Trust Letter to AL

Just now, oafcshuck said:

The Westley who Preston sacked? So what! We've just finished 14th in League Two I'm sure whoever we appoint will have been sacked at some point. Hardly have a queue of glowing managers waiting. 

He's a decent record at this level, knows the non league free agent market well and I feel he'd have a decent season with us. 

His record is not decent at this level.

His record is decent at non league, but that was  a decade ago.

It would be like getting Brian Talbot back.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm expecting the Trust to pop along either tonight or tomorrow and say that it was indeed personal reasons Wild left...

Too busy counting the cash in the brown envelope that was slid across the table at their meeting that went so well

4 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Too busy counting the cash in the brown envelope that was slid across the table at their meeting that went so well

I’m far from impressed with the trust but this is an idiotic thing to say. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m far from impressed with the trust but this is an idiotic thing to say. 

Obviously its very tongue in cheek..

The turnaround in opinion is ridiculously quick based on one meeting which we've heard snippets from. All of a sudden he's not so bad... 

Listen to the people who have left.... The players, managers, staff... All saying hos actions speak louder than his words. Its time to hold him to account and i dont think this trust is in a position to do this. 

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

By all accounts he wanted to rip Al’s head off whilst pissed up at the awards do.

If so, he deserves an award for going above and beyond the call of duty.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Obviously its very tongue in cheek..

The turnaround in opinion is ridiculously quick based on one meeting which we've heard snippets from. All of a sudden he's not so bad... 

Listen to the people who have left.... The players, managers, staff... All saying hos actions speak louder than his words. Its time to hold him to account and i dont think this trust is in a position to do this. 

Thumb pressed firmly down, I assure you. We’ve met and our presence has been felt. That will remain the case. That’s the start but it’s only that.

The owner knows our stance and expectations. We will monitor his next steps against those expectations

and follow up. There is still no substance or detail behind his aspirations and so we will keep a watching brief on that. We are really not in a position to make wild demands however. 

Its a process folks. You won’t get the earth shattering news many want overnight. I hesitate to say be patient but the trust is not the principal owner of the club, is not the decision maker and is not in control of the resources needed to make the changes everyone wants to see. 

Edited by Andy b
  • Like 3

The trust is as dead as a dodo! They get given lip service and then back the owner! No offence to this Darren guy, I’m sure he’s doing his best, but being there presenting awards without a care in the world ? I don’t know, personally i wouldn’t have attended. Also underdog, god love her, but she’s gone if the radar of late.....

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The trust is as dead as a dodo! They get given lip service and then back the owner! No offence to this Darren guy, I’m sure he’s doing his best, but being there presenting awards without a care in the world ? I don’t know, personally i wouldn’t have attended. Also underdog, god love her, but she’s gone if the radar of late.....

He was presenting the Trust members player of the year like they do every year. Underdog has been on holiday. 

29 minutes ago, latics22 said:

One of the trust just posted above, clearly not just blindly backing the owner. 

22 minutes ago, singe said:

Who ever tells your employer the real reason you are leaving?
A certain minority will give it all guns blazing and not hold back, but the vast majority give a false or very banal reason.

B-anal? As in shove your job up your arse?

41 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Thumb pressed firmly down, I assure you. We’ve met and our presence has been felt. That will remain the case. That’s the start but it’s only that.

The owner knows our stance and expectations. We will monitor his next steps against those expectations

and follow up. There is still no substance or detail behind his aspirations and so we will keep a watching brief on that. We are really not in a position to make wild demands however. 

Its a process folks. You won’t get the earth shattering news many want overnight. I hesitate to say be patient but the trust is not the principal owner of the club, is not the decision maker and is not in control of the resources needed to make the changes everyone wants to see. 

Typical impotent response I was expecting.

37 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

He was presenting the Trust members player of the year like they do every year. Underdog has been on holiday. 

I’m not trying to have a go genuinely, but where do you draw a line ? Turning up at events giving awards??? 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

I’m admittedly impatient to read these minutes and still question why they cannot be released sooner, which implies that they need Mr Lemsagam’s clearance and this further implies censorship.  Hopefully I’m wrong on this.

However, some of the accusations levelled at the Trust members tonight and what was or wasn’t discussed at this meeting is downright insulting.  We’re all fans here and we all want the same result - a successful football club with a long-term future.   

I do though, have to challenge the last paragraph of Andy B’s post above.  We are very much in control of the resources - if we boycott ST purchases, shirt purchases and any other form of income then we can influence our future.  Some may say this is the wrong approach but I fear that the days of mediation are behind us and regardless of our requests face-to-face, they will be ignored or met with lip service.  Furthermore; what is the latest on the fan-led purchase of the ground?  Surely this has a much larger influence on matters?

Take the retained list issued today.  Did it have to be released this week or next and before we’ve appointed a new manager?  This obviously indicates that Mr Lemsagam will be responsible for player recruitment regardless of who comes in.  Releasing Clarke without the decency of a contract negotiation is a major own goal.  This is a player who was ever present this season and scored 3 goals - 2 more than Benteke who’s receiving a contract extension.  Surely this should be the new managers decision but I fear that their appointment will not happen until deep into the transfer window and not until Lemsagam has blown most of the budget in his players.

Im still trusting the Trust to improve our position and influence the future direction of the club but again I question why can the minutes be issued sooner and what is causing the Trust optimism following this meeting?  Losing PW and dictating who stays and goes before a manager is appointed doesn’t fill me with much optimism.

Ive tried to remain civil in this post by referring to our owner as Mr Lemsagam.  However, I’m certain this will not last long as I anticipate yet another act of contempt to surface in the coming days.

Edited by Midsblue
  • Like 3