Trust Letter to AL

11 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

While many of your points are valid you are starting to suck the life out of yet another thread

I’m just trying to establish if perhaps there is actually a plan that the majority of us are not privy too, possibly tied in with the ground purchase plan... the details of which we are also not aware of.  

There is something going on behind the scenes at the Trust with potential ground ownership etc.  They admit that and we know that, we just don’t know what it is. I’m surprised people aren’t equally as interested in that. I’m very interested in it. 

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m just trying to establish if perhaps there is actually a plan that the majority of us are not privy too, possibly tied in with the ground purchase plan... the details of which we are also not aware of.  

There is something going on behind the scenes at the Trust with potential ground ownership etc.  They admit that and we know that, we just don’t know what it is. I’m surprised people aren’t equally as interested in that. I’m very interested in it. 

I’m nothing to do with the Trust any more. 

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ok I get that.Possibly for commercial reasons we have to accept an element of confidentiality until/if something progresses

5 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Ok I get that.Possibly for commercial reasons we have to accept an element of confidentiality until/if something progresses

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

No possibly about it, we’ve been outright told. Some people are just nosier than others.

Fine. So long as interests are shared ASAP to declare any potential conflicts of interest that may exist. There’s a power grab going on here. 

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's probably not the time to protest or boycott right now.... 

I think this is one of the major points of contention i.e. so when is the right time?

Is it when we get to a "Bury like" situation whereby things are so dire that there is precious little time to mobilise anything effective? (have a read of Bury's forum/s and see the farcical situation around "Forever Bury" (their Supporters' Direct endorsed organisation) - it would be comical were it not so serious.

We either think there is a problem with the ownership, or we don't (and there may well be these 2 camps - judging by previous comments regarding a Facebook Group of fans).

If we do think there's a problem, then the season's end is nigh - IF the fans (or a section of them) have the stomach to do anything meaningful, then surely it has to be before the season's end? - and the considerable "free television publicity" offered by the upcoming televised game seems like too good a chance to pass by.

I had a meeting with Andy b from the Trust the other day and (off my own back) gave an undertaking not to comment on Trust matters on here anymore - and I will keep that promise as I appreciate they are a force for the good of the fans. In fact, I apologise if I have given the appearance of being "anti-Trust" previously - they have my support.

A real benefit generally, from a fans' perspective, would be to unite us all. Is this Facebook Group, for example, seriously supporting the owner or is it just one leading individual's view? If there are large numbers supporting the owner presently, I`d say we're on a hiding to nothing. We simply don't have a large enough fan base for us to be split. It would allow AL to simply say, "This % fully endorse what I am doing" whilst "That % over there are against me despite me giving them a free scarf - I just don't understand it".

United we will win. Divided we won't.

13 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Disappointing but not surprising outcome. Misjudged in my opinion. 

13 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Irrelevant. It could have been what it was or a one liner. If he doesn't deign to answer the conclusion is the same. 

I don’t actually understand this post Dave 👀 

What are you saying is irrelevant? My opinion that AL’s non response was misjudged?  

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Aha! Just to clarify, I think that AL has made an error of judgement in simply ignoring the letter. I wonder if we will belatedly hear from him now that Scholes has had his say? 

...and it will be through the media so he can have his say.  

This Clown has no interest whatsoever in the fans.  If he had, he would have been in regular contact with the fans even before the meeting or suggestion of a letter.  

If if he’s in country and I’m residence at the stadium then turn up and demand a meeting.  He said his door is always open.  If he refuses at that point then his contempt is irrefutable....even though it’s clearly evident and has been since he arrived here.

The saddest part is there is no viable way out. 

If AL pays the bills, there is nothing we can do about it. Literally nothing. 

I did think that maybe if the fans group bought the ground, they could put the rent up on AL, but then he would just slash the playing budget further, and the downward spiral continues. 

Very depressing. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The saddest part is there is no viable way out. 

If AL pays the bills, there is nothing we can do about it. Literally nothing. 

I did think that maybe if the fans group bought the ground, they could put the rent up on AL, but then he would just slash the playing budget further, and the downward spiral continues. 

Very depressing. 

He pays the bills mainly through league payments and ticket sales, we can certainly affect the latter.

Smoke the Clown out.....

1. Fan-led consortium buys the ground and hikes up the rent

2. Boycott all home games and not buy season tickets 

3. No income from point 2 will expose whether the Clown can fund the club on his own, which at the moment is highly unlikely

4. Players strike if not paid and creditors force club into administration - of which the (new) stadium owners will be a major creditor 

5. Force the Clown to sell at a loss or to hand over to the major creditor

We still do not know what the debts were when he acquired the club and what they are now.  Deferring the release of company accounts has set the alarm bell ringing.  Debts may not be great but if this Clown is potless then it could be minimal. 

Yes theres no guarantees of someone else coming forward but if the fan-led consortium owns the ground then funding a team after administration regardless of the league is viable.

• Like 2

Just now, League one forever said:

Probably not, I should of said if he pays enough to keep the club out of court, and the players going on strike. 

We pay bills based on what comes through the gate. Which is less than our overall expenditure.

I'm not sure it enough to keep us out of court though....

32 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Smoke the Clown out.....

3. No income from point 2 will expose whether the Clown can fund the club on his own, which at the moment is highly unlikely

4. Players strike if not paid and creditors force club into administration - of which the (new) stadium owners will be a major creditor 

We still do not know what the debts were when he acquired the club and what they are now.  Deferring the release of company accounts has set the alarm bell ringing.  Debts may not be great but if this Clown is potless then it could be minimal. 

Yes theres no guarantees of someone else coming forward but if the fan-led consortium owns the ground then funding a team after administration regardless of the league is viable.

^This.

28 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Smoke the Clown out.....

I’m up for all of that.

But it very likely means relegation. A lot on here, can’t see the benefit in taking 3 steps back to move forwards. An it will take the drastic steps above to make him think twice. Alas, it will never happen, because there isn’t enough people who want to ‘harm’ the club to get him out.