Pete Wild

Just now, LaticsLegend said:

There's a few more lurking, they just aren't as vocal.

I can't be arsed to do it myself but I'd love to see a timeline of all the shitty things AL has done or been accused of since he arrived (including number of staff moved on). Would be even better to slap it infront of him and see how he could defend it.

I cannot recall one positive thing this Clown has achieved at this club since his arrival.  Every attempt has backfired in dramatic fashion -

He fucked up Scholes appointment

He fucked up supporting PW when PW helped us out twice 

He fucked up the handling of the playing staff close season resulting in us struggling in L2 whereas we should have been automatic or dominating Playoffs

His interference resulted in the toxicity of the players throughout this season 

Id go as far to suggest he fucked it up as soon as he set foot into this club.  We were in a strong position in L1 and once he took over, we nosedived.  

Not one positive thing.....

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

My guess is he'd not got managers job and no youth acadamy job either if the rumours its to be scrapped are true.

My 'guess' is he told AL he wanted to pick who came and went, played etc, AL stopped laughing and said no. Wildy went full OAFC and told him to shove the lot up his arse.

9 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I cannot recall one positive thing this Clown has achieved at this club since his arrival.  Every attempt has backfired in dramatic fashion -

He fucked up the handling of the playing staff close season resulting in us struggling in L2 whereas we should have been automatic or dominating Playoffs

Id go as far to suggest he fucked it up as soon as he set foot into this club.  We were in a strong position in L1 and once he took over, we nosedived.  

Agree with most except we haven’t been in a strong position in league one since LJ was here. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Agree with most except we haven’t been in a strong position in league one since LJ was here. 

Sorry I meant we should have avoided relegation and been at least 16th last year with the players we had.  Doesn’t take a rocket scientist that our form under Wellens went south as soon as this Clown fully took over and started actively getting involved.

13 minutes ago, Clifford said:

What odds is the owners brother?

I've asked for a price. I'll let you know what the come back with but I'll be checking if the bet will be voided if we don't make it that far before risking my pound. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Gentlemen, place your bets

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/23987272

I see they can't even be bothered having the usual minimum 10 games criteria

Think manager first game of the season is fairly common when the change happens after the season ends. 

Will they give odds for Marco? 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

My guess is he'd not got managers job and no youth acadamy job either if the rumours its to be scrapped are true.

This from the Trust meeting with Al:

“The rumours that the Academy was to be wound up were met with disbelief by both the Chairman and the Head of Football at the club.  Mr Mohammed Lemsagam pointed out that five of our squad have come through the academy and two academy members have been given full contracts.  The youth setup is essential to the club.”

21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This from the Trust meeting with Al:

“The rumours that the Academy was to be wound up were met with disbelief by both the Chairman and the Head of Football at the club.  Mr Mohammed Lemsagam pointed out that five of our squad have come through the academy and two academy members have been given full contracts.  The youth setup is essential to the club.”

Mick Priest will take over here. To expensive to sack him so move him to this role. 

4 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

My guess is............

This 🔼, that’s all it is, let’s wait and see what happens in the next 12 weeks😳

Amongst all this negativity towards AL, Id like to thank Pete Wild for a fantastic job this year.Huge loss to the club letting people with Petes affinity and knowledge go.

Gave us Fulham, gave us hope of playoffs despite two more well known faces doing their best to fuck the team up, and gave us a bit of pride back in our club.

He even managed to get people through the gate despite the fact there was a supposed boycott, due to the fact people genuinely backed him and felt we had "one of our own".

Great job Pete, and good luck in the future, wherever that may be. Always be treated like a hero in Royton!

On 4/23/2019 at 11:08 AM, yarddog73 said:

If that's the case he should be bringing in the likes of Warburton from Stockport and Willoughby from FC United who would both be and upgrade on the likes of Vera and Miller.

Warburton signs for Northampton on a 2 year deal, exactly the type of player we should be taking a punt on. Willoughby at FCUM will also probably make the step up and be another we miss out on.

4 minutes ago, youngen said:

Amongst all this negativity towards AL, Id like to thank Pete Wild for a fantastic job this year.Huge loss to the club letting people with Petes affinity and knowledge go.

Gave us Fulham, gave us hope of playoffs despite two more well known faces doing their best to fuck the team up, and gave us a bit of pride back in our club.

He even managed to get people through the gate despite the fact there was a supposed boycott, due to the fact people genuinely backed him and felt we had "one of our own".

Great job Pete, and good luck in the future, wherever that may be. Always be treated like a hero in Royton!

Agree wholeheartedly with everything apart from the bit in bold.  None of the managers this season did their best to fuck the team up, that's down to a couple of brothers.

10 hours ago, Midsblue said:

You're talking as if he came here with the right intentions..

52 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Agree wholeheartedly with everything apart from the bit in bold.  None of the managers this season did their best to fuck the team up, that's down to a couple of brothers.

Agree, amazing that there are still folk out there who think the managers are the problem.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Agree, amazing that there are still folk out there who think the managers are the problem.

The managers were shit also. Blinded by the fact AL has had a mare over the year. I'm talking purely football, on the pitch matters, not behind the scenes. This squad was more than capable of challenging promotion at start of season.

Bunn spent most his part with our best squad including Surridge and Lyden, and Scholes turned a gritty Wild team into a team which rolled over far too easily. Given a bit better management through the season we would be in the playoffs now. Not saying they're the problem in general, just that Wild did what two better known names didn't do in football terms and managed to somehow give us a great FA cup run, and an outside shot at playoffs from a dead position.

8 minutes ago, youngen said:

The managers were shit also. Blinded by the fact AL has had a mare over the year. I'm talking purely football, on the pitch matters, not behind the scenes. This squad was more than capable of challenging promotion at start of season.

Bunn spent most his part with our best squad including Surridge and Lyden, and Scholes turned a gritty Wild team into a team which rolled over far too easily. Given a bit better management through the season we would be in the playoffs now. Not saying they're the problem in general, just that Wild did what two better known names didn't do in football terms and managed to somehow give us a great FA cup run, and an outside shot at playoffs from a dead position.

Bunn won more cup games than Wild...

I was critical of him but with hindsight he probably did an outstanding job...

45 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Some belters on that ‘Realistic Oldham Athletic Supporters’ Facebook page, deluded isn’t the word...

I've been banned from that facebook group the administrators are some of the thickest Human beings alive.

Archived