Tranmere Rovers (h)

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Fantastic result, really pleased for Pete .

I wonder i the crowds might pik up, only 450 ish more Latics fans than Trannies there tonight.

That's some away following. 2,342 on a Tuesday night. Only 2,801 Latics, so that's quite a few stayaways. They missed a good performance. Missile was MOM for me. He didn't half put a shift in.

• Like 2

The best thing about the current XI is that it isn't really spectacular, but it's a functional unit.  That's usually enough to do well at this level, add to that the quality that Lang provides and these kind of results happen.  Really happy to see Lang developing into a very good striker and credit to O'Grady for making it easier for him to perform.

Well done Pete Wild (and/or the Lemsagams I guess) for the last two results.

• Like 1

Superb tonight.Apart from a few unforced errors  in giving possession away it was top class from the whole team. Defence and Iverson were strong and composed, midfield  excellent and battled for everything.Lang immense up front and credit to O'Grady. ALL ran their socks off.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Really happy to see Lang developing into a very good striker and credit to O'Grady for making it easier for him to perform.

But, one might reasonably assume, bugger all chance of keeping him and so it starts all over again.  At best.

Edited by Dave_Og

47 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

We do over FGR, not Exeter but we still have to play them

what this really shows is what a colossal failure Scholes was, should have always been PW for the season imho

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Scholes... hmmmm. 

Indeed. 

How can an acadamy coach get more out of them than a legend of the game? 

Exactly the same players, and the bills still need paying, yet the performances are much better. . 

• Like 1

Superb performance. From 1 to 11. 

Cant fault the effort of any of them.

Thought edmunson and missle really nullified them at times. Two superb goals from lang. They missed mcnulty. Their defence didnt look composed anytime someone ran at them or the ball was played into the channel. 

A shame that January's under investment has probably cost us a play off spot. 

Im no fan of the chairman not sure boycotting will lead to anything. But for tonight that was an excellent performance just hope they can recover in time for weekend

• Like 3