Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

We’d have a home to build the Phoenix from in this scenario though.... with no debts.... and could live within our means, which would be better than most of teams we’d be competing with until we got to Tier 5.

 

Yes we would. 

 

I’m not sure living within our means would necessarily work in Boundary Park having said that.  More than half of it is a ruin. Needs substantial expenditure (ie. flooring and starting again)

 

It would be a very long journey back imo. 

 

Also if people are naive enough to believe a trust run club wouldn’t eventually have ego issues and significant growing pains then they are deluded.  I reckon a decade or more to become a league club again... if it all went very, very well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

We’d have a home to build the Phoenix from in this scenario though.... with no debts.... and could live within our means, which would be better than most of teams we’d be competing with until we got to Tier 5.

How you paying the upkeep on the stadium playing at such a low level with hardly any away followings and a drastic reduction that would be required in ticket prices?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

We’d have a home to build the Phoenix from in this scenario though.... with no debts.... and could live within our means, which would be better than most of teams we’d be competing with until we got to Tier 5.

If this scenario ever arose, it would be prudent to ground share with Oldham Rugby as a starter for 10.

 

You would then mobilise the fan base of both e.g. get as many tradesmen/women as possible to give their time and labour for free regarding routine maintenance, have volunteer matchday stewards, arrange our own catering etc. Together with other prudent cost cutting, you may just have a chance (although I suspect we'd be back to using 3, maybe only 2 stands, for a while - again to save on outgoings).

 

It's a risky scenario simply because I`m not sure the Oldham public are easily enthused, so subsequently  building upwards would be hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

If this scenario ever arose, it would be prudent to ground share with Oldham Rugby as a starter for 10.

 

You would then mobilise the fan base of both e.g. get as many tradesmen/women as possible to give their time and labour for free regarding routine maintenance, have volunteer matchday stewards, arrange our own catering etc. Together with other prudent cost cutting, you may just have a chance (although I suspect we'd be back to using 3, maybe only 2 stands, for a while - again to save on outgoings).

 

It's a risky scenario simply because I`m not sure the Oldham public are easily enthused, so subsequently  building upwards would be hard.

Have enough 🥧  at half time we’d be quids in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wiseowl said:

It's very poor form by the owner not to have responded.

 

I do wonder whether he is close to appointing a director/s (remember the non-exec positions advertised for fans' rep/s?), with a view to then holding a proper board meeting ASAP thereafter (including the Trust rep) and hopes that will quell some of the (now somewhat muted) anger.

 

It's about the only logical conclusion I can come to - it still doesn't excuse him not responding and telling us that (if it does, indeed,  turn out to be the case).

That's not a logical conclusion, it's a wild guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

 

Winding up order against the club to force payment. 

 

So the fans will have to take the risk of putting the club in admin or, more likely, liquidation.  We don’t have the assets or income to fund admin, so it’s liquidation and a new club in the 9th tier I think. 

 

Do you think it’ll get that far?  Perhaps we’ll know more once the buyers of the stadium and land are identified but if they’re fans then a deal could be brokered if they’re one of the main creditors?  Buy the club back and hopefully greater transparency to fund a team within our means.  Remain in League 2 and work tirelessly for investment, sponsorship, benevolence

 

When The Clown is forced to disclose his accounts, hopefully we have one or two fans who have the accountancy knowledge to analyse the books and clarify exactly what debt there is.  I personally think he’s bullshitting us over the debts and it’s more a case of his inability to fund any of the running costs no matter how small. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How you paying the upkeep on the stadium playing at such a low level with hardly any away followings and a drastic reduction that would be required in ticket prices?

Put artificial grass down and rent it out.. maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, youngen said:

Has he replied yet?

Reckon we'll hear something before Monday to counter any potential protest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Reckon we'll hear something before Monday to counter any potential protest.

Thinking exactly the same, undermines any potential protest, blokes playing the fan base of against each other in typical shit peas fashion.

 

Some really can't see the wood for the trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Reckon we'll hear something before Monday to counter any potential protest.

Yep. Absolutely convinced this will happen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Reckon we'll hear something before Monday to counter any potential protest.

 

He has already gone some way to counter any potential protest by introducing the 'Wildy's at the Wheel' price concession (Adults £5 / Kids £1)

 

The Sky TV money will likely double an average home gate £revenue so I'm pretty sure a few protests won't affect him

 

Yesterdays announcement about Main Stand Season Ticket Holders having to relocate due to Sky having to build their camera gantry, gives a massive insight in to how badly the Club is organised, as we have known for weeks about the game being screened yet give fans less than a week to relocate 

 

I didn't expect him to reply comprehensively to the Trust letter but did expect him to at least say something

 

Blunder after Blunder  . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if this new group buy the ground and end up in a position they can take on the club the main difference is the income from the North Stand could well go into the club. That's never happened before and it would mean even if we are lower down the ladder than now we would have extra funds to support the team compared to many sides. 

 

People who think we should not starve AL of funds, do you not question where our FA cup run money went? The gas was cut off but a few weeks later, allegedly. We lost the wages contribution for Lydon and Surridge and replaced with youth players. Any penny you give to OAFC is very likely to be going directly back out of the club.

 

Make him need to give the thing away. Get the administrators to take it off him. If the ground sale comes off then we could be the self sustaining club many dream of. We just need rid of quite possibly the worst owner we have ever had. There is no way the club will get the money from the North Stand while AL owns the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spot on. That's why we should be hearing more about the ground purchase plan - that's the fallback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Clifford said:

if this new group buy the ground and end up in a position they can take on the club the main difference is the income from the North Stand could well go into the club. That's never happened before and it would mean even if we are lower down the ladder than now we would have extra funds to support the team compared to many sides. 

 

People who think we should not starve AL of funds, do you not question where our FA cup run money went? The gas was cut off but a few weeks later, allegedly. We lost the wages contribution for Lydon and Surridge and replaced with youth players. Any penny you give to OAFC is very likely to be going directly back out of the club.

 

Make him need to give the thing away. Get the administrators to take it off him. If the ground sale comes off then we could be the self sustaining club many dream of. We just need rid of quite possibly the worst owner we have ever had. There is no way the club will get the money from the North Stand while AL owns the club. 

 

Do you think the North Stand makes any money? I don't (as it stands).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

 

Do you think the North Stand makes any money? I don't (as it stands).

I doubt it too.

I work for a leisure company that converted to a charitable trust.

The savings made (mainly on VAT) enabled the site Iwork at go from a loss to profit making. I feel that is an avenue to be investigated, it may be in the pipeline. I hope it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

 

Do you think the North Stand makes any money? I don't (as it stands).

 

Would the OEC still be running if it wasn't making money?

 

With fan backing then the stand would make more money than it does currently as well IMO. For example if a gym membership there meant more money to OAFC i could see more fans joining up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the ground purchase even happening? One half hearted statement from the Trust a month ago and that’s it? Again, everything is shrouded in secrecy.

 

I wish some members of the Trust remembered this is about a 4th division football club, not the United Nations.

 

 

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clifford said:

 

Would the OEC still be running if it wasn't making money?

 

With fan backing then the stand would make more money than it does currently as well IMO. For example if a gym membership there meant more money to OAFC i could see more fans joining up. 

 

Depends on who's propping it up.

 

Agree that it could make money if managed correctly though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Is the ground purchase even happening? One half hearted statement from the Trust a month ago and that’s it? Again, everything is shrouded in secrecy.

 

I wish some members of the Trust remembered this is about a 4th division football club, not the United Nations.

 

 

As far as I know, yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clifford said:

 

Would the OEC still be running if it wasn't making money?

 

With fan backing then the stand would make more money than it does currently as well IMO. For example if a gym membership there meant more money to OAFC i could see more fans joining up. 

 

Add to previous. Yes, it would still be running. When I say it's losing money, it would be losing more if it wasn't open as there is still the loan to pay off. If they default on that then it would be repossessed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afternoon all. Worlds quickest update.

 

Trust will be updating fans immenantly with regards to chairman response to fan letter and next steps. Yes we got one which is good.

 

I am only updating this site with this info as I love you all....equally that is just to tick that box off...hahah.

 

Trust is trying to defuse a fans post on FB, that has been copied from this forum with the message that it is from the Trust with what our plan is. It is not

 

However, we cannot get onto that fan's FB page as everything is vetted before posting and Trust people were removed several weeks ago.

 

Ohh....I miss the days when as Dolly would say...."working 9 til 5..." and I missed a lot of the X files stuff.

 

TBA on update and this site will done as soon as I can copy and paste stuff in...hahah

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Afternoon all. Worlds quickest update.

 

Trust will be updating fans immenantly with regards to chairman response to fan letter and next steps. Yes we got one which is good.

 

I am only updating this site with this info as I love you all....equally that is just to tick that box off...hahah.

 

Trust is trying to defuse a fans post on FB, that has been copied from this forum with the message that it is from the Trust with what our plan is. It is not

 

However, we cannot get onto that fan's FB page as everything is vetted before posting and Trust people were removed several weeks ago.

 

Ohh....I miss the days when as Dolly would say...."working 9 til 5..." and I missed a lot of the X files stuff.

 

TBA on update and this site will done as soon as I can copy and paste stuff in...hahah

 

 

 

 

 

What is the post that’s been copied? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

 

What is the post that’s been copied? 

Believe it or not its something you were involved in with Midsblue I think on Monday when you both discussing possibility of liquidation/admin?

 

Its Midsblue  bullet points....I can only see a screen shot that someone has stuck on another OAFC site. I am on my laptop, let me see if I can get a photo from my phone and log back in on here.

 

Its shocking how he has taken someones opinion and twisted in.....I have no idea what Midsblue will think of it all.....TBA

 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/251730198199887/2360766997296186/?comment_id=2361140863925466&reply_comment_id=2361161347256751&notif_id=1555425535514050&notif_t=group_comment

 

No I can't seem to do it but the fan on the site who has copied into another fan forum and its the FB link above if it works

 

I am just flabberghasted...

 

 

 

 

Edited by underdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

 

What is the post that’s been copied? 

 

This one

chuckle clown.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...