Pete Wild

4 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Wonder why there have been no real "beans spilled" by Wellens, Bunn, Scholes or Wild to date?

Only a few snippets and the odd quote to date. You'd think someone would have gone to town by now and released the full extent of what is really going on!!

Perhaps its because 80% of what is going on at our club is made up by posters who state they know what is going on-But  know nothing more than me or you.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Perhaps its because 80% of what is going on at our club is made up by posters who state they know what is going on-But  know nothing more than me or you.

With regards to posters on this site its not uncommon for people who work at the club to talk about whats going on at the club with other people. With the modern day access to social media which gives people a platform to effectively spread stories what used to be only known by a couple of people in a local pub can be out in the open and around the world within seconds. Its very difficult these days to keep a secret. Most of the stories I hear from the club often appear on this message board first before the story is broken.

Lee Sinnotts  accuracy on reporting stories on here first before they break in the media is noticable.

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

The reality is that due to the threatening and litigious environment in the club only 20% of what people know is posted on here. Very little of what has been posted on here of late has been made up.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

With regards to posters on this site its not uncommon for people who work at the club to talk about whats going on at the club with other people. With the modern day access to social media which gives people a platform to effectively spread stories what used to be only known by a couple of people in a local pub can be out in the open and around the world within seconds. Its very difficult these days to keep a secret. Most of the stories I hear from the club often appear on this message board first before the story is broken.

Lee Sinnotts  accuracy on reporting stories on here first before they break in the media is noticable.

So speaking generally-this forum has been and still is desperate for some ex employee to speak out about what is supposed to be happening to our club.

So far there has been one minor comment by one former manager, that comment would probably apply to many of the clubs various leagues. The argument against speaking out usually boils down to monies being  compromised for compensation. That person really had no need to worry about this.

So if it is very hard to keep a secret there is really isn't many secrets to keep based upon what we have heard so far.

8 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

The reality is that due to the threatening and litigious environment in the club only 20% of what people know is posted on here.

So where has there been litigation so far? As far as I am aware there hasn't even been an unfair dismissal case brought against the club-up to now. Lord knows there have been enough  personnel changes.

14 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So where has there been litigation so far? As far as I am aware there hasn't even been an unfair dismissal case brought against the club-up to now. Lord knows there have been enough  personnel changes.

4 in the last 2 years. Some strong rumours others in the pipeline.
3 settled before the case was heard.

1 paid out.
https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-k-fitzgerald-v-oldham-athletic-2004-association-football-club-ltd-2402939-2017

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-m-moisley-v-oldham-athletic-2004-association-football-club-ltd-2417262-2018

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-s-brooke-v-oldham-athletic-2004-football-club-ltd-2417248-2018

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-s-cross-v-oldham-athletic-2004-association-football-club-ltd-2413455-2018

31 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So speaking generally-this forum has been and still is desperate for some ex employee to speak out about what is supposed to be happening to our club.

So far there has been one minor comment by one former manager, that comment would probably apply to many of the clubs various leagues. The argument against speaking out usually boils down to monies being  compromised for compensation. That person really had no need to worry about this.

So if it is very hard to keep a secret there is really isn't many secrets to keep based upon what we have heard so far.

Are you trying to say everything is alright right now?

9 hours ago, singe said:

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

These are simply notices of withdrawal and do not contain information containing to pay outs (except the redundancy payment). We will never know whether there were financial settlements reached in the others, as we will never have sight of the COT3 (settlement agreement). Which is likely to contain a confidentiality clause in any event.

1 hour ago, ncookie9 said:

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

These are simply notices of withdrawal and do not contain information containing to pay outs (except the redundancy payment). We will never know whether there were financial settlements reached in the others, as we will never have sight of the COT3 (settlement agreement). Which is likely to contain a confidentiality clause in any event.

True, but I think given the circumstances we can make an educated assumption that they were not withdrawn through lack of merit.

18 minutes ago, singe said:

True, but I think given the circumstances we can make an educated assumption that they were not withdrawn through lack of merit.

I’m inclined to agree with you. There is little risk to a Claimant of running an Employment Tribunal, due to the lack of a costs regime.

39 minutes ago, ncookie9 said:

I’m inclined to agree with you. There is little risk to a Claimant of running an Employment Tribunal, due to the lack of a costs regime.

Anyone who thinks the system of charging claimants to submit an employment tribunal claim was a good idea is a knob. 

There has always been a process to stop people submitting a vexatious and/or frivolous claim. 

11 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Thank you for doing that, I couldn't be bothered myself explaining to Whittle what is information in the public domain.

Thanks for that. I did preface my post with me not being aware-now I am.

Out of interest is 4 cases set against the total number of employees an unusually high number in the time period given the number of alleged acrimonious departures?

11 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Are you trying to say everything is alright right now?

Hmmm, definitely not.

Football at this level if you haven't got a sugar daddy owner and hence money is a struggle and  we are in a struggle. It was the same with Corney in charge. Do I see it changing in the future-no

Is it as bad as some think on here-no.

Do I have a solution-no.

41 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Thanks for that. I did preface my post with me not being aware-now I am.

Out of interest is 4 cases set against the total number of employees an unusually high number in the time period given the number of alleged acrimonious departures?

Hmmm, definitely not.

Football at this level if you haven't got a sugar daddy owner and hence money is a struggle and  we are in a struggle. It was the same with Corney in charge. Do I see it changing in the future-no

Is it as bad as some think on here-no.

Do I have a solution-no.

I don't blame Abdullah for not being a Billionaire what I blame him for is his incompetence. Look at the players he brought in in January. Look at the state of the retained and released list Jonathan Benteke getting a new contract and Peter Clarke not doing! Look at the fact that Pete Wild has decided to leave despite being a shoe in for the job. These issues aren't down to how much money he has to spend they are down to stupidity.

Interms of a solution well it's out of my control individually. We just have to hope this consortium looking to buy the land and potentially wrestle the club out of the clowns hands.

Let's assume he isnt making money on the side their isnt any evidence of that. If you run a business and you are running it badly and its one that's losing money who's customers can't stand you, and you have a group of people waiting in the wings potentially ready to buy it off you then it shouldn't take much for you to walk away in fact it's the only sensible thing to do.

33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Let's assume he isnt making money on the side their isnt any evidence of that. If you run a business and you are running it badly and its one that's losing money who's customers can't stand you, and you have a group of people waiting in the wings potentially ready to buy it off you then it shouldn't take much for you to walk away in fact it's the only sensible thing to do.

Wouldn't argue with any of this.

What I would say is that football is a complete anomaly financially-if business was run the way most clubs are they would be bankrupt/insolvent. The fact that many clubs are bankrupt/insolvent yet still trading never ceases to amaze me.

Anyway let's see what today's big 5 o'clock announcement has to say. I hope they have technology in place to answer all the many questions immediately.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Wild has applied for the Bury job according to Mike Minay.

Out of the frying pan and all that...

Says a lot that he was willing to walk away from us to go there, in their current situation 😳

I thought AL said he left us because he wanted to focus on none footballing matters?? 

42 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

I thought AL said he left us because he wanted to focus on none footballing matters?? 

He has, lots of houses will be built on Gigg Lane 

Archived