Tranmere Rovers (h)

19 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Strauss always played at the very, very top of his sport though so was usually winning. 

We’re usually shit so I choose to get giddy as fuck at every occasional, fleeting opportunity. 

Told all my work mates, who literally have no idea who Oldham are or where it is, that we beat Tranmere last night, cos it feels great to announce we won 2 on the bounce!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I get the impression PW has got the players thinking they can make the play offs. A big string of wins as Tranmere showed can make a massive difference.

The one big bonus is that if we somehow did make it, we'd enter the play-offs in form for once!

2 hours ago, Flemboy said:

After a lot of soul searching and having previously  saying I would   not renew,I have done so this am.Must be mad but my club must come before the chairman or anything else at the end of the day.

I am thinking along the same lines.

Boycotted the last 2 home games - and feel like shit! It's only me that's suffering 🙁

When you've supported your club since you were 4 years old - it's bloody hard - honestly don't know what to do for the best.

39 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I am thinking along the same lines.

Boycotted the last 2 home games - and feel like shit! It's only me that's suffering 🙁

When you've supported your club since you were 4 years old - it's bloody hard - honestly don't know what to do for the best.

It's an entirely personal choice [esp at this juncture].... if you want to go, go..... if you don't, don't..... but if the owner's behaviour is confirmed to be putting the health of the club at risk.... and the last resort is to boycott to either affect his behaviour, or force him to leave before he does more damage than good, then and only then, should we collectively boycott. I'm looking toward the Trust to be our Union. If the Union say out, then out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Strauss always played at the very, very top of his sport though so was usually winning. 

We’re usually shit so I choose to get giddy as fuck at every occasional, fleeting opportunity. 

Middlesex were sh1te for much of the time he played for them though..... Gatting was eating too much, Tufnell was too stoned & Angus Fraser was slow as fk.... in fact, the more I think about it, they're a perfect metaphor.

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

Middlesex were sh1te for much of the time he played for them though..... Gatting was eating too much, Tufnell was too stoned & Angus Fraser was slow as fk.... in fact, the more I think about it, they're a perfect metaphor.

Gerrard, Baxter & O'Grady.... :grin:

• Like 6

8 hours ago, 24424 said:

Well, wasn't there last night myself but just knew it would be a tough game, and so it proved. Football, tends to do that though doesn't it ..... one team on a great run of form and the other beset with internal problems, fans boycotting and in indifferent form. It wasn't hard to predict the outcome!

Oh well, that's it for this season, so good luck with the boycott - defo a last resort but sounds like it needs to happen unfortunately to change things with your owner.

i think our fans like to quarrel because whether we like it or not, we are very similar clubs in many respects, and have more in common than we sometimes like to acknowledge.

Anyway, no doubt we will be crossing swords again very soon, although I still harbour hopes of the playoffs for us, so tara for now.

It was abit typical Latics. We have a knack of ending teams runs good and bad.

Have to say I was abit dissapointed in Norwood I dont know if it was him having an off day or us handling him well but Both Clarke and Edmondson had him in their back pockett.

Have to say your support tonight was terrific then again Im impressed these days when a club is capable of filling 1 block of seats.

Where did the tequilla chant come from?

45 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It was abit typical Latics. We have a knack of ending teams runs good and bad.

Have to say I was abit dissapointed in Norwood I dont know if it was him having an off day or us handling him well but Both Clarke and Edmondson had him in their back pockett.

Have to say your support tonight was terrific then again Im impressed these days when a club is capable of filling 1 block of seats.

Where did the tequilla chant come from?

https://twitter.com/SCTFC/status/1113523171129425926?s=19 

Edited by rudemedic

27 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

sounded good too 👍

It did its one of those wish we had come up with that chants. Then again it always helps when you are doing comparitively well as its often the time teams come out with their best chants as everyone feels like singing.

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Am I alone in thinking it was one of the cringiest songs I've ever heard at a football match? 

You hate every song we sing and think anything suggested as new is ‘cringy’ 🤷‍♀️

5 hours ago, RoytonLatics said:

Slightly off topic but for those who buy a match day programme, did it include an extra pull out in light of the rescheduled game, they usually Include one but mine didn't this time. 

Nothing extra.