Pete Wild

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, danoafc said:

Scholes said “no meddling?” to which he agreed, and then went back on his word. Players offered contracts behind Scholes back for next season as far as I understand. Scholes leaves.

Wild takes the job, starts to lay his plans for next season, assuming he’ll be given a budget and allowed to get on with it.

When does the retained list come out? 

Wild leaves...

Ah so we're saying PW is thick?

I reckon he'd have worked AL out as a lying bastard by now

19 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Don't get this to be massively strange. Was he ever even appointed as official manager, he was put in charge to take us to the end of the season which he's done.

It sounds as per the statement he's decided to leave, but apart from that even if AL had decided not to give him the full time gig, I was not expecting him to and glad he hasn't. He's had a good season in what hasn't been an easy season. I still feel somehow with a bit of experience could have got that team (not sure what we'll have next year) up towards the top of the league. Bunn and Wild had us hovering around the top half and both were inexperienced. 

A John Sheridan, David Moyes, Brian Little, Brian Talbot or Ronnie Moore like would have had that side in the top 7 I'm pretty certain of. 

Might be a shoe in for your guru, here's to you Johnny Sheridan :peepwall:

Just now, OLDHAMADE said:

Might be a shoe in for your guru, here's to you Johnny Sheridan :peepwall:

Nah. Heard a word that he's getting Gerrard and Gardner amongst five or six others at Chesterfield for next season. Expect them to absolutely walk the National League next season. Hoping for a decent price to be fair ..

50 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Our main worry next season wont be making the playoffs, it will be avoiding relegation.

I cant think who would take on this gig after this seasons events.

I think actually making next season will be a push.

Something about the statement has me fearing the worse. There are more important things in life than football. (No [mis] quoting Shankly back thanks). 

I don't know Wild as well as some on here but for his and his family's sake I hope the personal reasons don't turn out to be too serious. 

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Something about the statement has me fearing the worse. There are more important things in life than football. (No [mis] quoting Shankly back thanks). 

I don't know Wild as well as some on here but for his and his family's sake I hope the personal reasons don't turn out to be too serious. 

No idea but I strongly suspect personal reasons are because he personally thinks he'd be better off elsewhere

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

He at least he spoke to the Chairman about leaving rather than using social media as Scholes is supposed to have done.

I look forward to hearing his reasons for leaving which he is obliged to reveal.

Can't say I'm too surprised to be honest. PW must know that the Lemmys are a pair of basket cases. Who in their right mind would want to work for them. 

I don't believe AL's quote for a second. A young man that's got nothing but football in his veins is giving the game a rest for a while? Bollocks. 

Good luck, Pete, wherever you go and whatever you do. You deserve much better than working for Coco Inc. And thanks for that fantastic day at Fulham.

24 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ah so we're saying PW is thick?

I reckon he'd have worked AL out as a lying bastard by now

No, not thick, far from it. 

Principled perhaps? 

Either way, something has tipped the balance significantly. 

So many different scenarios possible with this.

PW could have been told he wont be getting the job next season and decided to go.

There could well be a genuine personal reason why he has left.

He may have decided he cant work under this regime anymore, but he still needs an income surely, mortgage kids etc which he mentioned not long ago.

My guess, purely a guess, is he has been offered a position with another club.

Next management team for us ? god knows, but based on the last couple of years, more chaos is on the way.

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Have you by any chance fathered a ginger kid even though there is no ginger on your side ? 

My faith was restored in gingers when PW returned.

Articulate, personable, professional.

Or is he strawberry blonde?

17 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

How coached up is he? Could be taking a year out to study up to UEFA level badges.

He's what I would call "badged up to fuck."

Fuck you Abdallah, fuck you Mo and fuck you Bullshit Baz. I know for a fact you're reading this - you're ruining the club, you set of bell ends. And whilst I'm at it - fuck you Trust Oldham...

Its hardly a surprise if you are a full time member of staff at Boundary Park and you are not currently looking for new employment outside the club their is probably something wrong with you. Id imagine hes been looking for work for sometime and will probably find it by the end of the summer at the very latest.

Whoever applies for the managers job will be doing so out of desperation and will be out of work by the new year anyway.

The Lemsagams are the worst thing that have ever happened to the club.

Archived