Kevin Birkett appointed as SLO

44 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I disagree about an independent group. It would be absolutely pointless. An be able to affect nothing. As has been said the best we can expect from the trust is their current position, which is to be more public and assertive with how they hold the owner to account. 

The superiority point, is multi faceted. Your tone changed massively after meeting Corney. I’m not suggesting you went for dinner. However it came across that you enjoyed being involved- fair enough. But then you criticise others for doing exactly the same. . .calling them ‘types’  After meeting Corney you became quite derogatory to some people’s questions- the same ones that you had asked to be emailed to you. 

The point is this. You, chuckle, underdog, Andy B all have one thing in common you love the club enough to have wanted or to want to be involved. Therefore you above most should see what a hard job it is, and not be calling people ‘types’ or asking for independent groups. 

You obviously didn’t enjoy being accountable. So enjoy being fan, and support those who are preapared to be shot at. 

So why don't you just support those that are prepared to be shot at,as you say.It is your "type" sitting on the fence and snipping away that stop fans who would volunteer to help from doing so.I can tell that AndyB is starting to get frustrated when as a volunteer he is trying to pull everyone together.We all need to pull together and stop the personal insults.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You obviously didn’t enjoy being accountable. So enjoy being fan, and support those who are preapared to be shot at. 

woah.....Shot at?...now that was not said to me.

I can just about cope with a scrawny finger being waggled at me and being talked about on social media.....just about that is.... heheh

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

I disagree about an independent group. It would be absolutely pointless. An be able to affect nothing. As has been said the best we can expect from the trust is their current position, which is to be more public and assertive with how they hold the owner to account. 

The superiority point, is multi faceted. Your tone changed massively after meeting Corney. I’m not suggesting you went for dinner. However it came across that you enjoyed being involved- fair enough. But then you criticise others for doing exactly the same. . .calling them ‘types’  After meeting Corney you became quite derogatory to some people’s questions- the same ones that you had asked to be emailed to you. 

The point is this. You, chuckle, underdog, Andy B all have one thing in common you love the club enough to have wanted or to want to be involved. Therefore you above most should see what a hard job it is, and not be calling people ‘types’ or asking for independent groups. 

All noted and it's probably pointless debating the past.

I will close by saying though that I tried to be as inclusive as possible during the fans' meeting, as it is very easy for such things to be perceived as "about me". Indeed, someone off here collated everything together notes wise from the meeting and did an excellent job. As for the "post meeting" era when you say I enjoyed being involved and became derogatory - I wasn't around for very long afterwards tbh! I may have become slightly derogatory because I`m only human - if you'd have been on the end of some of the shit I was, you may have blown an absolute fuse!

Andy b comes across as a nice, genuine fella and I sincerely hope he has influence. As for chuckle - sorry but anyone who is prepared to tell blatant lies about another fan (purely to undermine them) loses all respect from me - perhaps, in the final analysis, he is the most self-serving of all, in view of recent events.

I`ll conclude there - cheers.

31 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I will close by saying though that I tried to be as inclusive as possible during the fans' meeting, as it is very easy for such things to be perceived as "about me". Indeed, someone off here collated everything together notes wise from the meeting and did an excellent job. As for the "post meeting" era when you say I enjoyed being involved and became derogatory - I wasn't around for very long afterwards tbh! I may have become slightly derogatory because I`m only human - if you'd have been on the end of some of the shit I was, you may have blown an absolute fuse!

Andy b comes across as a nice, genuine fella and I sincerely hope he has influence. As for chuckle - sorry but anyone who is prepared to tell blatant lies about another fan (purely to undermine them) loses all respect from me - perhaps, in the final analysis, he is the most self-serving of all, in view of recent events.

It is incredible that in the current state of the club some are trotting out the lies about the Corney meeting several years ago. Anyone could have attended that meeting,none of those that did were "Corneyites" and did so in good faith. It is now history so lets all move on with a cohesive and professional approach.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Fair enough.

I only brought up past events because in my view it was relevant to what you are saying now. 

I understand it’s difficult, when you put your head above the parripet. But that comes with the terroirty. A lesson it seems you learnt the hard way. I think what a lot people miss is the distinction between the role and the person. Decent people trying to do in their view decent things find it hard when people disagree, particularly from the comfort of the sofa. There is no doubt it’s a balancing act. Anybody who puts themselves up must be admired, whilst still recognising when and what to respond to. 

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

It is incredible that in the current state of the club some are trotting out the lies about the Corney meeting several years ago. Anyone could have attended that meeting,none of those that did were "Corneyites" and did so in good faith. It is now history so lets all move on with a cohesive and professional approach.

It’s incredible that some people find it incredible that people disagree on a football forum. 

#personalinsults

#sniping. 

😂😂😂

On 4/2/2019 at 6:27 PM, maddog said:

How did you know it was there to upboat? 🧐

Not normally logged in so on the odd occasion I look at the board it’s in read only mode. Logged in specifically in order to upboat. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/1/2019 at 1:33 PM, oafcmetty said:

Anyone looking for a new facebook group to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/326972734841094/

Just been kicked out of a similar group to this (that was set up to be different from chuckle’s) for questioning Martin Brierley’s post where you can only comment about the match when there’s a match on. You couldn’t make it up :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Archived