Tranmere Rovers (h)

29 minutes ago, lookersman said:

Agreed we all know we would have been in the play offs now if PW had not been ousted but we have to keep level heads and aim to finish season on a high.  

We know no such thing. And he wasn't 'ousted'. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....boycotting should be a last resort, after dialogue has been attempted/exhausted and nothing positive has come of it. The Trust have tried a softer & patient approach to dialogue with the owner which hasn’t worked. They’ve now ratcheted that up to convey a sense of urgency. Good.

In this case, the dialogue is being sought to provide assurances Mr. Lemsagam’s unorthodox behaviour is not putting the health of the Limited Company as risk of being liquidated, such is the various array of negative stories that surround his tenure and self evident lack of proper business governance.

2 wins should not mask the bigger picture..... just like 2 losses should not magnify it.

A boycott could well be a course of action that is recommended regardless of how the team is performing on the pitch. Blackpool fans boycotted when they were getting promoted out of this sh1t hole of a league we find ourselves marooned in mid table in - with a lionshare if the blame being laid at the feet of our owner and his hire/fire/interfere methods.

Pete Wild has been great.... but he’s been in charge for a handful of games. Paul Scholes didn’t do so great.... but he was in charge for a handful of games. Let’s not lose sight of the primary objective here. The health of our football club.

I agree that the health of the club is fundamental. 

However, results dictate mood massively. 

If Wild keeps winning, people will go quiet on AL. If we stay where we are, people will chirp up. 

It’s the same at every football club. 

10 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

To throw a quote back at you-

Pete Wild-you have never really liked him though have you?

Your reply.

Saying that I've never liked him is a bit harsh it was more the manner of his appointment I was at odds with, fair play though he can get a tune out of an average bunch of players though.

Just now, League one forever said:

......results dictate mood massively.....

...which is why I chose to respond with a dose of realism. I read Andrew Strauss' autobiography a while back and he talked at length about not getting carried away when you're winning and not getting morose when you're not. The bigger picture should always be the focus.

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Saying that I've never liked him is a bit harsh it was more the manner of his appointment I was at odds with, fair play though he can get a tune out of an average bunch of players though.

Thats pretty much the only job a manager/coach has at every league 1 and 2 club. 

They are all average players down there. 

18 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

...which is why I chose to respond with a dose of realism. I read Andrew Strauss' autobiography a while back and he talked at length about not getting carried away when you're winning and not getting morose when you're not. The bigger picture should always be the focus.

No you replied to remind us of our plight or bring the bigger picture into focus. Which you’ve just qualified again. 

I am saying, that if we keep winning. Very a few will give a toss about AL. 

That’s the reality. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

No you replied to remind us of our plight or bring the bigger picture into focus. Which you’ve just qualified again. 

I am saying, that if we keep winning. Very a few will give a toss about AL. 

That’s the reality. 

....realism, plight.... call it what you want. So long as the Trust remain focused on the bigger picture, other folk can get as carried away, or morose as they like.....

• Like 1

We have now seen two good performances.  Is this evidence that the departure of PS, the slower than normal season ticket sales and the action by the Trust has had an effect?  We can't say but if AL is the nice bloke some people say he is he might, just might have realised where things have gone wrong.  Evidence of this would be a documented response to the Trust letter.  Evidence that he will remain an interfering hire and fire non payer would be a failure to reply to the Trust letter.

Probably our best league performance of the season.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Evidence that he will remain an interfering hire and fire non payer would be a failure to reply to the Trust letter.

I'm going to throw this out for debate:

If PW gets together a good run of results allied with good, solid performances to take us to the edge or, better still, into the playoffs AND does it working with AL/ML and their "interfering"...….does it constitute a failure?

Well, wasn't there last night myself but just knew it would be a tough game, and so it proved. Football, tends to do that though doesn't it ..... one team on a great run of form and the other beset with internal problems, fans boycotting and in indifferent form. It wasn't hard to predict the outcome!

Oh well, that's it for this season, so good luck with the boycott - defo a last resort but sounds like it needs to happen unfortunately to change things with your owner.

i think our fans like to quarrel because whether we like it or not, we are very similar clubs in many respects, and have more in common than we sometimes like to acknowledge.

Anyway, no doubt we will be crossing swords again very soon, although I still harbour hopes of the playoffs for us, so tara for now.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

59 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Thats pretty much the only job a manager/coach has at every league 1 and 2 club. 

They are all average players down there. 

‘ Average’ is open to interpretation. I would not class Iversen, Baxter or Lang as average. I also see above average skills in Missilou and Maouche. However with the latter pair, one, Missilou, is far more suited to the style of play in League 2. There is no doubting the talent that Maouche has - good touch and sees a pass as well as getting a foot in when pressing. Where he struggles in my opinion is with the physical aspects of the game at our level. Nepomuceno on his day is a top player. As with the vast majority of footballers it is consistency and decision making that makes the difference.

As for the best of the rest: Edmundson and Hamer have immense promise and Clarke is fast becoming a legend in my eyes.

In the end I suppose that Wild understands this level more than Scholes did.

• Like 3

AL was clearly enjoying last night and I do think he has a genuine affinity towards the club but he has to get fans back onside quickly and make a genuine effort to improve his relationship with the trust.

Budget wise, whatever happens in the next 3 weeks regarding ST renewals will determine whether we will have the necessary finance to be able to compete next season.

Pretty bloody important IMO!!!

47 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I'm going to throw this out for debate:

If PW gets together a good run of results allied with good, solid performances to take us to the edge or, better still, into the playoffs AND does it working with AL/ML and their "interfering"...….does it constitute a failure?

Dunno at the moment, but this Pete Wild thing makes my heart sing.

22 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

AL was clearly enjoying last night and I do think he has a genuine affinity towards the club but he has to get fans back onside quickly and make a genuine effort to improve his relationship with the trust.

Budget wise, whatever happens in the next 3 weeks regarding ST renewals will determine whether we will have the necessary finance to be able to compete next season.

After a lot of soul searching and having previously  saying I would   not renew,I have done so this am.Must be mad but my club must come before the chairman or anything else at the end of the day.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

After a lot of soul searching and having previously  saying I would   not renew,I have done so this am.Must be mad but my club must come before the chairman or anything else at the end of the day.

I'm thinking along the same lines.......but done nothing yet.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

As I said.... not renewing guarantees only one thing.... a tiny budget.

So those fans, like the first questioner at the meeting, saying "what if AL cant fund next season"?  are only making that an absolute certainty by not renewing.

I'm not preaching, if you don't want to renew then don't renew, but be under no illusions of the ramifications.

Better to let the Trust try their new approach first and see where it gets to.  Oldham isn't a big enough concern to stand total financial boycotts, it would end very quickly.  if people are happy for that to happen than that's fine, but I'm not.  

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Worse than MP,s you lot,jumping from the protest ship to the happy clapper express after a fantastic run of errrr 2 wins ?

Don't think most of us are that bipolar we can appreciate the players and interim boss have done a good job in the last 2 games of coming together and producing 2 wins. Most of the posts I see above are keeping feet firmly on the ground and still realise the problems surrounding the club.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

As I said.... not renewing guarantees only one thing.... a tiny budget.

So those fans, like the first questioner at the meeting, saying "what if AL cant fund next season"?  are only making that an absolute certainty by not renewing.

I'm not preaching, if you don't want to renew then don't renew, but be under no illusions of the ramifications.

Better to let the Trust try their new approach first and see where it gets to.  Oldham isn't a big enough concern to stand total financial boycotts, it would end very quickly.  if people are happy for that to happen than that's fine, but I'm not.  

The flip side to this is how much do you trust the owner to spend your hard earned cash wisely resulting in a stability off the pitch matched with a competitive team on it? The erratic nature of recruitment and hiring and firing managers so far suggests its a risk.

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Don't think most of us are that bipolar we can appreciate the players and interim boss have done a good job in the last 2 games of coming together and producing 2 wins. Most of the posts I see above are keeping feet firmly on the ground and still realise the problems surrounding the club.

The flip side to this is how much do you trust the owner to spend your hard earned cash wisely resulting in a stability off the pitch matched with a competitive team on it? The erratic nature of recruitment and hiring and firing managers so far suggests its a risk.

I agree, but the alternative is worse for me. 

People will do what they want and I'm not criticising those that disagree and won't renew or will boycott... that's up to them.  I wont be doing that though.

4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Strauss always played at the very, very top of his sport though so was usually winning. 

We’re usually shit so I choose to get giddy as fuck at every occasional, fleeting opportunity. 

• Like 1