Chron: AL says Latics could leave BP

Article in yesterday's Chron:

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/157/latics/126946/oldham-athletic-could-leave-boundary-park-claims-owner

I thought I was the only one who misunderstood what AL bought, but it says that since he purchased the club he has since found out that he only owns the badge, the players and the staff, leaving the stadium in the hands of the former owner. 

38 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Article in yesterday's Chron:

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/157/latics/126946/oldham-athletic-could-leave-boundary-park-claims-owner

I thought I was the only one who misunderstood what AL bought, but it says that since he purchased the club he has since found out that he only owns the badge, the players and the staff, leaving the stadium in the hands of the former owner. 

Just beyond laughable. 

Do you think Lemsagam is intentionally issuing this stuff so we take pity on him for being a fool with money who has been robbed blind by Corney?

I still very much doubt he paid anything close to £4 million to purchase the club.  If I had to estimate, I’d say that figure has been exaggerated by at least £3.5 million.  Perhaps once you factor in inheritance of debts and running costs for last 12 months, which is still doubtful because debts remain unpaid.

However I want to see the evidence first of what he paid, what’s he had to pay in last 12 months and what debt remains.  That wont happen though as I doubt he’ll reply to the Trust letter

I think he’s feeling the pressure, and as usual is reacting like a 12 year old. 

He he would hate the fans being his landlord, so bitches about it in the media. 

‘I can’t afford it, and I think the fans can. . .’

Tough shit Abdallah. 

Edited by League one forever

Its an interesting dilema isn't it. 

If it was any other business both landlord and tennant could decide to serve notice to each other and move on and no-one would mind

However its football, its fans, its passion, its a club with over a 100 year history. Can you imagine the uproar if either did and the fallout of extreme fans following them to the ends of the earth to vent.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think he’s feeling the pressure, and as usual is reacting like a 12 year old. 

He he would hate the fans being his landlord, so bitches about it in the media. 

‘I can’t afford it, and I think the fans can. . .’

Tough shit Abdallah. 

The fans won’t be the landlord.  A fan-led group would be but who are they and what are their motives?

Going back to Lemsagam; this statement is staggeringly naive and comical.... calling him a Clown is so close to the mark.  Anybody who purchases something will find out what they’re buying before signing the deal.  Hes probably that Clown who bought, via EBay, a photo of a boat for £5k rather then the boat.

Just now, underdog said:

I think PR is no this strong suit and would suggest he gets someone in

He’s been around over 12 months now and I still cannot fathom what his actual strengths are... PR? definitely not.  Communication? nope.  Business acumen? Not a chance. We definitely certain he’s not a double-glazing salesman from Luton and the nearest he’s been to Dubai is Easyjet’s hub at the edge of his town?

Beyond belief........like thinking you've bought a house and found you've only bought the garden. Perhaps he thought he was getting a bargain. No idea why due diligence took so long, what on earth were they checking - now turns out he wasn't buying what he thought and has debts that he was unaware of. Couldn't make this up. However he passed the EFL's "Fit & Proper" test which is reassuring 🤯

• Like 1

I'm sorry but this is a fuckin disgrace.

I blame everyone involved;

- First and foremost, the 3 North London crooks who know damn well what they're doing and still hope to make money from their property       dealings...houses on BP would suit them very nicely I'm sure

- The 3 North London crooks again for the way they have split the club in to a web of companies and revenue streams to "protect" and secure their       financial interests despite the fact that it could kill the football club  

- AL for being a total clown, a dreamer, with no due diligence and no plan

- The EFL for their bullshit fit and proper persons test and no oversight of these deals

It's very hard to see anything positive on the horizon with this assortment of liars, charlatans and incompetents involved.

- and sadly, to some extent, the Trust who surely should have had, or should have requested, clarity on who was buying what and then could have raised concerns that this was a road to disaster

They say hope dies last....I am losing the faith

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cheshireblue said:

Beyond belief........like thinking you've bought a house and found you've only bought the garden. Perhaps he thought he was getting a bargain. No idea why due diligence took so long, what on earth were they checking - now turns out he wasn't buying what he thought and has debts that he was unaware of. Couldn't make this up. However he passed the EFL's "Fit & Proper" test which is reassuring 🤯

I don't believe him, even the most ignorant simpleton wouldn't make this "little " oversight. I thought he was a football agent in a previous life? Aren't they supposed to be quite savvy and shrewd? 

While Lemsagam has become owner of Oldham Athletic, Latics chief executive Mark Moisley confirmed that some of the surrounding land, such as the north stand of the stadium, still remains under different ownership.

"He owns the football club. There's been a lot of talk in the past about the north stand, but there's no change on that," he said.

"It will be the same relationship as it always was. We'll use the north stand on matchdays and the business over there continues on non-matchdays.”

Mark Moisley’s words from the initial press-conference where Abdallah was announced, they were literally sat next to one another.

STOP BELIEVEING ABDALLAH. He’s a pathological liar, it makes me fucking sick.

• Like 1

@kowenicki and I looked at this yesterday. No actual evidence that he said he did not know what he owned. We think Jon Chubb may have a lot to answer for here. Especially being the official partner. But we don't know if that is what was said to him. If it is not true, then  Lemsagem should be  calling for a correction, se what today bring. If he stays silent he may well have said it. Unless Lemsagem has fallen out with the  Chron/ Revolution too!

EDIT. The only way he is telling thr truth is if he found out after  signing the deal, but before the Press Conference. Which is still shockingly bag, and no better. He was around for months prior to taking over.

Edited by singe
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ryan said:

While Lemsagam has become owner of Oldham Athletic, Latics chief executive Mark Moisley confirmed that some of the surrounding land, such as the north stand of the stadium, still remains under different ownership.

"He owns the football club. There's been a lot of talk in the past about the north stand, but there's no change on that," he said.

"It will be the same relationship as it always was. We'll use the north stand on matchdays and the business over there continues on non-matchdays.”

Mark Moisley’s words from the initial press-conference where Abdallah was announced, they were literally sat next to one another.....

This is when I formed the impression that AL had bought everything except the North Stand, which in itself seemed crazy, as that Stand was the potential money-maker.

It’s fairly common knowledge (and has been for many years) that the club and stadium are owned by different companies. It doesn’t take a lawyer or accountant to find that info out. If he did think he was getting the stadium included in the purchase price then he is incredibly naive and Corney has well and truly pulled his trousers down.

He *allegedly* informed a pal of mine, when trying to tout for his business, that there was over a million in debts he didn't know about when he signed the deal. No reason to think he was making it up, perhaps he's just not that bright? 

Fair play to Corney. Can't fault him eventually doing what was best for him. 

Hopefully this fans group will put the squeeze on and bring about change but somehow I can't imagine they will be buying the club for nothing but love for latics. They'll be like any landlord wanting they money back and some. 

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

The fans won’t be the landlord.  A fan-led group would be but who are they and what are their motives?

Going back to Lemsagam; this statement is staggeringly naive and comical.... calling him a Clown is so close to the mark.  Anybody who purchases something will find out what they’re buying before signing the deal.  Hes probably that Clown who bought, via EBay, a photo of a boat for £5k rather then the boat.

Pedant. 

I clearly meant the fans group. 🙄Not all of us chipping in a fiver. 

My point still stands. It was about AL, and why he’s coming out with shite like this. The last thing he wants is to have is the fans-led-group being his landlord. Hence he’s throwing his toys out. It’s got nothing to do with not knowing what he bought. He’s commented several times in the past about wanting to buy the ground eventually. 

25 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Pedant. 

I clearly meant the fans group. 🙄Not all of us chipping in a fiver. 

My point still stands. It was about AL, and why he’s coming out with shite like this. The last thing he wants is to have is the fans-led-group being his landlord. Hence he’s throwing his toys out. It’s got nothing to do with not knowing what he bought. He’s commented several times in the past about wanting to buy the ground eventually. 

Haha I wasn’t being pedanti.  My point is if it was the fans collective then I’m more comfortable.   However a fan-led group could be different - is it an OAFC fan or a football fan and whichever, is it primarily to safeguard our future or to profit?