Chron: AL says Latics could leave BP

3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Haha I wasn’t being pedanti.  My point is if it was the fans collective then I’m more comfortable.   However a fan-led group could be different - is it an OAFC fan or a football fan and whichever, is it primarily to safeguard our future or to profit?

Unless it's someone who has won the Euro lottery best presume they will be wanting to make money. Hearing who possibly one or two are in the group I don't see them just gifting the stadium back to any potential new owner of 'the club'. Why should they?

We really should be hearing on their plans in terms of profits from the stand / stadium. For them to get the seeming blessing of the Trust they must have given some reassurances? 

34 minutes ago, singe said:

From Jon Chubb.

Sounds like in his interview with anon at the Chron AL was just stating the fact that he doesn't own the land etc and has been misrepresented in yesterday's  article.

The issues uncovered were probably the debts.

Also from that old  that article in the MEN ""Mr Corney believes that in Mr Lemsagam he has found the right man to take the club forward and one who has the resources, skills and contacts to do so."

Sounds like both of them were conning each other.?

Edited by laticsrblue
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I'm sorry but this is a fuckin disgrace.

I blame everyone involved;

- First and foremost, the 3 North London crooks who know damn well what they're doing and still hope to make money from their property       dealings...houses on BP would suit them very nicely I'm sure

- The 3 North London crooks again for the way they have split the club in to a web of companies and revenue streams to "protect" and secure their       financial interests despite the fact that it could kill the football club  

- AL for being a total clown, a dreamer, with no due diligence and no plan

- The EFL for their bullshit fit and proper persons test and no oversight of these deals

It's very hard to see anything positive on the horizon with this assortment of liars, charlatans and incompetents involved.

- and sadly, to some extent, the Trust who surely should have had, or should have requested, clarity on who was buying what and then could have raised concerns that this was a road to disaster

They say hope dies last....I am losing the faith

It was the Trust Rep who told him exactly what Corney owned and what was for sale before he signed on the dotted line. That it was club only in name.

We did clarify that in one of own statement with a Q and A about it and it was posted in the Trust pinned thread above, however that site it is linked too no longer is available as we have a new one. Trust reps at the time and myself since have posted that he owned club in name only. 

He past fit and proper on two fronts. To own a business in the UK and EFL and alledgefly, a six figure goodwill deposit with the EFL as well. 

We even tried our own research, Like Al;s agency business, link with nantes (I think) stock market research the best we could, looked at trying to get some info from Morocco and Dubai. The money trail

I don't think we could have done anymore

Edited by underdog

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

It was the Trust Rep who told him exactly what Corney owned and what was for sale before he signed on the dotted line. That it was club only in name.

We did clarify that in one of own statement with a Q and A about it and it was posted in the Trust pinned thread above, however that site it is linked too no longer is available as we have a new one. Trust reps at the time and myself since have posted that he owned club in name only. 

He past fit and proper on two fronts. To own a business in the UK and EFL and alledgefly, a six figure goodwill deposit with the EFL as well. 

I don't think we could have done anymore

What happens to the six figure goodwill deposit if AL goes, does it go to the club to help them continue?

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Running away from responsibility is ol John Chubb there.... the *%^#$

They're not even journalists anymore are they? They just copy and paste other peoples research/info from the internet.

Some of the digging OAFC fans on here and Twitter do is regularly of a much higher standard as they care and have the right context and nuance. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

Well you thought AL was a gooden until recently, red button and all that lark. Can we be sure these “fans” ain’t going to bulldozer the ground at the first opportunity?

You have to give someone the opportunities to sort things out. Or enough rope as they say.

Corney and Al are very different characters. You can see this via the media work both did.

The only things in life that are guarnteed are death and taxes. So no I can't at this stage. However there are better opportiunties and cheaper options than doing what you described. Brassbank want to sell so they could sell to anyone. However they are looking at working with this fan led group. So imo, to leave bp in the hands of fans

13 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

They're not even journalists anymore are they? They just copy and paste other peoples research/info from the internet.

Some of the digging OAFC fans on here and Twitter do is regularly of a much higher standard as they care and have the right context and nuance. 

Unless you are MK of course. He’s the gospel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, underdog said:

You have to give someone the opportunities to sort things out. Or enough rope as they say.

Corney and Al are very different characters. You can see this via the media work both did.

The only things in life that are guarnteed are death and taxes. So no I can't at this stage. However there are better opportiunties and cheaper options than doing what you described. Brassbank want to sell so they could sell to anyone. However they are looking at working with this fan led group. So imo, to leave bp in the hands of fans

It will be interesting to see if these fans invite other fans to join in the venture.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

It will be interesting to see if these fans invite other fans to join in the venture.

In what way, BP?

Let's say they tried to raise cash via some kind of share issue - and offered them at £100 each - let's say 2,000 fans would be interested at that price -  you'd raise the princely sum of £200,000 - absolute peanuts in terms of the monies you will be looking at.

It is to be hoped the Trust do have a very close handle on this "fan-led" buyout - we have no choice but to put our faith in them (the Trust). As I`ve saisd elsewhere, I suspect it will involve some kind of financing and, again, we have little choice but to let it run its course and hope for a positive outcome.

10 hours ago, Steve_R said:

I think the point he was making was that we had little choice but to trust Abdallah after the mess Corney left us in, and looks how that's gone. The Trust seemed fully supportive of him at first, so whats' to say won't happen again.

The Trust are not anti-owner. 

We have an entitlement to know at board level that the business that is OAFC (the club) is being run in a fit manner. The books, the plan, future finances, a board in place to help with all that and key personnel in place to help run it when the owner is away (CEO)

The frustration is, is the lack of meaningful dialogue around that as we are 14 months into his tenure.We are his partner, equal parity voting at board level he is big on respect, we don't seem to be getting it. The annoying 3% shares the fans have.

We absorbed a lot under the Corney tenure and protected to some degree the club from a bad social media fallout. There are people who work there at the end of the day. Corney was good at keeping most of the fans onside. 

We want to work with the owner, understand what potential hurdles the club have or up and coming and help if we can. 

We fans are his customers and unless I totally have it wrong, the majority are not happy and want to "protest" in different ways that could affect the club.  He needs to engage/persuade the fans that he is the right custodian of our club, which he could have done much sooner if he had engaged with the Trust as well.

We even suggested over summer last year/early season that we hold meet the owner events, small setting at the Milan bar Morrocan themed nights. Small ,so he did not feel overpowered but he was away at the World cup and the timing was not right.

We have tried and the door remain's open

• Like 3

On 3/31/2019 at 10:18 AM, underdog said:

The Trust are not anti-owner. 

We are his partner, equal parity voting at board level he is big on respect, we don't seem to be getting it. 

We have tried and the door remain's open

Just a thought (and there is a contentious point in here - but it may be relevant).

The way some people of the owner's background, ethnicity etc. conduct business is sometimes far removed from traditional western methods. As a comparison, when the bank I worked for was negotiating around business transactions with anyone from North Africa/The Middle East they learned very quickly never to utilise a female employee.

Like it or not, the whole world is not like us here in the UK and there are different cultural approaches.

Now, our owner may be what is termed "more progressive" in his outlook but I honestly have no idea.

So, might it be a matter of choosing the right person/s to liaise with him?

I note the previous Chair of Trust Oldham was a lady and we don't seem to have been very successful in our liaisons.

(In writing this, I realise what a mess we have got ourselves in over here i.e. we can't write in plain English what it is we are meaning for fear of upsetting all and sundry - we have to couch it in roundabout terms but, hopefully, everyone will grasp what I am saying and that I have no malice or prejudice in saying it - it may just unlock the door?)

10 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Just a thought (and there is a contentious point in here - but it may be relevant).

The way some people of the owner's background, ethnicity etc. conduct business is sometimes far removed from traditional western methods. As a comparison, when the bank I worked for was negotiating around business transactions with anyone from North Africa/The Middle East they learned very quickly never to utilise a female employee.

Like it or not, the whole world is not like us here in the UK and there are different cultural approaches.

Now, our owner may be what is termed "more progressive" in his outlook but I honestly have no idea.

I note the previous Chair of Trust Oldham was a lady and we don't seem to have been very successful in our liaisons.

(In writing this, I realise what a mess we have got ourselves in over here i.e. we can't write in plain English what it is we are meaning for fear of upsetting all and sundry - we have to couch it in roundabout terms but, hopefully, everyone will grasp what I am saying and that I have no malice or prejudice in saying it - it may just unlock the door?)

You do have a point.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

I don't say this lightly. But bollocks to that. 

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Hello Wise

Yes early on we realised that the Owner had come from a totally different world/culture and hence we decided to gave him time to adjust to it all

We hoped he might have advisors in place to help him negotiate the pitfalls of running a business and culture acceptance and we became aware that respect would play a big part in the relationship moving forward.

Thanks

Edited by underdog

21 minutes ago, underdog said:

However, we were sensitive to that, Wise is not wrong to raise it

Being sensitive to the feelings of someone assumed to be discriminatory? 

I can only repeat my earlier comment so bollocks to that. 

Where would that stop? 

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't say this lightly. But bollocks to that. 

59 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hello Wise

Yes early on we realised that the Owner had come from a totally different world/culture and hence we decided to gave him time to adjust to it all

We hoped he might have advisors in place to help him negotiate the pitfalls of running a business and culture acceptance and we became aware that respect would play a big part in the relationship moving forward.

Thanks

57 minutes ago, underdog said:

However, we were sensitive to that, Wise is not wrong to raise it

34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Being sensitive to the feelings of someone assumed to be discriminatory? 

I can only repeat my earlier comment so bollocks to that. 

Where would that stop? 

Yep, there are no shades of grey - and rightly so - in the eyes of UK Law in respect of discrimination, be that on the grounds of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Anyone owning a UK Ltd company ought to be well aware and adhere to laws in behaviour and practice, even if they held personal views/opinions that conflicted. He was certainly aware of them when sacking Mr. Gerrard earlier in the season. 

In the owner’s defence, there are corner flags proudly supporting LGBT rights that might indicate he either doesn’t share prejudiced views or is happy to respect local laws and customs?

I’m yet to be convinced however that he has a good grasp of UK employment law and the appropriate governance of a Ltd company.

Edited by lookersstandandy