Trust Letter to AL

11 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Many, me included, felt that we were a reasonable bet to go straight back up. If we go down to the Conference or even further due to administration then we aren't coming up to the level we were at last year for many years. 

Administration is something that should be avoided as much as possible. Barring Bradford, who would be a decent bet to go back up a lot of the teams coming down are quite similar to ourselves. The stats suggest that if Wild had been in charge for a bit longer the playoffs would still be very feasible. 4 promotion places and 2 relegation spots is a lot better than 2 promotion places and 4 relegation spots. 

Given some of the likely people behind the fans group I doubt it will be that much of a success, but they will be better than Detective Shitpeas being in charge. 

I suppose it depends on what fans value. 

League football, with the incumbent owner, and all that comes with him. 

Or 

Maybe non league football, but with the club run properly. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I suppose it depends on what fans value. 

League football, with the incumbent owner, and all that comes with him. 

Or 

Maybe non league football, but with the club run properly. 

Who's to say the new owners would run the club properly? Corney certainly didn't. The Landlords didn't, Moore didn't. 

Football is corrupt and even when owners run the club properly it doesn't necessarily mean there aren't other reasons to stop supporting a side. 

If the Sultan of Brunei owned the club I would have stopped going based on recent events. I would have stopped going if we had signed Ched Evans. The lines in the sand are different for different people. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Many, me included, felt that we were a reasonable bet to go straight back up.  

And many would have agreed with you. The silly sideshows that have gone on this season have masked the fact that it would have been relatively easy to get out of this "pub league" at the first attempt. The standard is bloody awful and my worry now is that if we get stuck here for a while (and the owner is as unpopular and difficult to work with as many suspect) then we will come down to its level. All else aside, I honestly don't think I could watch the dross in this league for too much longer.

Just a little stability this season and it could have all been so different. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Who's to say the new owners would run the club properly? Corney certainly didn't. The Landlords didn't, Moore didn't. 

Football is corrupt and even when owners run the club properly it doesn't necessarily mean there aren't other reasons to stop supporting a side. 

If the Sultan of Brunei owned the club I would have stopped going based on recent events. I would have stopped going if we had signed Ched Evans. The lines in the sand are different for different people. 

Yeah, fair comment. 

I think things have been so poor, for so long. People are looking for something, anything to shake things up. 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

And many would have agreed with you. The silly sideshows that have gone on this season have masked the fact that it would have been relatively easy to get out of this "pub league" at the first attempt. The standard is bloody awful and my worry now is that if we get stuck here for a while (and the owner is as unpopular and difficult to work with as many suspect) then we will come down to its level. All else aside, I honestly don't think I could watch the dross in this league for too much longer.

I think we can still get out of this league this season, but we probably need to win all our next 5 league games and then 2 of the 3 after that. 

If Wild had been in charge for the whole season I think his points per game would have us in the automatic places. No reason why that can't be repeated next season, especially as Bunn admitted he didn't have much of a clue about other sides. 

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

On what are they basing their endorsement of the people trying to buy the ground?

vested interests? 

(And before people get their knickers in a twist, a vested interest need not be financial) 

6 hours ago, wiseowl said:

It was always going to be the case that the best opportunity to go back up would be at the first attempt before the playing budget was slashed even further (we make losses so logic says the budget reduces year on year). From the moment we set up to play for a draw in the opening game it was clear that there was no ambition to go up this year which told me everything I needed to know.

Bunn clearly believed he didn't have a squad capable of taking on this dreadful league.

We have had a few decent runs but overall I think he was right. The squad is bang average.

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

No reason why that can't be repeated next season,

Not a chance with this 🤡 in charge!!

We’ll be in a relegation battle with yet another new squad including a shitload of AL’s imports playing on a shit pitch!

Our key players, Lang, Clarke, and Iversen will be gone maybe Edmundson & Baxter too!!

Its going to be really shit next season with record low crowds a certainty.

We have to get this idiot out of the club ASAP!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Not a chance with this 🤡 in charge!!

We’ll be in a relegation battle with yet another new squad including a shitload of AL’s imports playing on a shit pitch!

Our key players, Lang, Clarke, and Iversen will be gone maybe Edmundson & Baxter too!!

Its going to be really shit next season with record low crowds a certainty.

We have to get this idiot out of the club ASAP!

100%

Take out Iverson, Lang and to a degree Surridge and we would fighting it out with Macc and County this season, which club in there right mind will loan us a player knowing that Mo the fuckwit is going to stick is oar in when he feels like it?

It's okay though we can all blame Pete Wild seven games into next season as ultimately the buck always stops with the manager when everything goes pear shaped.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

I hardly post on here these days partly because of the infighting and back biting but I think the time for silly points scoring has passed. 

I’ve been a very vocal and outspoken critic of the trust over the years, believing it to have too little direction, being far too close to the club and lacking purpose. However, recent developments have shown the trust give a call to arms and despite its previous faults it is still the best vehicle we have to challenge the owner and try to put a plan in place to secure the future of the club. The letter was the right way to go, we have to do things the right way, we have to convince AL to share dialogue if he chooses not to then we find other legal means to ramp up the pressure on him. The club and the fans are the victims in this mess not AL despite his bleeding heart interview on Sky - which was taken apart by Scholes on Saturday night.

I feel the future of the club is at risk, even more so than in 2003 as we have no unique selling point given the carving up of the club by Blitz and co. The fan base has become increasingly fractured and confrontational if there’s disagreements. Now is the time for us to pull together our decreasing numbers and show AL this our club and it still will be in whatever form it survives this mess.

For all the reasons above I rejoined the Trust last week myself, wife and two kids and I’ll help in anyway I can to ensure we still have a club to support.

However, I’ve been still not renewed our STs and that’s a biggie for me, I’m depriving the club of vital income but if I can’t be sure what AL’s plans for the club are then I’m not financing his lunacy. 

Once we have a plan in place, one that has clear direction to move forward for the good of Oldham Athletic I’ll renew, not until and it kills me. 

Thats exactly how I feel and will not renew while AL is still here.....I hope the reaction of the fans and financial shortfall will persuade him to cut his losses and do one.

I am really fearful for our survival and although not knowing where a boycott/protest might take us, I just cannot support this 🤡 any longer in any shape or form!

Edited by oafc1955

It's very poor form by the owner not to have responded.

I do wonder whether he is close to appointing a director/s (remember the non-exec positions advertised for fans' rep/s?), with a view to then holding a proper board meeting ASAP thereafter (including the Trust rep) and hopes that will quell some of the (now somewhat muted) anger.

It's about the only logical conclusion I can come to - it still doesn't excuse him not responding and telling us that (if it does, indeed,  turn out to be the case).

I agree with OAFC1955 and OAFCprozac. I too have recently joined the Trust and this community as feel strongly for both the Clubs survival and the way the fans are being treatment. I too would be willing to provide donations etc but right now I have no idea where the money would end up.

The posts show a common theme..love for the Club and years of frustration. Unfortunately it also shows we are not joined up with no common  plan of what to do, although I know the Trust is working this which is great. Without a plan, there is no need for AL to  do anything or try to divide the fan base as we already are

Let's ask why AL bought whatever he bought.. because he 'supports' the club..or to make money...?

He bought  a 'business' which will be part of his overall Business Plan....he is not stupid....and to make money directly or indirectly. That may or may not align with what the fans want...survival and success. His business culture is not aligned to open and honest communication..not suprised as I have experience of the Business culture in his part of the World..that's just the way it is.

So AL ignoring the Trust letter may be part of his goal to alienate the fans...even more...or not something he knows how to deal with...or doesn't feel the need to respond. However, I struggle to understand why he would deliberately want to risk revenue from a loyal fan base and team success. Even if he is using the Club as a 'shell' to develop players as a 'French League Reserve Team',  success on the pitch increases their value etc.

Not going to matches is one option but I worry this will kill the Club as you raise.  There are things we can do such as work with the Council and restrict options for the development of the Ground limiting it's resale value...but   the one thing we must do is stick together...help the Trust by sharing ideas and strengthen their position.

Before you ask.. I have been a supporter for 40 years..lived through the success and challenging years...aware of the history and detail of previous regimes...agree we take lessons learnt but balanced against focus on the future.

Keep the Faith and let's stick together.

14 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It's very poor form by the owner not to have responded.

I do wonder whether he is close to appointing a director/s (remember the non-exec positions advertised for fans' rep/s?), with a view to then holding a proper board meeting ASAP thereafter (including the Trust rep) and hopes that will quell some of the (now somewhat muted) anger.

It's about the only logical conclusion I can come to - it still doesn't excuse him not responding and telling us that (if it does, indeed,  turn out to be the case).

With regards to club board, Fit and proper has to be passed, all the legal stuff signed off with a solicitor ect with that and you have to give EFL notification of who they are (I think 10 days notice) before any board meetings. I think that's right but happy to be corrected

Question for the Trust. If he responds to your letter this week (late, of course) because he had the Gas board in last week, we have now got sprinklers for the pitch and he has finally paid some pension contributions, how will that go down with you lot...? 

Edited by Lee Sinnott

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What happens if he doesn’t pay it? 

Winding up order against the club to force payment. 

So the fans will have to take the risk of putting the club in admin or, more likely, liquidation.  We don’t have the assets or income to fund admin, so it’s liquidation and a new club in the 9th tier I think. 

3 hours ago, OAFC1958 South said:

On the basis he surely doesn't want to watch his Bank Account balance reduce by 000,000s for nothing...or may be I'm stupid..no comment.

Well then he’s stupid. Fans have turned because of his actions and inactions. Therefore his bank balance is plummeting.

*Also, he ‘didn’t know what he was buying’. 

30 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Winding up order against the club to force payment. 

So the fans will have to take the risk of putting the club in admin or, more likely, liquidation.  We don’t have the assets or income to fund admin, so it’s liquidation and a new club in the 9th tier I think. 

We’d have a home to build the Phoenix from in this scenario though.... with no debts.... and could live within our means, which would be better than most of teams we’d be competing with until we got to Tier 5.

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 1