Tranmere Rovers (h)

Any talk of plays off should, even in jest, be banned

Fully expecting us to get rolled tonight, could easily be a 3 or 4 nill job if we give up the chances we did to a poor Grimsby side.

Lets hope we can keep it tight and someone can nick something for us. A draw would be a good result.

8 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

Any talk of plays off should, even in jest, be banned

Fully expecting us to get rolled tonight, could easily be a 3 or 4 nill job if we give up the chances we did to a poor Grimsby side.

Lets hope we can keep it tight and someone can nick something for us. A draw would be a good result.

I hope/bet Wildy's not thinking like you.....

10 hours ago, 24424 said:

Local residents moaning , and surprising but general hostility to the club from the council and people in the town, must be a universal theme  then, because you could have been describing the way things are for us too. The mural, as made up as we are with it, has already attracted some criticism from the moaners, as has the plan to put lamp standard banners in Prenton Road West on the approach to the ground, similar to how all the big clubs do.

My theory is that "supporters", mostly tele-clappers, of our respective more glamorous big city neighbours actually feel guilty about not supporting their local club, so wish it wasn't there to remind them of their disloyalty to their own town.

We, in the other hand, stick with our local clubs through thin and thin, and for all the heartache,  but  just occasionally, they will provide us with brief moments and experiences that they could never dream of experiencing, where you are momentarily transported to dreamland and feel an explosion of pride and joy that they will never know. Comfort yourselves with that when being patronised or belittled, as it it us, the small band of purists, who pay our dues, but when they come, the highs are all the more higher for that! That's what I keep telling myself anyway!

How dare you come onto this board and act civil. Disgusting.

• Like 1

One last chance. Win this and it keeps next Saturday interesting.

Got a funny feeling we'll win this. We're favourites with the bookies despite all the issues and Tranmere winning X on the bounce. They don't have us favourites softly. 

Come on blues.