Trust Letter to AL

22 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

They're a normal everyday part of conducting business discussions, to protect each party's confidential information by placing an obligation on the other party to keep such information confidential.  It's an important part of facilitating business transactions. There's nothing sinister about NDAs per se.

Whatever happened to trust with being forced to sign such documents?

Obviosuly I understand the difference between an NDA and an injunction. And totally unmderstand the need to protect commecially senstive information.
But what worries me, having raised this with Darren, is the blanket NDA AND the lawyer sign off for the minutes. THe wrost case scanario is that someting untoward is found, or the need to blow the whistle cannot be done because of the NDA.

2 minutes ago, singe said:

Obviosuly I understand the difference between an NDA and an injunction. And totally unmderstand the need to protect commecially senstive information.
But what worries me, having raised this with Darren, is the blanket NDA AND the lawyer sign off for the minutes. THe wrost case scanario is that someting untoward is found, or the need to blow the whistle cannot be done because of the NDA.

I could be massively wide of the mark here, but what if what was discussed and covered by the NDA was about the state the previous regime left the club in. Perhaps there is a legal case in the offing or perhaps happening and if any details were to get out in the public domain it could affect that case.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Whatever happened to trust with being forced to sign such documents?

Nobody has ever been forced to sign an NDA.  I respect your football knowledge and acknowledge that it is deeper than mine. But on this subject I'm afraid you are talking nonsense. 

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

I could be massively wide of the mark here, but what if what was discussed and covered by the NDA was about the state the previous regime left the club in. Perhaps there is a legal case in the offing or perhaps happening and if any details were to get out in the public domain it could affect that case.

Of course, plenty of info needs to be held back. But the current situation is entire meetings are subject to NDA and lawyer appoval, so even if they discused Gordon's charity cricket match or running out of Waggon Wheels that will be subject to NDA and lawyer approval of the minutes. Say it was to promoting the charity cricket match, that could be delayed because of a point in the minutes. It's the blanket nature that concerns me, not the confidential stuff. I was never one for thinking that the Trust share entitled us to play myfootballclub. Given the last two incumbents have gone onto to work for the club, it is a significant concern, who knows if they witheld info because of the promise of a job?

Edited by singe
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Worse case what could they do to your average joe if you broke a NDA

A lot. Don't forget Darren and others run small businesses.

It would be realtively open and shut, so damages, for loss of business so season ticket sales could be significant,  and fees fees.
It's not a huge corporation, snad the club could come to significant harm so easy to press, even something an Administrator might argue to push for.

They would be insane to break it.
I tihnk the Trust should get legal advice and try and narrow the scope and limt liability, but of course they want to be let in so the owner hold most of the aces.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:15 AM, underdog said:

..... so I have made a conscious decision that I need to wean myself off Trust stuff on here and be more professional and use the Trust official sites for communication.

Commendable decision Underdog. Will stop the incessant questioning via here - I know from experience, that it's impossible to communicate to the satisfaction of all via this message board. Some don't grasp the context of what is said, others disagree for the sake of it, some do it out of mischief and there are a few genuinely malicious people too.

Everyone now knows where to go for Trust updates - well done. First signs of a professional and properly thought-out "communications policy" from the Trust.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Commendable decision Underdog. Will stop the incessant questioning via here - I know from experience, that it's impossible to communicate to the satisfaction of all via this message board. Some don't grasp the context of what is said, others disagree for the sake of it, some do it out of mischief and there are a few genuinely malicious people too.

Everyone now knows where to go for Trust updates - well done. First signs of a professional and properly thought-out "communications policy" from the Trust.

An allocated Q&A session a few days before each Trust meeting would be a good policy (possibly via Facebook). The trust could then discuss issues at the meeting and issue a formal, planned set of responses. 

On 5/16/2019 at 11:44 AM, Dave_Og said:

Nobody has ever been forced to sign an NDA.  I respect your football knowledge and acknowledge that it is deeper than mine. But on this subject I'm afraid you are talking nonsense. 

Is this a collective NDA or individual concerns, what happens the those in the Trust who won''t sign an NDA,  are they sacked?

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Anybody else gone past exasperation and had a little chuckle at BP?

His comments are keeping this ridiculous thread going, and yes they do make me smile Monty as i picture the usual suspects pulling their hair out .

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Apols if posted elsewhere;

https://trustoldham.co.uk/trust-club-meeting-notes-from-03-05-19/

I'm particular drawn to the suggestion that Mr. Lemsagam says he is increasing our playing budget next season by a significant amount.

It says "playing budget for next year is 100% better than this season".

The new board will also comprise AL, ML, BO (Barry Owen I presume), AM (Legal Adviser from Brandsmiths), and Darren Ratcliffe (Trust Rep).

Can anyone decipher all the initials from the attendees?

14 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Which should mean that the playing budget for next season is double what it was for this season.  But could mean that the club is simply guaranteeing that it will be better than this season.

Quite a difference between the 2 though.

19 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

The new board will also comprise AL, ML, BO (Barry Owen I presume), AM (Legal Adviser from Brandsmiths), and Darren Ratcliffe (Trust Rep).

Can anyone decipher all the initials from the attendees?

Hi Mark.

There were 4 guests from the club and it has not been clarified if they want to be know. So I will keep them as initials.

Club: AL is Abdallah Lemsagam, ML is Mohammed Lemsagam, BO is Barry Owen, AM...his name escapes me but if you google Brandsmiths solictitors based in London and Manchester it is the owner of the company and DR is Trust rep Darren Ratcliffe.

Trust: Myself Tracy Wright, Darren Ratcliffe, Mark Harrington, Mike Green, Philippa Whittaker and Kenny Hopwood.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Edited by underdog

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hi Mark.

There were 4 guests from the club and it has not been clarified if they want to be know. So I will keep them as initials.

Club: AL is Abdallah Lemsagam, ML is Mohammed Lemsagam, BO is Barry Owen, AM...hos name escapes me but if you google Brandsmiths solictitors based in London and Manchester it is the owner of the company and DR is Trust rep Darren Ratcliffe.

Trust: Myself Tracy Wright, Darren Ratcliffe, Mark Harrington, Mike Green, Philippa Whittaker and Kenny Hopwood.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks Tracy.

AM is Adam Morallee I presume. Who are DS and JH who attended from the club?

Brandsmiths

Just now, LaticMark said:

Thanks Tracy.

AM is Adam Morallee I presume. Who are DS and JH who attended from the club?

Brandsmiths

DS was the solicitor stand in from Brandsmith's and a big Bury fan (poor sod). 

JH escapes me had an Australian accent if I remember

MS I forgot to add was the company secretary Mark Sheridan

Cheers

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

Cheers

JH would be John Harbin I think. Been back around the club for a while.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Cheers

David Seligman. Used to work for our old sponsors and lawyers, CM Solicitiors. Also a football agent.

Edited by jorvik_latic