Trust Letter to AL

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Afternoon all. Worlds quickest update.

Trust will be updating fans immenantly with regards to chairman response to fan letter and next steps. Yes we got one which is good.

I am only updating this site with this info as I love you all....equally that is just to tick that box off...hahah.

Trust is trying to defuse a fans post on FB, that has been copied from this forum with the message that it is from the Trust with what our plan is. It is not

However, we cannot get onto that fan's FB page as everything is vetted before posting and Trust people were removed several weeks ago.

Ohh....I miss the days when as Dolly would say...."working 9 til 5..." and I missed a lot of the X files stuff.

TBA on update and this site will done as soon as I can copy and paste stuff in...hahah

How long for this? I've been checking every minute for 3 hours 🤣

29 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I would absolutely love it if the Trust called this idiots bluff and started legal proceedings against him. 

This is spot on - I`m no lawyer but I have been involved in libel cases.

The problem is, that usually, you cannot get legal aid to pursue this type of claim.

Personally, I wouldn't call his bluff - The Trust should seriously consider pursuing him. At the very least a pre-action letter from a solicitor asking him to withdraw his defamatory statement, apologise for it and refrain from making any more (pointing out the dire possible financial consequences of any form of defamation) should stop him being a potential thorn in your side in the future.

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

This is spot on - I`m no lawyer but I have been involved in libel cases.

The problem is, that usually, you cannot get legal aid to pursue this type of claim.

I should bloody well hope legal aid isn't available! 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

I should bloody well hope legal aid isn't available! 

Bit simplistic, Dave.

Agree you can't open the floodgates for all the defamation that goes on via social media , for example. Most legal professionals believe, however, that legal aid should be available via "a test" - the apparent injustices of the "McLibel" case highlighted the problem (whereby huge corporation sues little you and me - and you still couldn't get legal aid to defend yourself). It's all very technical and boring though! 😵

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Its not even coming up on a Facebook search for me. Maybe I’m already banned! 😂

Me too

2 hours ago, Greenfield Latic said:

Its OK Im blocked from seeing the group in a facebook search too - the guy is a penis

He must have made a list of all OWTB members so he can block them. Bright lad this. <cough>

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Bit simplistic, Dave.

Agree you can't open the floodgates for all the defamation that goes on via social media , for example. Most legal professionals believe, however, that legal aid should be available via "a test" - the apparent injustices of the "McLibel" case highlighted the problem (whereby huge corporation sues little you and me - and you still couldn't get legal aid to defend yourself). It's all very technical and boring though! 😵

A bit simplistic? It was about a specific circumstance ; I'd be furious if my taxes were being used for that. 

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Oh, I hadn’t gone back far enough. 

Is Midsblue even a trust official? 

I need to get into this Facebook group, doubt I’ll last long though... 

I’ve tired , seems they aren’t  accepting  new members or I’m just unlucky with the answers I give to very basic oafc questions! Guess they have got wind of this site and won’t accept anyone new 

Do you reckon they’ll allow me to join the FB group?

F**k me, I didn’t think my post would cause so much grief but I’m glad it’s rattled their cage.  I cannot believe this bloke has the audacity to allege the Trust is crooked over my harmless comments.... it was my own personal view to prompt a reaction that is not only needed but long overdue.

Just to clarify; I’m not a representative of the Trust but a very frustrated fan who is even more disgusted over the Clown’s contempt of not only our fans but the Trust who represents the fans.  I pay to attend matches and poured tens of thousands into the club over the years so I trust (excuse the pun) that allows me a say and to vent my frustration.... my OWN opinion and NOT that of The Trust!

It’s taken days after a very lenient deadline set by the Trust to receive his reply and this latest reply from the Clown demonstrates even more contempt to us fans.  No detail around “his plans”, no clear commitment on his part, no addressing of our immediate concerns or answering to our questions but an even more worrying suggestion that the budget will be slashed even further next season.  The Clown is taking the club even further backwards and expected us fans to blindly buy STs in return for uncertainty, absence of ambition, meddling (Scholes has placed on record that The Clown dictated recruitment & selection - you going to sue him Lemsagam, eh?) and no evidence of what debts he inherited, what’s he paid out and what is future plans exactly are.

I’ll quiet down now and leave the Trust to decide next steps following the club’s “response”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Do you reckon they’ll allow me to join the FB group?

F**k me, I didn’t think my post would cause so much grief but I’m glad it’s rattled their cage.  I cannot believe this bloke has the audacity to allege the Trust is crooked over my harmless comments.... it was my own personal view to prompt a reaction that is not only needed but long overdue.

Just to clarify; I’m not a representative of the Trust but a very frustrated fan who is even more disgusted over the Clown’s contempt of not only our fans but the Trust who represents the fans.  I pay to attend matches and poured tens of thousands into the club over the years so I trust (excuse the pun) that allows me a say and to vent my frustration.... my OWN opinion and NOT that of The Trust!

It’s taken days after a very lenient deadline set by the Trust to receive his reply and this latest reply from the Clown demonstrates even more contempt to us fans.  No detail around “his plans”, no clear commitment on his part, no addressing of our immediate concerns or answering to our questions but an even more worrying suggestion that the budget will be slashed even further next season.  The Clown is taking the club even further backwards and expected us fans to blindly buy STs in return for uncertainty, absence of ambition, meddling (Scholes has placed on record that The Clown dictated recruitment & selection - you going to sue him Lemsagam, eh?) and no evidence of what debts he inherited, what’s he paid out and what is future plans exactly are.

I’ll quiet down now and leave the Trust to decide next steps following the club’s “response”

Give it a go! He needs calling out as often as possible!

14 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Me too

He must have made a list of all OWTB members so he can block them. Bright lad this. <cough>

I think he might have made the Group Secret. Now only him and depending on the settings possibly members can add someone. He'll be able  to see who added each person, so a mass adding of people won't work.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1711140049112252/

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

The facebook group have published the letter in full, so can we have it published in full on here ? that way we can all have an equal view, and confirm that it was indeed the same letter. 

Yep.  We've got no obligation to keep any of it confidential, especially as it's now in the public domain.

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

The facebook group have published the letter in full, so can we have it published in full on here ? that way we can all have an equal view, and confirm that it was indeed the same letter. 

http://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/51106-club-response-to-trust-letter/?do=findComment&comment=1022617

Edited by singe

Interestingly 3 people have taken OAFC (2004) to an Industrial Tribunal. 2 withdrew, 1 (Fitzgerald) got award £1,700 for unfair deductions. Fitzgerlad was just as AL was hanging around, the other 2 withdrew and presumably settle beforehand.

Moisley

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5c8b812ae5274a4c31d221e7/Mr_M_Moisley_v_Oldham_Athletic__2004__Association_Football_Club_Ltd_-_2417262_2018_-_Preliminary_-_Withdrawal.pdf

Fitzgerald. (he was the seemingly dodgy  Commercial guy IIRC

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/59b14a52ed915d09879e3010/Mr_K_Fitzgerald_v_Oldham_Athletic__2004__Association_Football_Club_Ltd_24029392017_Final.pdf

Steve Cross

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5c82581ced915d07cf4c2f01/Mr_S_Cross_v_Oldham_Athletic_-_2413455_2018_-_Judgment.pdf

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

Yep.  We've got no obligation to keep any of it confidential, especially as it's now in the public domain.

I can understand  the waryness to not leave the Trust open to court action though after the fans saga at Blackpool.

Edited by BP1960

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So they must have thought it could possibly leave the the Trust open to court action?

I don't know but presumably they had their reasons.

Not sure what the fuss is about anyway, Lemsagams version just appears to be him crying once more that he didn't know what he was buying and having to spend money on something that he owns.