we already know he can’t back them up. What’s the point? I don’t get it... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Assistance is offered on more than one occasion in the letter. 

I'm going to sound like I am pulling it apart by saying personally my tone would have been different.So I'll just say that I appreciate, you especially, and all the others have given up a lot of time. This new direction is welcome and  I hope more feel they can join the Trust and you get people to join the Board of the Trust too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with the letter whatsoever.

 

I would rather it be overly demanding than not demanding enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What are The Trust, or those whose questions they’ve passed on, hoping to achieve by proving he hasn’t paid Swans or gas bills? 

 

Its all all a bit school teacherly. Is he going to

be made to sit on the naughty step if he can’t explain himself (which we know he won’t be able to)? 

 

I just want stuff like that to stop going forward. 

 

It smacks of people just wanting their pound of flesh via demanding info few, if any, businesses would/should provide. 

What a wasted opportunity to make some clear, specific & reasonable demands of him.  Demands that would be to the benefit of all concerned  

 

A fair and reasonable post Dave. However, they've [The Trust] been accused by many for lacking teeth in the recent past. This is a noticeable step change and I welcome it.

 

If it helps put an end to the the 'stuff' we all deplore and it means he appoints someone, Chief Exec or otherwise, to assist in the governance..... regardless of whether the Swans invoice is presented or not, then it would have succeeded as far as your aims are stated.

 

He has to acutely understand the mood and our expectations of him as the custodian of our beloved club. I think this letter conveys that.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

What are The Trust, or those whose questions they’ve passed on, hoping to achieve by proving he hasn’t paid Swans or gas bills? 

 

Its all all a bit school teacherly. Is he going to

be made to sit on the naughty step if he can’t explain himself (which we know he won’t be able to)? 

 

I just want stuff like that to stop going forward. 

 

It smacks of people just wanting their pound of flesh via demanding info few, if any, businesses would/should provide. 

 What a wasted opportunity to make some clear, specific & reasonable demands of him.  Demands that would be to the benefit of all concerned  

 

What have you spent the Fa Cup money on Abdallah. I demand you show me penny for penny the investment that was made with that cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Latics and England said:

I think it is a reasonable letter. My only concern would be that it is unclear what it is requesting to be provided to the Trust confidentially and what is being asked to be provided to then be shared with members/fans.

 

In particular, I think it may be unreasonable to ask what offer has been made for the ground. It is known that the Trust is connected to the FLG. It would be a strange decision of the owner to tell this group (as a rival bidder) what offer he has made. I would also be wary, if I was him, of disclosing next year’s budget if this was going to be shared widely. Knowing the size of the budget is something that could give competitive advantage to rival teams.

  

The Trust shouldn’t be scared of confirming that some answers will not be shared widely and we, as fans, should accept that we might have to take the Trust’s word on some things if they simply tell us that they have had an appropriate answer.

 

It is a great start though and if we got 11 answers back to those 13 questions I would be delighted.

 

Over to you Abdallah.

 

Personal opinion is you will get one answer: "Do one".

 

I wouldnt be disclosing any of that private business information, and would be reluctant to any meeting set up by the Trust if I was the owner. If he agrees to any of this, he is basically opening himself up to allowing all financial matters to be scrutinised, assessed and determined by fans who have absolutely no idea how to run a business. Would you see United fans asking Glazers to show them an invoice for the electric bill? A waste of time in my opinion.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngen said:

 

Personal opinion is you will get one answer: "Do one".

 

I wouldnt be disclosing any of that private business information, and would be reluctant to any meeting set up by the Trust if I was the owner. If he agrees to any of this, he is basically opening himself up to allowing all financial matters to be scrutinised, assessed and determined by fans who have absolutely no idea how to run a business. Would you see United fans asking Glazers to show them an invoice for the electric bill? A waste of time in my opinion.

 

Like it or not, the Trust represents the fans. If he fobs this off then it will hurt him financially. He doesn't have to answer every question IMO but he needs to engage with some of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, youngen said:

 

Personal opinion is you will get one answer: "Do one".

 

I wouldnt be disclosing any of that private business information, and would be reluctant to any meeting set up by the Trust if I was the owner. If he agrees to any of this, he is basically opening himself up to allowing all financial matters to be scrutinised, assessed and determined by fans who have absolutely no idea how to run a business. Would you see United fans asking Glazers to show them an invoice for the electric bill? A waste of time in my opinion.

Agree with this.

Edited by super_blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

 

I was thinking this too. 

 

Not a chance such a meeting will happen and I’m not overly arsed if it doesn’t. It’s clear to all he’s not that type. 

 

Just more pound of flesh nonsense... 

Let’s just sit back and do nothing then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...