Trust Letter to AL

18 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

What is all the rush about with you lot?

A few days ain't gonna make any difference now and there's nowt you lot all criticising the Trust can do about it anyway.

If you really wanted to know immediately then you should have joined the trust and could have attended the meeting.

Joining the trust didn’t allow you to attend the meeting. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, underdog said:

It was a club run meeting and the Trust were the guest so it would be wrong for the Trust to comment at this stage.

There will be a joint statement out next week

Thanks

Did you have to sign an NDA as a pre-condition for the meeting?

8 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

You cannot become a director who attended without joining the trust. You have to start somewhere.

None of you have managed to explain why you need to know now.

Nobody NEEDS to know. Same way the trust don't NEED to know next season's budget and don't NEED to know the answer to some of the other questions they've been asking. 

Just comes across as very hypocritical from am organisation that bangs on about openness.

They were the first to say AL's letter didn't answer the questions asked.

Then the trust go quiet too after they get the meeting they've been demanding refusing to say what's gone on

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nobody NEEDS to know. Same way the trust don't NEED to know next season's budget and don't NEED to know the answer to some of the other questions they've been asking. 

Just comes across as very hypocritical from am organisation that bangs on about openness.

They were the first to say AL's letter didn't answer the questions asked.

Then the trust go quiet too after they get the meeting they've been demanding refusing to say what's gone on

But the meeting happened Friday, it's now only Sunday on a bank holiday weekend. 

If someone had come out of that meeting Friday and quick fire tweeted off some bullet points, there would have been plenty of people jumping down their throats either demanding further detail or having a go for not being professional enough to release the information correctly.

I really don't see the problem in waiting a few days for them to put together their summary of the meeting and potential next steps or whatever.  Yes we're all keen to know what is happening, but why does everything have to be instant?  "Refusing to say what's gone on" is a bit of a melodramatic interpretation.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

But the meeting happened Friday, it's now only Sunday on a bank holiday weekend. 

If someone had come out of that meeting Friday and quick fire tweeted off some bullet points, there would have been plenty of people jumping down their throats either demanding further detail or having a go for not being professional enough to release the information correctly.

I really don't see the problem in waiting a few days for them to put together their summary of the meeting and potential next steps or whatever.  Yes we're all keen to know what is happening, but why does everything have to be instant?  "Refusing to say what's gone on" is a bit of a melodramatic interpretation.

This all day can't see why people are jumping to conclusions here.

56 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This all day can't see why people are jumping to conclusions here.

Expecting the trust to work on a bank holiday weekend when they aren't even paid. Would any of those whining do it? 

40 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

Expecting the trust to work on a bank holiday weekend when they aren't even paid. Would any of those whining do it? 

They came on to tell us they couldn't talk about it. They could have given a brief few points to what it was about

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They came on to tell us they couldn't talk about it. They could have given a brief few points to what it was about

No they haven't Underdog has said quite clearly above that their will be joint statement next week.

1 hour ago, Handsy said:

I wonder how many of these people asking for information from a trust meeting are actually members of the trust 

Thought the trust represented ALL fans ? And BTW I’m not that interested or even bothered what’s gone on in this meeting tbh. AL is only gonna say what he thinks we want to hear. I’d rather see some action than being fed bullshit. 

Morning everyone....not pretty yesterday at all footywise

Okay let me summarise Friday meeting.

The meeting was not arranged by the Trust, it was arranged by the club/chairman, we were asked that as many Trust directors could attend as possible. Some could not attend because of the time of day, short notice period.

I asked for an agenda or some idea why we were asked to attend, well if you are attending a meeting (verbally it was said meeting not chat ect)....you want to know what your are going there to discuss, do you need to bring anything with you, even who else was going to be there (we knew the chairman would be).

Personally for me, having some idea what I am going to a meeting about/who i am to meet sets the tone of how I dress ...formal/informal.....I know silly but that is me. I got no answer back from the club.

So we "presumed" it would be about the recent fan letter and that is what we agreed, would be our focus on if it was and how fans, club, chairman and Trust can move forward together and a joint statement will be coming out next week.

Thanks for your patience.

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

The meeting was not arranged by the Trust, it was arranged by the club/chairman, we were asked that as many Trust directors could attend as possible. Some could not attend because of the time of day, short notice period.

I asked for an agenda or some idea why we were asked to attend, well if you are attending a meeting (verbally it was said meeting not chat ect)....you want to know what your are going there to discuss, do you need to bring anything with you, even who else was going to be there (we knew the chairman would be).

Personally for me, having some idea what I am going to a meeting about/who i am to meet sets the tone of how I dress ...formal/informal.....I know silly but that is me. I got no answer back from the club.

So we "presumed" it would be about the recent fan letter and that is what we agreed, would be our focus on if it was and how fans, club, chairman and Trust can move forward together and a joint statement will be coming out next week.

And was it about the fans letter or something else ?

16 minutes ago, underdog said:

All those words to say we're saying nothing, not even what the meeting was about...

I hope the statement is more than "AL has given us a tickle on our bellies and said he'll do the best he can with what he's got and The Trust fully support him in his no actual words of any meaning"

Edited by mcfluff1985

25 minutes ago, underdog said:

Jesus Christ it’s a 4th division football club. We’re not talking about threats to national security here jesus wept.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Exactly what I just said

So a joint is talking about isnt it?

Their may well be legal ramifications about what was said in the meeting. In which case taking your time to choose your words regarding any public statement is the best option. Lets just wait and see what that statement says first.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Ahead of this joint statement, please could you answer if it did indeed answer the questions in your letter or not?  Also, as a result of the meeting, are those Trust attendees happier or not regarding the immediate and longer term future of the club?

None of the above would compromise any NDA.

I’m a tad mystified that the Trust, acting on behalf of fans questions, now has to agree a joint statement with the owner.  I’m not suggesting us against them but why is this now a ‘joint’ statement - I want your view not one that’s been mutually agreed before issue.

• Like 1