Pete Wild

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He owes to us to spill every possible bean.

Wonder why there have been no real "beans spilled" by Wellens, Bunn, Scholes or Wild to date?

Only a few snippets and the odd quote to date. You'd think someone would have gone to town by now and released the full extent of what is really going on!!

Presumably because they would all quite like to have another job in football, which isn’t likely to happen if they have a reputation for dishing the dirt in public.

Or perhaps they would like to say more, but without evidence to hand would rather avoid defamation cases.

Not saying it’s right, but I’d understand why.

My understanding is PW was trying to get hold of the chuckle brothers in the days leading to and after the Northampton game to discuss the future and was ignored and avoided.

It seems decisions were made without him and PW suggested he would go back to the youths. Appears like they couldn't agree on this as he chucked his ticket in.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He owes to us to spill every possible bean.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He bottled it, least he can do is explain why.

If in your job, you left as not happy with your employer and you were asked to spill the beans by others and this put you at risk of not getting your outstanding wages owed along with putting off potential future employers would you still spill the beans?

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

If in your job, you left as not happy with your employer and you were asked to spill the beans by others and this put you at risk of not getting your outstanding wages owed along with putting off potential future employers would you still spill the beans?

I think what Eyresy is getting at is, when Paul Scholes walked, it was cos he was a bottler. When Wild has done it, nobody seems to be suggesting that. Apologies to Eyresy if I've inferred that incorrectly...

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Presumably because they would all quite like to have another job in football, which isn’t likely to happen if they have a reputation for dishing the dirt in public.

Or perhaps they would like to say more, but without evidence to hand would rather avoid defamation cases.

Not saying it’s right, but I’d understand why.

This! Slagging off a former employer is no way to go about getting a new job. Ridiculous to think he’d do any tale telling.

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think what Eyresy is getting at is, when Paul Scholes walked, it was cos he was a bottler. When Wild has done it, nobody seems to be suggesting that. Apologies to Eyresy if I've inferred that incorrectly...

I don’t think either Scholes or Wild has “Bottled” anything. You could argue Scholes was in a better personal financial situation to stand up to any interference but ultimately why should either regardless of their financial situation.

Without having full written statement proof, its pretty clear to most that as a manager at Oldham, under this ownership you are not really allowed to manage how a proper manager should. If you are going to do the job you should be allowed to live and die by your own sword in that if the team does well and your signings work out YOU take the plaudits, if the team doesn’t do well or your signings don’t YOU take the blame. 

Scholes came out via the press and TV giving away some of what went on but probably not the full nitty gritty because again, he’s financially secure and possibly not too fussed about getting back in the game. 

Bunn has been quiet, possibly due to monies owed plus not wanting to put off future employers by dishing the dirt.

Wild probably in a similar position to Bunn but you’ll notice in his interview he says he was allowed to get on with it in his second spell, leaving one to assume he was dictated to in his first spell. Also like I say I think he will be careful what he says so that he doesn’t risk his final pay or future employment 

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Sounds like he was genuinely left alone to manage the team second time: maybe al has seen the error of his ways

Yes it does sound that way.

But he's still leaving. I'd venture that not having control of player recruitment is still going to be an issue for the next manager or, more likely, head coach.

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Sounds like he was genuinely left alone to manage the team second time: maybe al has seen the error of his ways

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

I don’t think either Scholes or Wild has “Bottled” anything. 

For the record, nor do I...

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Then he goes and spoils it all offering Benteke a deal.

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Or when, in their opinion, someone has bottled it. 

So in both your opinions both Scholes and Wild bottled it? It’s been pretty well documented Scholes doesn’t need the job, Wild has a mortgage to pay so has more than likely gone for a job that will offer some sort of security, I guess we will know more after the interview later. 

But please stop repeating the same crap over and over again, it’s like a stuck record, let’s face facts even Pep couldn’t do anything with this team or owner!   

11 minutes ago, Lees Latics said:

So in both your opinions both Scholes and Wild bottled it? It’s been pretty well documented Scholes doesn’t need the job, Wild has a mortgage to pay so has more than likely gone for a job that will offer some sort of security, I guess we will know more after the interview later. 

But please stop repeating the same crap over and over again, it’s like a stuck record, let’s face facts even Pep couldn’t do anything with this team or owner!   

Don't believe Wild bottled it at all. As said previously 

Archived