Trust Letter to AL

7 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Westley would take us up. 

😂
Don't do drugs kids.

On what basis is that? 
90% of his success is non league. His one success at this level -and his last achievement of note as well, was 8 years ago. With a much better funded club than we are. 

I still can’t believe after the fans meeting with the Trust back in April, we are now in the middle of May, the likes of Wild, Clarke, Baxter have gone, Edmundson wants out, the likes of Benteke are getting new deals, yet the only progress made is a member of the Trust becoming part of Abdallah’s board of directors.

It fucking stinks.

Edited by sjk2008
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I still can’t believe after the fans meeting with the Trust back in April, we are now in the middle of May, the likes of Wild, Clarke, Baxter have gone, Edmundson wants out, the likes of Benteke are getting new deals, yet the only progress made is a member of the Trust becoming part of Abdallah’s board of directors.

It fucking stinks.

Can't really blame recruitment on the Trust...

5 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

....the only progress made is a member of the Trust becoming part of Abdallah’s board of directors....

...we/you should want this. By being a board director, it should grant Darren the right to see commercial info from which to scrutinise/question/challenge the owner and his running of the club!

Had enough time now. The Corney shenanigans probably bought him more than it should, from my point of view. It's now clearly evident that his intentions (whatever the fuck they are) aren't there for the benefit of Latics. There's something underhand going on and he must be benefitting from this shit show somehow.

Edited by longtimeblue

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Had enough time now. The Corney shenanigans probably bought him more than it should, from my point of view. It's now clearly evident that his intentions (whatever the fuck they are) aren't there for the benefit of Latics. There's something underhand going on and he must be benefitting from this shit show somehow.

Or he is just an idiot?

19 minutes ago, ddot_m said:

Or he is just an idiot?

Maybe. He's a (comparatively) rich man though. I just don't buy that someone who's done as well as him is as naive as he's painting himself out to be. Seems like he's buying time and there's got to be something in it for him. 

It was clear with the 'TTA'... Land/property was the aim. I assumed, given there was no property with Abdallah's purchase, his aim was to buy players cheap and sell for more (seemed logical and signings supported it). If that was the plan, he's not even following that through which makes me think there's an ulterior motive. What's in it for him?

3 minutes ago, ddot_m said:

Or he is just an idiot?

Or a dreamer.  I'm very sceptical re the notion of underhandedness; far more likely in my view that the owner and his entourage are just out of their depth.   Makes it all the odder that they haven't as far as I' aware recruited someone with significant experience of how the whole thing works.  As far as I can tell the club secretary is the only football administrator at the club and he doesn't appear to have the depth of experience one might expect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Can't really blame recruitment on the Trust...

I never did.  I'm stating that after seeing just who is being released and who doesn't want to stay on, after this was all spilled out in the fans meeting with the Trust last month, not to mention the incident with Gardner at the awards dinner, it's extremely disappointing that instead of worthwhile feedback as promised from the Trust, all we have seen is a member join the board of directors.  All the more concerning is that said trust member was, according to a few on here, going round at the dinner telling people Al was alright.

42 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I never did.  I'm stating that after seeing just who is being released and who doesn't want to stay on, after this was all spilled out in the fans meeting with the Trust last month, not to mention the incident with Gardner at the awards dinner, it's extremely disappointing that instead of worthwhile feedback as promised from the Trust, all we have seen is a member join the board of directors.  All the more concerning is that said trust member was, according to a few on here, going round at the dinner telling people Al was alright.

Course he's alright the fingers are in the pie.

53 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

What happened with Gardner at the awards ? I’m guessing AL asked him to pas the salt but it never made it to the desired area ? Did he pass it a couple of times backwards then lose it ? 

In in all seriousness what happened ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, singe said:

😂
Don't do drugs kids.

On what basis is that? 
90% of his success is non league. His one success at this level -and his last achievement of note as well, was 8 years ago. With a much better funded club than we are. 

One more success than Wild, Bunn or Scholes.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

Feedback on what? Trust's only job at the minute is get back what is theirs/ours, that being the seat on the board and the representation that comes with that. Which they appear to be doing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Didn’t the Trust promise a more detailed and formal statement this week? 

They did, I believe Thursday was mentioned. Should be interesting!

Edited by jorvik_latic

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

One more success than Wild, Bunn or Scholes.

Is this the Westley that managed an reasonable career at Stevenage?  He had three goes at it.

The Westley that went to Preston and pissed the players off by sending them text messages at 3am telling them who was playing and who wasn't?

The Westley whose players were so hacked off with him that they reneged over the training?

The Westley whose players were so hacked off with him that they told their opponents (Sheff Wed, IIRC) what team he'd be putting out?

The Westley who Preston sacked?

The Westley who went to Peterborough and was sacked after 7 months?

The Westley who went to Newport almost guaranteeing them promotion and nearly got them relegated before being sacked?  Newport County club secretary Graham Bean resigned, saying "Graham Westley is an impossible man to work with... he needs to learn some manners and start treating people with some respect".

The Wesley who then managed Barnet and was sacked after 2 months, playing 11 games and winning just two? He hasn't worked in football for over a year since.

You still want him? One feature is that he's a total head case, so it would be a battle between him and Doink the Clown to find out who's the biggest. Answers on the back of a postcard.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

What happened with Gardner?

14 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Is this the Westley that managed an reasonable career at Stevenage?  He had three goes at it.

The Westley that went to Preston and pissed the players off by sending them text messages at 3am telling them who was playing and who wasn't?

The Westley whose players were so hacked off with him that they reneged over the training?

The Westley whose players were so hacked off with him that they told their opponents (Sheff Wed, IIRC) what team he'd be putting out?

The Westley who went to Newport almost guaranteeing them promotion and nearly got them relegated before being sacked?  Newport County club secretary Graham Bean resigned, saying "Graham Westley is an impossible man to work with... he needs to learn some manners and start treating people with some respect".

The Wesley who then managed Barnet and was sacked after 2 months, playing 11 games and winning just two? He hasn't worked in football for over a year since.

You still want him? One feature is that he's a total head case, so it would be a battle between him and Doink the Clown to find out who's the biggest. Answers on the back of a postcard.

Looks like him an AL are made for each other.....I have already cancelled my season ticket...IF things improve, I will go on a match to match basis.

24 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Newport County club secretary Graham Bean resigned, 

What's he doing now  He was head of complianc eat the EFL - be an ideal recuit (in some ways...)

Edit:  CEO of Chesterfield.  Appears to be a club trying to do things properly.

Edited by Dave_Og

39 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

The Westley who Preston sacked? So what! We've just finished 14th in League Two I'm sure whoever we appoint will have been sacked at some point. Hardly have a queue of glowing managers waiting. 

He's a decent record at this level, knows the non league free agent market well and I feel he'd have a decent season with us.