Tranmere Rovers (h)

On 4/3/2019 at 10:05 PM, HarryBosch said:

Am I alone in thinking it was one of the cringiest songs I've ever heard at a football match? 

I hated it, then again it also seemed to invite a callum lang goal so every cloud and all that

Edited by bluehobbit
-

It was rather sad to sit in the Main Stand after 27 years of support with the intention of not renewing my season ticket in the North Stand.  I just needed to remember how shit the seats are and to reacquaint myself with the pillars.

I have however an alternative plan which is to go to a dozen away games.  I only make 2 or 3 at the moment.  I would then still be supporting my team but apart from the cut home clubs take for selling away tickets (if they do) I won't be supporting Marco (I do prefer Murco but Marco it is).  I would then buy a season ticket if and when Marco says goodbye.

Not renewing, very hard to do and I might yet break, does two things.  It hits Marco in his pocket and it is a vote against him.  He should get the message but it might not matter to him depending on why he is here.

• Like 4

I don’t really see the long term benefit of boycotting to be honest.

If you take it to it’s ultimate conclusion then we get less of a crowd, therefore less encouragement for the players, less revenue coming through the turnstiles, all potentially adding up to poorer performances, less money for recruiting new players, a worse league position, possibly even relegation. If all that happened then AL would have a hell of a job trying to sell the club.

Each to their own of course, but I’ve renewed my season ticket. What else am I going to do on a Saturday afternoon? Go and watch Rochdale or Salford? No thanks, I’m a Latics fan. Have been since 1965, and I support the club no matter who’s in charge.

COYB ⚽

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I don’t really see the long term benefit of boycotting to be honest.

If you take it to it’s ultimate conclusion then we get less of a crowd, therefore less encouragement for the players, less revenue coming through the turnstiles, all potentially adding up to poorer performances, less money for recruiting new players, a worse league position, possibly even relegation. If all that happened then AL would have a hell of a job trying to sell the club.

Each to their own of course, but I’ve renewed my season ticket. What else am I going to do on a Saturday afternoon? Go and watch Rochdale or Salford? No thanks, I’m a Latics fan. Have been since 1965, and I support the club no matter who’s in charge.

COYB ⚽

He’d have to cut his losses. Someone could come in and make immediate revenue by selling new season tickets (pro-rated if it’s in the new season). 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

He’d have to cut his losses. Someone could come in and make immediate revenue by selling new season tickets (pro-rated if it’s in the new season). 

Who would come in though? Corney really struggled to sell it when we was in League 1, we are in an even worse position now so I can’t see them queueing up to buy the club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Who would come in though? Corney really struggled to sell it when we was in League 1, we are in an even worse position now so I can’t see them queueing up to buy the club.

Same old line trotted out by everyone. Someone would be interested. If not, we go bust quick rather than the death by a thousand cuts we’ve been subjected to for years. 

3 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

There will be people with a plan for taking the club on if it came to it. Sure of it...

8 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Lemmy says we are debt free so should be a more attractive proposition.

38 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Same old line trotted out by everyone. Someone would be interested. If not, we go bust quick rather than the death by a thousand cuts we’ve been subjected to for years. 

Go bust?!?! Oh right, that’s alright then. 😩

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Some people spotted the asking price wasn't in proportion to the proper value of what was being sold. 

Bury was sold recently and they were clearly in a worse financial position than we were when Marco bought us. 

Football is a worldwide business and some people have spotted that buying a lower league club can prove to be better value than a more established side. 

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Some people spotted the asking price wasn't in proportion to the proper value of what was being sold. 

Bury was sold recently and they were clearly in a worse financial position than we were when Marco bought us. 

Football is a worldwide business and some people have spotted that buying a lower league club can prove to be better value than a more established side. 

Why are you calling him Marco? What have I missed?

8 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Are you able to give an actual example of this?

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Bournemouth

Fulham (Al-Fayed)

Huddersfield

Brighton

I think the money that Disney bloke spent to buy Portsmouth might be great value in the future.

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Bought by a man with billions in the bank. Point us in the direction of someone with that money because the club was pretty openly for sale for ages

Was just an example as requested.  I don't think we are with much of a sniff of finding someone similar - if I was in such a position I'd be looking for a club with a decent fanbase and relatively limited local competition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, singe said:

You do realise we are technically insolvent anyway?

Our asets are c£3m but debts are at least £11m and possibly significantly more by now.

But not technically insolvent.  That is the case when you can't settle your obligations as they become due..  Oh, hang on a minute...!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But not technically insolvent.  That is the case when you can't settle your obligations as they become due..  Oh, hang on a minute...!

Well yes!
I was not going to put tecnically insolvent, but then I thought well we had £7,000 in the bank  at last accounts, can't neccesarily get the football creditors to pay any quicker, the owners eems to have ;imited funds, and precious little to flog so I thought I was on safe ground!!

Edited by singe

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Bournemouth

Ah yes, Bournemouth. 

A stinkingly rich owner with identifiable businesses in this country. Im pretty sure (on Eddie Howe’s advise) he choose not to develop the stadium when reaching the Premiership. Intimidating the opposition with a cramped environment and little support was the reasoning. Unique and effective. 

And then, probably one of the most loyal player and talented managers I can recall in well over 60yrs as a footy fan. Howe spent most of his playing career at Bournemouth and started his coaching career under John Bond at Bournemouth while still playing. Moving on seemlessly to manage them. 

Home sick after a dalliance at Burnley he returned to Bournemouth and the rest is history. 

A perfect storm, but pure and unimaginable luck for Bournemouth fans. 

The history of the Football League is littered with other perfect storm stories. Joe Royle was ours. 

None of of them are planned but for some reason some fans think they are.