Trust Letter to AL

He’s basically fucked the trust up the arse! Give this meeting give assurances, Hang fire to agree final joint statement! Then in the mean time wild

is gone and the team is ripped apart! It’s a

poitless meaningless task !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Midsblue said:

I’m admittedly impatient to read these minutes and still question why they cannot be released sooner, which implies that they need Mr Lemsagam’s clearance and this further implies censorship.  Hopefully I’m wrong on this.

However, some of the accusations levelled at the Trust members tonight and what was or wasn’t discussed at this meeting is downright insulting.  We’re all fans here and we all want the same result - a successful football club with a long-term future.   

I do though, have to challenge the last paragraph of Andy B’s post above.  We are very much in control of the resources - if we boycott ST purchases, shirt purchases and any other form of income then we can influence our future.  Some may say this is the wrong approach but I fear that the days of mediation are behind us and regardless of our requests face-to-face, they will be ignored or met with lip service.  Furthermore; what is the latest on the fan-led purchase of the ground?  Surely this has a much larger influence on matters?

Take the retained list issued today.  Did it have to be released this week or next and before we’ve appointed a new manager?  This obviously indicates that Mr Lemsagam will be responsible for player recruitment regardless of who comes in.  Releasing Clarke without the decency of a contract negotiation is a major own goal.  This is a player who was ever present this season and scored 3 goals - 2 more than Benteke who’s receiving a contract extension.  Surely this should be the new managers decision but I fear that their appointment will not happen until deep into the transfer window and not until Lemsagam has blown most of the budget in his players.

Im still trusting the Trust to improve our position and influence the future direction of the club but again I question why can the minutes be issued sooner and what is causing the Trust optimism following this meeting?  Losing PW and dictating who stays and goes before a manager is appointed doesn’t fill me with much optimism.

Ive tried to remain civil in this post by referring to our owner as Mr Lemsagam.  However, I’m certain this will not last long as I anticipate yet another act of contempt to surface in the coming days.

You posted on a Wednesday complaining about the absence of minutes from a meeting which happened 2 working days ago. 

Dont know what line of work you are in but minutes from my meetings aren’t typically produced, signed off and issued in that timeframe.

53 minutes ago, Andy b said:

You posted on a Wednesday complaining about the absence of minutes from a meeting which happened 2 working days ago. 

Dont know what line of work you are in but minutes from my meetings aren’t typically produced, signed off and issued in that timeframe.

Depends upon the sensitivity of those minutes and gauging the audience willing to read those minutes.  This wasn’t a regular, standard review but a meeting that’s been chased for months.

This isn’t a criticism of Darren because he’s taken on a role that the majority of us fans wouldn’t want.  I just ‘thought’ that as we’ve waited so long for this meeting then the minutes would have been issued sooner.

Onto your second paragraph -

Wasn’t it more than just one Trust member present - therefore content can be agreed and signed off pretty quickly?

The Trust role operates outside of working hours and not typical 9-5 so what’s working days got to do with it?  Yes it’s unpaid but I do unpaid work too alongside my job and often produce stuff over weekends etc to compensate if I know the content is in demand.  I guess we all operate differently - not a good nor a bad thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Depends upon the sensitivity of those minutes and gauging the audience willing to read those minutes.  This wasn’t a regular, standard review but a meeting that’s been chased for months.

This isn’t a criticism of Darren because he’s taken on a role that the majority of us fans wouldn’t want.  I just ‘thought’ that as we’ve waited so long for this meeting then the minutes would have been issued sooner.

Onto your second paragraph -

Wasn’t it more than just one Trust member present - therefore content can be agreed and signed off pretty quickly?

The Trust role operates outside of working hours and not typical 9-5 so what’s working days got to do with it?  Yes it’s unpaid but I do unpaid work too alongside my job and often produce stuff over weekends etc to compensate if I know the content is in demand.  I guess we all operate differently - not a good nor a bad thing.

You are being unrealistic and demands to act quicker won’t be well received I am afraid. We won’t be bullied into doing things that we are not comfortable with or moving at a pace which is unreasonable. In fact, it’s likely to have the opposite effect. 

Fans will have to live with that. 

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

You are being unrealistic and demands to act quicker won’t be well received I am afraid. We won’t be bullied into doing things that we are not comfortable with or moving at a pace which is unreasonable. In fact, it’s likely to have the opposite effect. 

Bullied?  FFS.  It’s just an observation.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Not the best of phrases, sounds dictatorial like AL is accused by some of being.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

I work in the NHS and minutes are taken live, agreed live, and given/sent within the time frame of the meeting. 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

46 minutes ago, Andy b said:

You have illustrated my point perfectly. Thank you 

32 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Good to know.

Not my experience of business. 

I appreciate that there are some very unrealistic expectations of the Trust, in terms of what it can communicate and what it is able to achieve but I don't think responses like this are the way to go, if you want to engage the wider fanbase.

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, maddog said:

I work in the NHS and minutes are taken live, agreed live, and given/sent within the time frame of the meeting. 

I’m not overly impressed by what the Trust has said and done so far but, to be fair, the NHS probably have well drilled set protocols for taking minutes at meetings - I would doubt the drill for this one was that well rehearsed..

1 minute ago, Stevie_J said:

I appreciate that there are some very unrealistic expectations of the Trust, in terms of what it can communicate and what it is able to achieve but I don't think responses like this are the way to go, if you want to engage the wider fanbase.

Indeed.

AL doesn’t need to try very hard to divide the fanbase - we’re doing it all by ourselves!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I get that but I and others on the trust will not be treated like crap.

What I am trying to illustrate, and my counter point in all this, is that approaching the trust in the manner that a number do on here will not get fans very far either. No one wins then. 

We want the same things. Pls try and remember that. 

If you have no faith in the trust do something about it. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I’m not overly impressed by what the Trust has said and done so far but, to be fair, the NHS probably have well drilled set protocols for taking minutes at meetings - I would doubt the drill for this one was that well rehearsed..

Not at all. Every service is different. We just found that taking minutes away and asking someone to find time to type them up caused delays and frustration for others. So we changed it. It actually saves stress in the long run. I was pointing out that there are different ways to do things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

I get that but I and others on the trust will not be treated like crap.

What I am trying to illustrate, and my counter point in all this, is that approaching the trust in the manner that a number do on here will not get fans very far either. No one wins then. 

We want the same things. Pls try and remember that. 

If you have no faith in the trust do something about it. 

Suggestions were being made about the efficiency of providing minutes and getting that info to the people you (apparently) represent quicker. You openly welcome (apparently) ideas that would help the trust.

Yet you spit your dummy out and say things like some of your comments above.

Or do you have to hand over a tenner to have an opinion or make a suggestion?

Minutes in my line of business only take a week to produce if being redacted or altered in some way. If its just a literal written account of a discussion then I'd expect it to be quicker. Although if someone asked me to do it outside of working hours it would literally never get done. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, latics22 said:

However long they take is how long they take, however if you say they will be released this week. That needs to be stuck to.

Agreed. So far we've heard early this week, late this week and now Monday. 

I guess we all must be bullies for asking a genuine question as to why the minutes are taking so long to issue.  I’ll park it there but that accusation is not only laughable but divisive.

Anyway ..... Whilst these minutes are approved, the debacle rumbles on further....

Club states PW left due to personal reasons.  PW states he’s left because his direction differs to that of the owners.  Knowing PW is an OAFC fan and would only want the best for our club, this does again emphasise that the Clown’s plan will highly likely be different to 95% of the fans.  It also demonstrates that the Clown is fucking lying again.

If it’s going to take a further 4 days - sorry 2 working days - to produce, I hope they’re worth it and the Trust’s optimism is justified.  I’m afraid at moment every day brings even more concern from the mouth or actions of this fuckwit currently owning our club.  I emphasise currently because I hope he fucks off soon.... sad that I’m now preferring administration with him gone than the slow decline we’re experiencing with little or no reassurance from the owner.

Edited by Midsblue

8 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Spot on. The Trust is caught at the moment between a rock and a hard place but Andy B and co need to take a deep breath and appreciate that this is a highly emotional subject for all of us fans. I found AB's responses above disturbingly hostile. Of course it must be difficult if you feel the Trust is being put under pressure, but this is all about securing the future of the club and you need to win fans over, not alienate them, as SJ says.

In my opinion Abdallah is just using the Trust. Funny how he’s only invited them onto the board, after 16 months of completely ignoring their repeated attempts to contact, just as they’re mobilising the wider fanbase against him and calling for protests.

Once the fans have lost faith in the Trust for becoming a mouthpiece for the club he will fuck them off and go back to being the sole director running the club as he wishes knowing that the fans don’t have faith in the only vehicle which can hold him to account in any feasible way. 

Latics really have made me a cynical fucker... 

I don’t think the Trust realise how much damage they’re doing themselves by jumping into bed with the owner. This guy has lied to and ignored you since he became owner in January of last year yet you’re suddenly getting positive vibes because he’s finally offered you a seat on the board just as you’re mobilising the fans against him. The whole thing stinks.

I hope I’m wrong (I can’t stress this enough and I really appreciate that you are all volunteers) but I can’t see the Trust ever recovering from this if the owner continues to run the club as he is currently doing with them on the board of directors, the fans will lose faith very quickly. Please once Darren has become a director be firm with AL and stick to your principles - don’t be fooled by his lies.

• Like 2