Trust Letter to AL

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They have no power. My point exactly. This is why I said they're a pointless organisation. They cant change anything. 

Least they could do is update fans on the meetings they've had. And I don't mean commercially sensitive stuff.

You've literally just agreed with me in your post. Trust are powerless and AL can do practically what he wants till he gets bored

‘Least they could do is update fans.’

They do. . . they release what they can/are allowed. 

Then you say it’s not enough! 

I thought you just acknowledged the trust are powerless?

So why do you moan at people that you accept are no position to do what you want? 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

‘Least they could do is update fans.’

They do. . . they release what they can/are allowed. think we will have to disagree on that

Then you say it’s not enough! it isn't 

I thought you just acknowledged the trust are powerless? 

So why do you moan at people that you accept are no position to do what you want? they are powerless yet make out they can affect some change. They say they'll release minutes from meetings then dont. Just because people don't want to join the trust doesn't mean they wouldn't potentially find some of that information interesting. The trust are supposed to represent ALL fans

Dear all

I have had to review lately how much Trust stuff I do. Not just on the official sites but on social media pages. Yes the dreaded Work/volunteer/life balance....

Myself and others now and previously would always try and give an update to this site first but I am sorry to say, its getting too much to answer as we are not a 24/7 service.

I used to view this site as on the pitch stuff but it seems these days its Trust stuff so I have made a conscious decision that I need to wean myself off Trust stuff on here and be more professional and use the Trust official sites for communication.

So I have not won the lottery and buggered off......its just a personal choice that from now on I will use the two sites we have set up. Our official site and facebook site.

Link to the Trust official site is below

https://trustoldham.co.uk/

I will give you an update before I log of with regards to the Club/Trust meeting notes from 03/05/19. The notes were sent to the club for perusal on 08/05/19...well I am only human and can make a mistake as there were several people in the room at the time (16 of us in total). Some we did not know. 

There was no response by Friday 10th May so published the update on our site with regards to this. At the same time I forwarded the notes onto the club/Owner solicitors to see if they could push them through (there was one in attendance at the meeting).

As of today I still had no response. So I  have emailed a reminder to both club and club solicitor this AM to ask if they can give us an update/timescale.

We will update the Trust site with any developments.

Thanks everyone have a great post season, let the sunshine commence

Cheers

Edited by underdog
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Dear all

I have had to review lately how much Trust stuff I do. Not just on the official sites but on social media pages. Yes the dreaded Work/volunteer/life balance....

Myself and others now and previously would always try and give an update to this site first but I am sorry to say, its getting too much to answer as we are not a 24/7 service.

I used to view this site as on the pitch stuff but it seems these days its Trust stuff so I have made a conscious decision that I need to wean myself off Trust stuff on here and be more professional and use the Trust official sites for communication.

So I have not won the lottery and buggered off......its just a personal choice that from now on I will use the two sites we have set up. Our official site and facebook site.

Link to the Trust official site is below

https://trustoldham.co.uk/

I will give you an update before I log of with regards to the Club/Trust meeting notes from 03/05/19. The notes were sent to the club for perusal on 08/05/19...well I am only human and can make a mistake as there were several people in the room at the time (16 of us in total). Some we did not know. 

There was no response by Friday 10th May so published the update on our site with regards to this. At the same time I forwarded the notes onto the club/Owner solicitors to see if they could push them through (there was one in attendance at the meeting).

As of today I still had no response. So I  have emailed a reminder to both club and club solicitor this AM to ask if they can give us an update/timescale.

We will update the Trust site with any developments.

Thanks everyone have a great post season, let the sunshine commence

Cheers

Yeah. . . Yeah.  

But what’s ACTUALLY going on. . 

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If there were items requested not to be minuted at the meeting why not just publish the rest.

That's how I ran my committee meetings.

Hi BP

There were 4 guests of the club and I don't honestly know if I captured their names correctly or if they want it to be known that they attended the meeting.

I don't have their contact details so I was being polite by allowing the club to contact them as they were their guests for feedback. I also do not know if the club made any notes either to compare.

Maybe being too polite I suppose.

Cheers for the feedback I am a bit of a novice with it all

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If there were items requested not to be minuted at the meeting why not just publish the rest.

That's how I ran my committee meetings.

It's how school governance works too - part one (open), part two (closed)

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Is there anything as arcane as the world of school governance? 

Soul destroying 

It’s crazy, you have a head teacher with a masters in her job, who gets told of some do gooder how to do her job. But like oafc, apart from the do gooder bit

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

Do you understand what the trust is? Seriously? 

What power do you think they have over a private businessman whose company isn't in administration? The answer is none. 

It seems you want a bunch of volunteers to gain the trust of the owner so he tells them whatever little he chooses. Then you want them to out him, fully minute and publicise every word he says. .  Betraying what slither of cooperation there is.

To achieve what?

Force him to sell? To who?

He clearly loves the ego trip of owning a club. If he is paying the bills, and keeps us out of court. He is answerable to no one! 

My advice- stick the cricket on. 

👏 👏

This summer's batshittery does seem to have started early doesn't it.

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Again I will refer you to any number of my posts where I say AL is doing an awful job. You really need to see someone, your reading isn't up to much. Scholes, in my opinion, did bottle it, and SOME of AL's players are decent

Ha, shit my pants? What would it achieve? I thought the trust were open to suggestions? Look at their responses to people. They're clearly not. They say they'll inform the fans and keep people up to date. They don't. Silence from them at the minute

You seem a bit confused....

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Least they could do is update fans on the meetings they've had. And I don't mean commercially sensitive stuff.

4 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So they would answer those questions in person that they say they can't answer on here?

Fucking hell... :lol:

6 hours ago, underdog said:

Hi BP

There were 4 guests of the club and I don't honestly know if I captured their names correctly or if they want it to be known that they attended the meeting.

I don't have their contact details so I was being polite by allowing the club to contact them as they were their guests for feedback. I also do not know if the club made any notes either to compare.

Maybe being too polite I suppose.

Cheers for the feedback I am a bit of a novice with it all

The way I ran it everyone signed in and the names were minuted, even police officers.

Sometimes the police would ask for sensitive information about operations in the area not to be minuted. If they didn't make any such requests it was published, and very quickly as all else was agreed by the end of the meeting. There were no signed NDAs, just trust and common sense all around.

NDAs are hated because they are misused and smack of cover ups for powerful people.

Edited by BP1960

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We've been here before, they're nothing of the sort 

Depends who wants them and why. We have seen many cover ups revealed in the media where NDAs were designed to protect the rich and famous from scandals.

Another modern trend dreamed up by lawyers.

That's my opinion anyway.

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Depends who wants them and why. We have seen many cover ups revealed in the media where NDAs were designed to protect the rich and famous from scandals.

They've been used for a long time to protect sensitive business information in situations like acquisitions or mergers. That's why one was used during the acquisition of BP and I suppose the trust could be viewed as having "merged" with the club. The ones usually used to protect the rich from scandalous situations are gag orders, which are enforceable by the courts. NDAs aren't generally enforced, it's usually a case of the "deal" being taken off the table if sensitive data is leaked. 

43 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No, we haven't. You are talking about injunctions. They are completely different. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

No, we haven't. You are talking about injunctions. They are completely different. 

Ha. Its like deja vu all over again isn’t it.  

How many times have we gone over this with him !?!

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ha. Its like deja vu all over again isn’t it.  

How many times have we gone over this with him !?!

Drink, water, horse, lead, make, can you, a, to, water, make, drink, can't, you, but, it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BP1960 said:

The way I ran it everyone signed in and the names were minuted, even police officers.

Sometimes the police would ask for sensitive information about operations in the area not to be minuted. If they didn't make any such requests it was published, and very quickly as all else was agreed by the end of the meeting. There were no signed NDAs, just trust and common sense all around.

NDAs are hated because they are misused and smack of cover ups for powerful people.

They're a normal everyday part of conducting business discussions, to protect each party's confidential information by placing an obligation on the other party to keep such information confidential.  It's an important part of facilitating business transactions. There's nothing sinister about NDAs per se.