Trust Letter to AL

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

In my opinion Abdallah is just using the Trust. Funny how he’s only invited them onto the board, after 16 months of completely ignoring their repeated attempts to contact, just as they’re mobilising the wider fanbase against him and calling for protests.

Can you not understand-the trust has a legal right to be represented on the board-they do not require an invitation. Getting the owner to recognise this is what they have to keep bashing away at and they finally seem to be getting some success.

4 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

The obsession with secrecy is baffling. Join the trust for an ego trip lads.

You constantly seem to mix up volunteers doing this for no other reward than the well being of the club and hence working in their own time with some sort of secrecy. They are not there to produce minutes instantly at your request.

I will ask again-what is the urgency? What are you going to do when you get said minutes-nothing but bitch on here.

6 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Can you not understand-the trust has a legal right to be represented on the board-they do not require an invitation. Getting the owner to recognise this is what they have to keep bashing away at and they finally seem to be getting some where. 

The 3% offers very little in terms of actual clout as can be seen for much of Corney's tenure too. 

Their involvement can be kept to an absolute minimum. 

It's good progress is being made, and important that continues in parallel but they will have more influence linked with the ground purchase than as shareholders. 

• Like 1

There is a feeling the Trust have not related to AL how much fans don't trust him and his brother.

Did they ask him if foreign imports was the policy with more recruitments not suitable like Vera?

Has he been asked straight out if he or his brother will have no say in future team selection or tactics?

Have they asked him if the budget will be drastically reduced next season?

These are yes and no questions to be minuted.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, singe said:

1 - The 3% offers absolutely nothing in terms of actual clout; history shows us that 

2 - ....but they will have more influence linked with the ground purchase than as shareholders. 

Re. 2 - my understanding is that the Trust are not directly linked to the proposed ground purchase. More that they are acting in an advisory/consultative/broker capacity on behalf of the fans' consortium that are exploring the deal. Apologies if I am wrong on that point but it is an important distinction to make.

30 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Re. 2 - my understanding is that the Trust are not directly linked to the proposed ground purchase. More that they are acting in an advisory/consultative/broker capacity on behalf of the fans' consortium that are exploring the deal. Apologies if I am wrong on that point but it is an important distinction to make.

Yes, it is because they have the AVC so first refusal and 6 months grace to enable a bid if one is submitted. I was meaning that their 3% is low in value that just being the link to the ground was more influential.

12 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I think it's less than that, more that the Trust had to be informed due to the AVC, but they're not linked to the buyers at all really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

So they're forming a board, appointing Darren to it and they'll be having annual meetings. Did I miss anything? This took a week to put together? 

Yes Jim,you missed the bit about the meeting not addressing the concerns raised  :clown: :jester: :clown:

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Yes Jim,you missed the bit about the meeting not addressing the concerns raised  :clown: :jester: :clown:

I wasn't expecting it to as they said earlier this week that wasn't what it was about. I just expected there to be more content with the time that's been taken... 

• Like 1

I rather fear we’ve been down this road before.....a trust/fans rep on the Board.....he or she will soon be unable to report back to the fans due to confidentiality and after a period of time will be offered a job at the club and the use, in perpetuity, of a red jumper for on camera work

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. Transparency and openness – we expect frequent and formal engagement with Trust Oldham and fans

• The club will engage the Trust through regular meaningful dialogue in a meeting with the whole of the board of the club and Trust Oldham.  Date and frequency to be set for this (potentially annually)     

🤔... could someone help me out here?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

1. Transparency and openness – we expect frequent and formal engagement with Trust Oldham and fans

• The club will engage the Trust through regular meaningful dialogue in a meeting with the whole of the board of the club and Trust Oldham.  Date and frequency to be set for this (potentially annually)     

So as useful as COG's first touch?

• Like 2

On 5/10/2019 at 10:45 PM, TheBigDog said:

Seems regular meetings with fans, this could be perhaps every couple of months, and an annual meeting with the board.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:14 PM, Ritchierich said:

I rather fear we’ve been down this road before.....a trust/fans rep on the Board.....he or she will soon be unable to report back to the fans due to confidentiality and after a period of time will be offered a job at the club and the use, in perpetuity, of a red jumper for on camera work

Come on, that's not fair. A red fleece at least, surely? Have budget cuts hit us so hard?

15 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Info on face book, trust we’re made to sign NDA About reason meeting only statutory accounts were allowed to be accessed.

If they had been told to sign an NDA then I would hope they would have said so.  Signing an NDA doesn’t prevent you from saying “we are subject to an NDA”

“Only” seeing statutory accounts is sufficient isn’t it?